Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
is there some kind of clause where if you don't shut the gently caress up about the bunny ears someone you love dies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
uhhhh hey baby wanna see my under nut uhhh

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
she apparently failed in a pretty important mission and got captured i'd be pretty bummed too. i mean i guess she could be 100% stoic about it but she also seems to be a teenager

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
the cheerleaders seem pretty competent though, but yeah it's pretty funny that two women got their gundam stolen from them, though in raraiya's case it seems like she just bailed as soon as poo poo looked bad, leading to her own brain damage

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

ImpAtom posted:

Nobody is saying it doesn't. It is the fact that the argument is focused around "crying is bad" which is what makes it kinda worthless.

I understand what you're saying but Aida is crying.

Potsticker posted:

She was prepared enough to have that suit, but not a helmet or pxygen? :iiam:

I know, right. Maybe she thought the power of flying squirrels would possess her and empower her

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

John Carstairs posted:

I must admit that this is the sort of thing I expected when I heard they were intentionally trying to make the show more feminist:

In her defense, Manny seems pretty reasonable so far for a Gundam character.

Kind of hoping this turns out to be the case, however.

My favorite bit about that part was that I totally expected her to gently caress it up but she NAILED that poo poo

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
it would have been pretty funny if she had bailed in a particularly egregious way, to be honest

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Srice posted:

People trying to jump over water but failing is always funny, man or woman.

This, too, is a truth of Feminism 101

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

ImpAtom posted:

Monday is just like... even if she's supposed to be a weird Tomino parody of a moeblob, she's still basically one. Maybe he'll do something more with her but it's an awful awful start.
I kinda of feel like maybe she is since she's literally brain damaged to be that way but I don't want to think about it too hard because I know there is a deep dark hole that I will fall down

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Wark Say posted:

I leave for a day and the conversation took a turn for the weird. Or is this what passes for normal when it comes to discussing Gundam shows? Regardless. You know what confuses me from all this?

• Why is this only 25 episodes? Are they sure Tomino can keep it succinct and punchy?
  • Wasn't this supposed to be a completely different thing from Gundam altogether, according to the Old Man himself no less?
  • Seriously, why is this still not available in 'murica / México via legal means?
  • Am I still allowed to be mad at Gundam Seed for being a festering pile of unequivocal garbage and wasted ideas?

Because that's how much they want to fund it for, and Tomino is hard enough to work with already,
Yes, but Tomino likely had to cede ground on that because of good old "Executive Meddling"
penis
yes

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

ImpAtom posted:

I'd give it the benefit of the doubt but Puru exists.

This is also a truth.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I loved that when Bell walked past Aida he was basically smelling her hair

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

ImpAtom posted:

They're going up to train and do repairs on the cable.

It... it doesn't really explain why the cheerleaders are there beyond 'the got snuck onboard somehow or something?"

It is a part of the fine husband finding tradition.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
retarded on monday, captive on tuesday, elevator on wednesday

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
It probably is a lot less stressful to be a cheerleader than a heavy machine operator

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Until something is said otherwise, i'm going to assume that was drama particles. and i wouldn't be surprised if tomino doesn't do anything else with psycoframe stuff after how overboard unicorn went with it.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i don't care that there's three girls in here i have to poop AND I HAVE TO POOP NOW

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Well no-one's died because of Gunpla Insanity in a few decades so maybe he just passively instead of actively hates them

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I've seen similar complaints, or, not even complaints, but comments, made in threads about other popular things, like the Attack on Titan manga. People will bring up things about not knowing a character's motivation, or why they did a thing, when the thing JUST happened and the story is not even over.

When there's large gaps in between things, it's easy to overanalyze or overthink things, or think about things that are not immediately relevant during the wait. Personally, I have a really bad memory so I don't tend to argue about specific details as much as just laughing at things I think are silly or dumb. I do remember, and will always, however, remember Bellri pooping in the Gundam because that's really funny to me.

Here's the only things that have bothered me so far:
Raraiya Monday

Other people should, and have been bringing up things that aren't like Feminism 101 surface level analysis, which is already inherently hilarious to apply to Japanese media, let alone a medium that is basically Shrek: the TV series or Lazytown but from a culture that none of us are members of or participate in.

muike fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 12, 2014

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Srice posted:

I like Tomino but the only person in anime I'd ever give a free pass to is Yuasa.

If G-Reco does wind up being like Brain Powerd then sure, I'd rightfully talk about how much of a let down it is. But I've enjoyed these first few episodes so much that I would be incredibly surprised if it sinks that low.

Unlike where Brain Powerd was with this many episodes, I have a decent idea of what the setting entails and what the conflict is going to be about. And while Bellri's motivations are a bit quirky to me at this point in time (Which isn't a problem since like muike said, it's still in progress), I can at least say that it establishes him as being a really impulsive guy so there's that. I like most of the cast so far (the character animation helps so much in that regard, lots of nice little touches that go a long way) and yeah Raraiya could be handled better, but it seems likely that her condition is probably not permanent so I'm down with waiting and seeing where that goes before throwing stones.

And heck, I can't completely dislike Raraiya because the fact that she was watching Bellri poop while the other girls were looking away was hilarious as hell.

(I'd be down with seeing points addressed instead of generic rambling about how I only like this because of Tomino)

Those little details of her doing things are really funny, but it's super heavily contrasted by the fact that's she's basically an insane drooling retard, presumably from oxygen deprivation, but no one really seems to mind. She's also just really annoying when it comes to yelling about the Gundam, and despite being so early on, I really feel like they need to go somewhere with her quickly.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

everythingWasBees posted:

She's been gradually getting more and more active and capable, so I'm hoping they do something with her. And they're going the amnesia induced by oxygen deprivation route, so it's definitely something temporary.

With only 25ish episodes, they can't afford to keep her like that for long.

Yeah, but at this point I'm kind of afraid she'll be in gibbering brain damage land for the rest of the show. Maybe she'll end up about as sane as Tem Ray, which would be a step up. Even if she remains brain damaged a sense of agency from her instead of basically being a moeblob character in a moe-free world

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Oh my god if she's intended to be like that I'm not going to like her and Tomino WILL be hearing about this!!

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Potsticker posted:

I'm not familiar with a Puru.

purupuru

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

ImpAtom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PouA2_Y7vHs

Features creepy bullshit as a pre-click warning.

She is also named for a famous pedophile magazine from japan

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
purupuru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I expected that as soon as I saw him in the OP and ED. I also knew he would be a huge piece of poo poo and I was hype

• Locked thread