Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I expect (even if it's a background event) a team with a Dendrobium, Neo Zeong and Perfect Zeong. and I want this to come true. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

He got beat by Sazaki and swore off fighting forever :v: ?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

mr. stefan posted:

It did have III's gun though, but yeah I'd love to see a tallgeese that's a legit custom.

Well there is this glorious thing already.:allears:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Fumina is cool but she and Sekai's sister once again confirm that anime has issues with making female character designs (for "teenagers")

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Pictured: The best :smug: of the show so far.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Medabots owned, but some years ago i found out there was a second season.
I watched both season at that time, the original is dorky but fun and is still quite entertaining but that second season is just terrible.

E:

Pyronic posted:

Medabots had a pretty cool 2d fighter on the GBA I absolutely loved.
I had the pokemon esque rpg for the GBA and it ownes.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I cant watch it yet but the thumbnail alone looks (zaku) amazing.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Chewbacca posted:

That was a fun one, this shows shaping up nicely. Here is the next piece of plastic that we will all want to own: http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2014/09/hgbf-1144-r-gyagya-announced.html
First the Cargidan, now the R-GyaGya; bring on all of the sub-arms and support arms. :swoon:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

Incidentally I will laugh so hard if that photoshoot was the extent of Mirai's involvement with the Bearguy F. The thing gets a model associated with it so it can sell both in real life and in the anime. :v:
I keep expecting a Not-Setsuna character to waggle behind Mirai with how much he babbled about that.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

I was actually looking at this earlier and noted that it's apparently a 1/144 version of the MG Destiny, which confused the hell out of me when I was trying to figure out if it was the HG or the RG.
As long as it leads to a HG CE Destiny I'm happy.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

:kamina: I noticed it too :kamina:, if they had the rights to AGE they should have given him the AGE1 with it's spinning beams.

Bring on a homage to Final Fusion!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I did like the whole "+2 others" thing a lot.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I hope they lose the next fight (in a close match or something to look good blabla) and the top 4 go on.
that keeps Gyanco in and would serve some plot better.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

The build Burning gundam is in pieces. Only Sakai and Yuuma working together are able to fix it, but will they be able to work out their differences?
Find out next time in Dragon Ballllll Zéééeee Gundam Build Fighters Try.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Yeah that was pretty good, and I am all for them going off into the deep end with Sekai like this.

Next week will be the mandatory fanservice episode I guess. :shrug:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I have now seen a Gundam go all :ssj: Super Saiyan :ssj: and I laughed my rear end off when it happened. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Take all the guns from FA Unicorn, slap them on this version of the HeavyArms and use Zssas backpack/flyers as funnels. :shepface:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

i just want nils to have an even more weaboo gunpla in the backdrop somewhere.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

I want him to show up decked in full samurai armour and no one present bats an eye.
Nils dressed up like the Musha Gundam Mk2. :allears:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

This plays every time he enters a room:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQhJMvJDSZA

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Seems like it yeah.
I do like the multiple options and part combinations they managed to fit into one SD model though, that's quite cool.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Not done watching yet, but I like that Kirara became a Hollywood star by her being a gunpla idol somehow. :v:
Also Yuuma's dumb faces when offering to build a model. and Mirai's look when the Zakrello shows up :allears:

Zedd fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Dec 10, 2014

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

:byodood: My sister isn't just for show. :stare:

It's the weirdest shameless cheesecake episode but they are actually having silly fun with the characters.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

Crossbone Maoh got screwed over the most though. Didn't even get to use half the crap the Crossbone is known for, and it never saw its option pack either.

It probably did have the best awesome:screentime ratio in the show though.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

TARDISman posted:

A Skull Mouth Satellite Cannon that had the single most satisfying noise when it opened/closed.
Oh yes, that was downright amazing.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Speculation like other people:
I really hope they do an SD>Hg thing now, just because it will be bonkers.
Also while that Lightning backpack mk2 is probably the most insane backpack in gundam recently, it is actually somewhat bulky unlike all the SEED-era/00 raiser.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Anyone else noticed there's been a real dearth of Booster Packs this time round? By this point there was about five or six of the things in Build Fighters, but so far all we've gotten is the Powered Arms Powereder and Ez-Arms. I liked the Boosters :sigh:.
Not that I disagree but the lightning back weapon system is technically a booster,

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

It looked like a weird mix of an Exia, a unicorn and http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/CB-001.5_1.5_Gundam to me. But with a lot of scratchbuilding.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly I just wish Kawaguchi was their mentor instead of Ral.

Or maybe like he is a teacher at their school and mysteriously he vanishes every time Meijin Kawaguchi shows up to mentor the Gunpla Battle Club. They couldn't be the same person though, he wears sunglasses.
So like Henry The Phantom RenegadeSpace Medafighter X? I'm all for that. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Zedd posted:

So like Henry The Phantom RenegadeSpace Medafighter X? I'm all for that. :v:

Astro Nut posted:

I have here a projection of what he will look at the glorious age of 35.
:shepface::hf::shepface:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

muike posted:

Speaking of 00 designs does anyone have the preliminary screenshots of the movie gundams before the designs were finalized? the zabanya was way cooler then

00Q and Harute (Couldn't find any lineart)

Zabanya:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

For this to be a true shonen anime we still lack a fighter/gunpla that pulls the whole disabling power limiters thing.
(Weighted clothes/EVA-like limiters. I don't count stuff like transam/embody/Exam.)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Swagger Dagger posted:

Does the burning turning orange and shooting fire everywhere count?
Sekai didn't know it could do that at first. :v:
I'm basically waiting for the gunple equivalent of a transformation to more powerful form because the pilot was holding back. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

The new OP as a song is okay, the new OP as scenes is pretty decent.
They just don't match at all. It's like an amateur AMV. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, that's G-Reco's OP.
I don't even consider that thing an OP. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Rewatching the OP it works a lot better.

I wonder if Sei really made a nega build burning now, the OP seems to indicate they are pretty much the same MS :v:

Zedd fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 15, 2015

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

What if...we put GN Drives....on Funnels?
Those where a thing in the 00 Movie, sorta.
There where big remote controlled pods with a GN drive, that released even smaller funnel-like things.

Edit: While looking for the above I also found more to answer this earlier question, It's not the biggest but it's lineart.

muike posted:

Speaking of 00 designs does anyone have the preliminary screenshots of the movie gundams before the designs were finalized? the zabanya was way cooler then

Zedd fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jan 15, 2015

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Omnicrom posted:

As the one person who thought the design of the Sid wasn't all that bad for a final boss mobile armor I'm pretty okay with the Sid appearing.
AGE is bad but SID and Final Boss SID looked pretty cool so I'm fine with that.

Sia's looks pretty okay, but where is the transient gundam :argh:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Still watching but I loved the RX Rifle/Unicorn Magnum sound effect when Mirai appeared. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Caros posted:

Anyone else feel really bad for the jobber team? I enjoyed the episode a lot, but I couldn't help but wish they'd spent a few seconds making the faceless goons seem like assholes, because they got wrecked embarrassingly hard. They didn't put a scratch on the Try fighters, or even seem to make them... well... try at all.

It probably doesn't help that Sekai's finisher probably left that one guy's gunpla as a fine powder when the fight ended.
After pretty much every show/game/whatever has done it like this I just live with it.
"Oh man these new guys where really good last year" > effortless defeat to show off new merchandise > man our heroes are awesome!

That said I really enjoyed the fight none the less, simple but good stuff like Yuuma helping Sekai launch off his feet, alluding to them practicing teamwork.

• Locked thread