Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Really looking forward to the show if they do three way fights right it could be fanastic.

Also have to disagree with the op, when S1 was announced my reaction was "Hell yeah." Though this may be because I really liked gunpla builders (I have not taste).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Really liked the episode, looks like BF hasn't lost its touch.

also apparently Doms are now sold out on all the big sites. Oh build fighters, you money making machine you. :allears:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm pretty much convinced that fumina will be a tactics master. we've got the brawler, the sniper so she'd fit nicely into that category. I'm more optimistic about her characters as she's part a the main three man team, so I think she won't end up like china. her loss could also help be explained by the shock of the guy going "Hey your clubs gonna get shut down"

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

This show makes me want a mg of the build burning and the lighting even though I have like 5 mg's I still have to do.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Did Fumina ever get her hands on it? I can't remember. It was the first time Fumina ever saw gunpla before, so he may not have known how much they weigh or how they are supposed to handle.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

She didn't even know they had a Dom since it was inside the trophy.

I'm thinking of the time when the dom fell out of bounds, but on reflection, I don't think she ever got her hands on it.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Eej posted:

THAT LIME GREEN IS SO INTENSE

I love this.

But what the hell is "reflected world?" and "special processing"

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Yosuke posted:

This show makes me actually work on my backlog. Waiting for paint to dry now, but basically after it ended I went back to work on the MG Hi Nu I got recently.

Anyone else get the same feeling?

You fool! You're falling into Bandai's trap!

....I'm painting my mg turn a kit tonight and working on the mg sengoku astray when I watch the episode later.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

chumbler posted:

I really hope Gyanko's establishing sequence is her owning a gyan piloted by her brother.

You build the Tallgeese and then throw out that other trash.

Umm the Sengoku Astray and the Crossbone Maoh both own, don't listen to this chump.

Tallgeese is still the best though.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

BlitzBlast posted:

I am just so loving happy the Destiny is in a show where it can have a good fight.

you and me both. The things a beast in the vs series, so I'm hoping it'll get a good fight in animation.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I could't help but like Rinko and her attempts to constantly get Sei and China together. The broest of moms.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Sei and Reiji got wrecked by Yuuki in both their first and second matches against him, to be fair.

That said, I really don't see Gyanko taking the entire win. Yuuki did it because he was the series rival.

I wouldn't say wrecked given that both players were down to using their boosters to finish the fight.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

you know build fighters, it's really cruel to tease us with a mg quin mantha, we all know we're never gonna get that kit :mad:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

BlitzBlast posted:

In-battle or bust. :colbert:

Also I am so sad there isn't actually a recreation of the Unicorn's launch because that is such a great setpiece.

well when I went to the gundam museum, at least they had a life size bust of the strike freedom :suicide:. I wonder why they replaced it in the show with the unicorn?

EDIT V Well poo poo, I didn't know about that. Was it recently put up or something?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

It'd be cool to see the 00Q, such a badass suit and didn't get nearly enough screentime in the movie.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Whoever wins this will probably gets ~30 seconds of screentime and be blown up by an Acguy, to be fair.

hey better than nothing :shobon:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

No idea what he's doing may be a little harsh, but they went out of their way to show that the Destiny is a completely vanilla snapbuild.

I sort of want Yuuma to be smug as hell about the destiny's build quality and then have his poo poo completely rocked by the guy's superior piloting skills. I like Yuuma, but it'd be funny

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Broken Loose posted:

I recently watched the final episode, so my opinion is likely tainted by that. It's pretty extreme, though, because the Unicorn AND the Neo Zeong both have impenetrable i-Fields and neither dude seriously tries anything other than "shoot guns that haven't worked for the last 10 minutes" until Full Frontal starts shooting the colony interior at random.

unicorn only has an i field on it's shield, and the fight in the colony only last a couple of minutes. I don't even think Banagher fights the neo zeong n the colony, he just high tails it out of there.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I imagine that the SD gundam will give her some advantages, I'll wait and see what the writers are going to do with it.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Kai Tave posted:

"Did you miss the part where the rival beat the poo poo out of the lead male with a hastily put together SD gundam?"

So serious question, why isn't the male lead the one going "drat, SD Gundam, gotta get me some of that poo poo."

because SD gundams aren't made for kung fu, the whole point of the scene was to show that not every gunpla is suited for his martial arts.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

thought it was a pretty good episode, just meant to show off the main team's training and/or upgrades.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Thank god. I was worried they might do something incredibly boring and lame like eery other gundam show and shoot them to death, or cut them with those lame beam swords that Tomino stole from Star Wars.

Sekai cheats and just fires a sekiha tenyoken at the opposing players.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I really don't see how the point system in s1 made the fights have any more tension since, well they won nearly every time. They only lost a race.
Really they only "lost" twice, against Yuuki in the second and sixth episode, though that loss happened off screen.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Khisanth Magus posted:

Except that nothing in that episode showed any piloting talent at all on his part. It was all the OPness of his model being shown off. It doesn't take great skill to fire your super gun at someone outside of the range they thought you could shoot, and then he just cut through the shields of the final suit, showing that his model is superior to everything!

well it does help establish that Sakai can build some mean model kits and showing how good the mobile suit is important to establish Sakai as a rival.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I really dont' see how anyone can not see this show is lighthearted. We had a swim team get beaten because they didn't plan for ice (while wearing swimsuits to the match no less).

