Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I hope Build Burning kung fus a Neo Zeong kit at somepoint. Kung fu the gently caress out of it, robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm hoping for a custom HGBF Neo Zeong kit myself :munch:. Just to see if Bandai really are that insane.

They better loving not.

I don't have room for a second.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The gently caress is this? You're not even displaying it with the booster legs? It's like you're trying to keep it looking moderately reasonable. For SHAME! :colbert:

That's a five foot tall bookshelf. It literally doesn't fit with the booster legs on. It's tall enough that the shoulders are almost to the ceiling, and I don't have anywhere else to put it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Still waitin for a Neo Zeong bossfight.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Azipod posted:

"Day 34: The Zekes do not yet realize that I am not a Dom..."

Meanwhile, onboard the Trojan Horse White Base...

Dear BFT put this in the show and release a kit of it it is the dopest.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dj Meow Mix posted:

It seems like the rules have changed for 3 player team battles. I'm really looking forward to a bunch of weird team compositions, they'll itch my Gundam Extreme Vs urges.

I'm pulling for Neo Zeong, one of those 1/24 RX kits, and a Zgok.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I want Sekai to learn about having a hand that glows with an unstoppable power.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Jesus Christ you assholes are sucking all the fun out of plastic robots beating the poo poo out of each other.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Razzled posted:

What the gently caress is it about Gundam threads that riles up the SJW autists? Can we please just enjoy our loving cartoon show about plastic toys you assemble and fight with?

Seriously, the difference in posts from <any random adtrw thread> and anything related to Gundam is :catdrugs: as gently caress.

This post manages to be worse than ImpAtom though.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kanos posted:

Both fists look gigantic like they both have add-ons in that shot, so it's possible the Winning splits up and combines with both fists.

The other fist is just ridiculously close to the screen. It's still in Build Burning's colors.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

This is dope and I want it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
"Why can't I hit it?"

"Because you're bad."

BFT best show.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sharkopath posted:

The gunpla goes haywire worldwide and Sekai needs to quickly teach the rest of the cast a rudimentary form of Jigen Haoh Anti-Plamo Martial Arts to help combat the threat. In a rather inspired decision from the director the last 3 episodes are just a live camera setup of all the voice actors smashing and stomping on an endless variety of different gundam models .

I thought Tomino was busy with G-reco.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ImpAtom posted:

I really do hope Sekai runs into a problem he can't just kung-fu his way out of. It's sort of weird having a team of two real robot pilots and a super robot pilot.

It's, actually really good and cool.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sharkopath posted:

Imagine being real smug and elitist but instead of being that way for like late era english literature you do that because somebody didn't properly cut all the nubs off of their plastic toy model.

That's the true villain of Build Fighters.

So the /toy/ gunpla thread, where if you're not painting every kit you're a piece of poo poo?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Darth Walrus posted:

I'm still wondering how the Winning Gundam is supposed to be an upgrade in firepower compared to the Cardigan. I mean, that's what Fumina said she wanted, but it just seems to have a piddly little machinegun and a buzzsaw shield as opposed to 'literally all the guns ever' like the PGMC.

Because she's not trying to upgrade her firepower, she's trying to find a better, more agile support suit that will be better able to adapt to the situation to help her teammates, because between Sekai and Yuuma they have close-up punches and long-range pew pews covered. This is literally a thing she says in the episode, y'all motherfuckers are deaf.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The Missing Link posted:

The strength of five gorillas! But why so short?

You're not the boss of Tiger-Bot Fumina.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ImpAtom posted:

Man, I'm on other forums where people are making the exact same complaint, so I know this isn't true. I also literally can't watch the show with the group of people who I watched BF with because they're so annoyed by it. This is also why I'm not very forgiving of it, because the people I'd most like to watch the show with are turned off by it.

The people you would watch it with sound even more insufferable than you.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Srice posted:

Man, if someone merely bringing up stuff like that can ruin someone's enjoyment then they shouldn't seek out discussion in the first place.

It's less bringing it up and more never shutting up about it and then quickly adding "but I like it!" at the end.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Srice posted:

Actually, discussing why something works or doesn't work for you is cool and I encourage it.

Man good thing I never said "don't talk about things", huh?

Perhaps, at a certain point, if a show isn't working for someone, they should stop watching that show.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Srice posted:

Heck, I think it's a pretty lovely thing to accuse someone of being insincere when they say they like the show despite its flaws!

