Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Aranan posted:

In the Army, we have to always look professional when in uniform. That's why you can stick your hands down your pants to keep them warm, but never in your pockets.

Spitting tobacco juice into dip bottles that you leave everywhere and smoking at every opportunity is perfectly fine, but putting things in your pants' cargo pockets in unprofessional.

I loving hate the Army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Defleshed posted:

I hope so! I just know that Fort Bragg has kind of a crappy reputation.

Are you going to have to do gay AGR admin poo poo all day every day, or will you actually be lawyering? Because I could see JAG and stuff like that actually being pretty chill AGR positions in that you get to do your job and don't have to worry about making sure chucklefucks show up to schools.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

My schizophrenic sociopath CO is under investigation for "demoralizing comments" made in formation in Afghanistan. The investigation was brought on by a complaint by an AGR E7 that deployed with us who is quite possibly the most useless, stupid human being I've ever met in my life and who was relieved as a PSG and is upset because he was 4 blocked on his NCOER. The full-time staff has colluded with the organic CSM to manipulate the NCOERs we signed before being REFRAD, changing the raters and the actual evaluations in the process. The moronic platoon leader I deployed with that almost shot my roommate during a blackout because he thought the Taliban cut the power to invade BAF and who refused to work the day after taking a single round 75m away from his site got bronze star license plates, was overheard on the phone demanding special treatment from the car dealership for being a BSM recipient, and faked a surgery for his daughter in order to cut out of DEMOB 5 days early to go on vacation.

I'm ashamed to know and be involuntarily associated with all of these people and can't wait to loving get out.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

My branch sucks. Although I now have a functional area so I'm in that weird gray area where I'm still branched EN but not really.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Merton Blask posted:

It's five years for a TS, which drops to a regular Secret if you let it lapse. Secret lasts for ten.

In theory your S2 should be all over getting guys to renew, but it's like herding cats sometimes forcing dudes to re-input their sf86 online.

If you applied for or renewed your clearance any time since 2007, your information will be stored in eQip. All that you need to do for the reinvestigation is update your information since then.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

11b1p posted:

My clearance expired, really don't give a poo poo anymore. Less than 250 days left, Want to go IRR.

Aren't you an AGR?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

They really should dissolve the AGR program and go back to cycling Regular Army personnel through AGR billets. That, or just offer them as ADOS tours.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Guard guys who are full time active. Like a line company usually has 3, one each for supply, personnel, and training. All NCOs.

Basically this. Reserve units usually have 5 because they're decentralized from the battalion. They're notorious for somehow getting nothing done but also getting upset when people don't immediately respond to their emails. Also for some reason guard AGRs don't always deploy with their units.

psydude fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 23, 2014

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

His PL is WhiteChocolate

e: The only thing worse than having an AGR commander is having an AGR battalion commander. At least generals aren't allowed to be AGRs.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Sneaky HHC commander tried to lure me to drill next weekend before my 90 day drill-free period is up. Screw that.

Also, I don't even know where my uniforms are.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Did you CONEX get shipped back yet?

We never had one, nor did we have STRATAIR, so we had to mail everything back and claim it on our voucher. But all of my uniforms from Afghanistan are MULTICAM, so I can't wear those anyway. I have no idea where my ACUs are. Oh well.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The combat shirts are great, but they fall apart after like 4 or 5 times in the washer.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

11b1p posted:

Did you mention something about my clearance to our CoC? I doubt they will finish redoing my clearance in the 242 days before I ETS. Since the unit will not let me transfer I am going to ask to go into IRR after ETS so I can hopefully get a call from a unit closer to home.

You can bypass your worthless AGR ops people and contact either the battalion security manager directly, or your MACOM security manager. You'll probably piss off the full-time staff, but you have 8 months left and that clearance means cash money, so who cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

A girl from another platoon apparently cried during the ceremony for her CAB, which she was awarded for being about 100m away from a rocket. She was sent home early for sneaking pain meds into country.

• Locked thread