I keep failing to see the "serious" side people are talking about, except for maybe last episode with the sick kid. It's still a goofy show people.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I lost it at the entire male audience feeling the gunpla dick punch. Fantastic episode.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

oh my loving god tatsuya's entrance :allears:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

The Try team has outclassed the bulk of their opponents though. They've never lost a single unit except against Shimon's dudes and in several fights they hilariously outclassed their opponents (the V Gundam MA fight.) They're never really behind or even evenly matched. Maybe the G-Master fight.

They lost both the Lightening and the Winning in the G-master fight though.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

So it just struck me why I find Yuuma's angsting about his dark past even more grating.

It's not only that it's taking something way too seriously for the show's premise (although it is), it's that something like this already happened to someone else, in show, and the reaction was vastly different.

In episode 4 after Sakai spends the entirety of his fight poo poo-talking Sekai, calling him a noob scrub who doesn't understand his Gunpla and a loser who's only good for beating up little kids, and then ends the fight by completely thrashing Sekai, hot-blooded burning spirit power up and all. Minato as presented in that episode is simply a huge jerk, not the socially awkward dork that we see more of in later episodes, and in his first appearance he doesn't really behave any better than Saga did.

The sum total of Sekai's reaction to all this is, 'Huh... he's got a point there. Time for a training montage.'

Compare this to Yuuma, who quit Gunpla battling altogether for two years.

That's not really fair Sekai didn't really care that much about gunpla at all. Hell he only likes it because he can use his martial arts against opponents. He realized he had to understand gunpla better to do better in the fights

Yuuma's quite different He really did care about gunpla building and battling and really understood it. After he was taught by Sei, a world champion. From what we could tell he worked his rear end off in making his gunpla. Having someone completely destroy you and calls you poo poo, I could see why want to quit over that. The two situations are quite different.

I still think people get way too huffy over Yuuma, but hey.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Srice posted:

Sekai seems like he worked his rear end off for his martial arts and has some mysterious awesome person that trained him. If he lost to someone in a martial arts competition or w/e it would be a similar circumstance and he would probably not mope about it and act cold towards his friends for 2 years.

Christ it's a bit of leap to say that he was constantly moping about it I can see losing that bad killing someone's drive to play a game. He just didn't want to do gunpla battle anymore, which is the only reason that he avoided Fumina, because he knew he was letting her down.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Don't forget that the Lightning was entirely designed around countering the guy's Gundam. Which makes no loving sense in hindsight considering he built it before he started playing Gunpla Battle again.

I thought Yuuma said that he put basically his best efforts in the lightning, not that he built it specifically to beat that suit.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Except this is a case where this isn't a matter of opinion. The toy sales for BFT have been below those of the orignial series and are weaker than the other airing Gundam show. Aside from a sales spike with the Dom in episode 1 it also hasn't had the "old model sales boost" that BF had more regularly.

I can't help but wonder if having two gundam shows may cannibalize sales. S1 didn't have to compete with another show.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I love how the meijin just can't stand the idea of someone giving up gunpla and will personally ensure that that kid continues on.

I hope Bandai is giving him a big paycheck.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Okay so the Blonde guy wants to become the next meijin. How exactly do they change meijins? does Yuuki have to die? get beaten in a gunpla battle? Are those glasses akin to a wrestling belt?

From what I could tell PPSP assigned the Meijin title in Bf, but they're gone now.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I watched a bit of the episode before work and I have to say that I like the new op more than the old one.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

eh I don't mind Sekai. It's not like Reiji was a deep character.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Man I hope the sister beats the poo poo out of this guy. Even she knows he's an embarrassment to their master.

I hope that Sekai's master finally shows up after the fight and sets him straight.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I have to say I'm kinda disappointed that the proagonist's rivals are all 00-inspired machines. (Although The End is at least a bit of everything), especially since last season also ended with an 00 machine prior to the mocks. I know GN Drives are shorthand for powerful but in a series where the Turn-A Gundam can be defeated by a bear punch to the cockpit it doesn't really need that shorthand.

well the writer for BF also wrote 00, maybe he's just got a bias towards them.

EDIT- Really given all the advantages a GN Drive would offer, I would put one on my gunpla if I was a serious competitor.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Caros posted:

Anyone else feel really bad for the jobber team? I enjoyed the episode a lot, but I couldn't help but wish they'd spent a few seconds making the faceless goons seem like assholes, because they got wrecked embarrassingly hard. They didn't put a scratch on the Try fighters, or even seem to make them... well... try at all.

It probably doesn't help that Sekai's finisher probably left that one guy's gunpla as a fine powder when the fight ended. They even rubbed it in by posing in unison.

eh same thing happened when the SBS first showed up. gotta show off how cool the new models are (and let's face it they looked pretty sweet).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm also enjoying posters now believing that the first 12 or so episodes of try were poo poo.

It's like the reverse 00!

• Locked thread