Heck I'm starting to think you're illiterate with how you keep thinking people are saying things they aren't!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Nobody's accusing anyone of being insincere you dipshit, they're saying that going "but I like it!" real quick at the end of a bunch of complaints and then going "b-b-but I said I liked it!" is some dumb poo poo.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Srice posted:

So you don't believe he liked it and should have perhaps, gone home instead of posting in this thread?

OH ho ho you sure are clever.

Also, once again, not a thing I said. Please engage with the things I say and not with the things I don't say.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BlitzBlast posted:

Also I swear to god if you guys keep arguing about how people should enjoy the show I am locking this thread.

Please do, and unlock it once a week to link the new episode in before immediately relocking it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
e: gently caress this stupid thread

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Oh Snapple! posted:

Thing is I don't really view it that way. Yes, the Winning itself is likely capable of matching the Lightning and Burning, and as such can likely match single competitors itself. I don't view the Winning Road as sacrificing herself - I think, and I also think this is what the show was trying to convey - that the system allows her to strategically redistribute the Winning's power to her teammates as the situation demands, and that Fumina herself has a good head for this kind of thinking, while still maintaining a core unit that is still dangerous and capable of taking out others. It's pretty much the ultimate team player robot and I just don't see the problem with that because being a team player is a good thing in absolutely any team-based competition and in fact is something that is generally encouraged of folks!

And it's also a niche that needs to be filled considering you have one dude who just sits back away from the action and snipes at poo poo and one dude who does nothing but run into the action and sometimes they need a little love and support and bigger things to punch/shoot with.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ImpAtom posted:

It makes her a team player but it makes her a team player who, within the context of a show, is devaluing her own role in favor of improving her allies.

Her role on the team is Support and Tactics, this involves helping her allies have a better chance of performing their own roles, you are a loving idiot.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Srice posted:

Yeah, it would have been great if Gyanko could have at least taken down the guy who her brother beat.

Oh you mean the leader of the team that's being set up as hella good that team Try Fighters has to fight next episode? I agree, the relatively minor supporting character should have beaten him.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Srice posted:

Would definitely be better than another dull 3-0 fight yeah! Plus not-Sleggar is clearly meant to be the real threat here.

Whoosh

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sharkopath posted:

Gyanko is a much more interesting character with more relevance to the show than the team that is going to lose next episode, so yes, it would have been nice to see her have any success at all, Dickeye.

I agree. If you don't understand why she didn't blow away the team leader though you're an idiot.'

It'd be great if you morons could respond to things I actually say instead of just flailing and shrieking about how dumb and bad the show is.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Srice posted:

Ahahahaa

Good responses from good posters.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sharkopath posted:

Person who absolutely hates the no good Robot Fight Show and wants nothing more than to see it destroyed: It would be really cool if instead of being absolutely wrecked, Gyanko had caught the dudes sword with her shield, yelled about not underestimating her, and messed him up real good even if she still lost in the end, I would have liked that a lot.

I agree with this it's almost like you're responding to a thing you're imagining me saying and not what I'm actually saying.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sharkopath posted:

*In attractive cool guy Dickeye voice*

It'd be great if you morons could respond to things I actually say instead of just flailing and shrieking about how dumb and bad the show is.

Yeah you should point to where I said I didn't think Gyanko should do anything at all instead of "it's dumb to think she should have beaten the guy" because I said one of those things and not the other one.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sharkopath posted:

I don't think you can actually read, or you would have noticed I'm not making fun of that part of the post.

Sharkopath posted:

Gyanko is a much more interesting character with more relevance to the show than the team that is going to lose next episode, so yes, it would have been nice to see her have any success at all, Dickeye.

So again: You're busy arguing with me about a thing I never said. Craaaaaaazy

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Level Slide posted:

Stop posting about posting, that got the Greco thread closed.

I hope Sekai still goes on that date with Gyanko.

This thread being closed would be good, and cool. This thread is awful.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Srice posted:

Might be a good idea to clarify what you said then, to dispel any confusion on the matter!

Literally The Worst posted:

Yeah you should point to where I said I didn't think Gyanko should do anything at all instead of "it's dumb to think she should have beaten the guy" because I said one of those things and not the other one.

Jeeze this reading poo poo is loving hard it's way easier to just flail wildly at windmills.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Literally The Worst you are actually the worst poster in this thread that includes me and ImpAtom. Please just shut up.

Not even close breh (and neither of you are the worst posters either!)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im sure G-Gundam sold tons of plastic

I'm actually pretty sure this isn't what happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ImpAtom posted:

\Theoretically Sekai could punch into it and then shoot laser punches depending on if Jigen Haoh particle manipulation counts as a beam.

Sounds good to me.

• Locked thread