Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Ethiser posted:

The stealth Ideon model we didn't know we always wanted.
SRW Build Fighters. The big bad is a RG Space Runaway Ideon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

So, great first episode, fifty posts in the thread, let's see what-

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I have to say, I want to meet the pilot of the customized Core Booster. Who the hell even does that?
Someone who was upset that Plavisky particles have yet to be used for an Ace Combat game?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TARDISman posted:

drat, that last one's going to be my new wallpaper.
Same.

...how the gently caress is it only 200kb?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I wonder if we'll see a subplot this season about one character who uses RGs or PGs dominating everyone with their super flexible and mobile Gunpla then losing to the main trio because the extra complexity means more can go wrong.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Dude comes in boasting about how he coated his gunpla in metal sheeting to ensure it's the most durable machine in the whole drat tourney.

5 seconds after the battle starts he realizes that the plavsky particles can't move his gunpla since it's covered in metal.
Bonus points: He still manages to win because it's a melee and he's basically indestructible.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Every time I see that scene, I get "You Get To Burning" stuck in my head.

I didn't even really like Martian Successor Nadesico.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

For everyone else:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J3jF0c0JVY

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kurieg posted:

It was a pretty good series if you ignore that the depressing movie exists.
I actually tried watching the dub, and I had to stop halfway through episode 4. Something between the narrator sounding incredibly bored, everyone else either overacting like hell or phoning it in, and precisely no break between "major character death" and "we're totally not ripping off Tenchi Muyo" just threw me. I'm gonna try again with a sub. Maybe that'll give me a degree of separation from the constant low-level shame I get from watching it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

DigitalRaven posted:

Aw yisssss...

Build Burning Gun-Dom

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

I don't know why it took so long for me to check out the full version of the second ED, but it is art.
Oh, hey, so that's what Hyadain is doing these days.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Goddammit, this show has made me want to do a kitbash of a loving Sengoku Astray, Crossbone Maoh, and Tallgeese. How the gently caress do I even start on something like that?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

chumbler posted:

I really hope Gyanko's establishing sequence is her owning a gyan piloted by her brother.

You build the Tallgeese and then throw out that other trash.
But then I can't call it the ZF Tall XX Cross

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

AfroSquirrel posted:

The best thing about the fight this past episode was Sekai realizing that the true weapon of a giant robot isn't its fists...

...it's the feet. The ability to make GESPENT KICKs is what separates the men from the boys!
I feel like, if there's ever going to be a time to link this, it's right now.

(Or you can skip right to the best one. Honorable mention goes to and ~4:40 and ~7:45 in video 4, however.)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm actually really hoping that when they come back, they'll be the exhaustingly-in-love-and-also-completely overdramatic couple. It'll be great. :allears:

"I won't let you down, President! I'm going to win for our love!"
"No, Eri! We will win for our love!"
":syoon:"
":swoon:"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kurieg posted:

I think he meant this, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medabots_%28video_game%29.

Though you'll be happy to know that pokemon TCG Gameboy is coming to the 3ds virtual console soon-ish
You'll be even happier to know that the fanslation of the sequel actually got finished a while ago.

Any more discussion than that would be :filez:, though. (And also even more off-topic than the rest of this tangent.)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm actually really hoping that when they come back, they'll be the exhaustingly-in-love-and-also-completely overdramatic couple. It'll be great. :allears:

If I may?

loving CALLED IT.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Also, it was already established that a Gunpla falling out of the ring can damage it. In the first goddamn episode. Remember the diving catch to save the Build Burning?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Razzled posted:

I wanna know how they got the money for that off a gunpla shop no one visits.
World Tournament cash dollaz?
Plus endorsements, and Sei's dad probably makes mad bank as a vaguely-defined Gundam Secret Agent Cop.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Chewbacca posted:

I don't like that the show made it seem like there's a MG Quin Mantha kit though. Not that this is in any way important, but do you assume that that's supposed to be a sign that New Mao is such a talented builder he kitbashed this MG quality build? Or, seeing as how Gunpla is so popular in this universe, can we assume that the MG line is much larger there?
Yeah, that's gotta be, like, a 1/60 scale, right?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Wow, this thread is as terrible as the show is good. (Hint: That's pretty terrible.)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This was a great episode, for a lot of reasons. Put me on the list of people hoping that the damage to the Build Burning sticks. Hell, I could even see Sekai having to humble himself and ask Yuuma for help rebuilding it, and that being the path to them going from "belligerent, constantly-fighting rivals" to "belligerent, constantly-fighting friends".

It'd be kind of a reverse of Season 1's dynamic, in that way. Instead of "please fight with my rad Gunpla," it'd be "please let me fight with your rad Gunpla". Or, alternatively, instead of "please teach me to fight in the rad Gunpla I build", "please teach me to build rad Gunpla that I can fight in".

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

How can I love the big picture of a show so much, and still dislike so much of the little bits?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CaptainRat posted:

There has to be some German word that means 'the feeling of sadness that comes when you realize that something you never knew you wanted has never and will never exist.'
Wistfulness?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Level Slide posted:

There was a part in Escaflowne where (Escaflowne spoilers)the Escaflowne is getting repaired, and Van, who had already "become one" with the thing, feels every bit like it's surgery without anesthesia and if surgery involved a complete replacement of skin. If something similar happens to Sekai, I would laugh while maintaining a horrified expression.
poo poo. Guess I need to finally get around to watching Escaflowne.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I appreciate the derail about Macross 7 and Escaflowne. They've been added to my watch list.

I see that Escaflowne was dubbed twice. Once fairly recently, and once by... Fox Kids? Haha, wow. I'm almost tempted to watch that version. :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I built my Gunpla... in America!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

More like this episode, please.

Death to the main plot, more goofy filler forever!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

It's Trombe colors.
I have no idea what you're talking about, Trombe clea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCmTJVew_tY

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Especially since at the same time, they were hammering in "Yuu rediscovers his passion and his ability to improve" and "Sekai gets beat the gently caress up and then gets excited about it", I kinda feel like the revelation might be "I have no desire to win for my own sake, or to exceed my own limits, and am letting myself become a cheerleader in the hobby I loving introduced them to."

Which is close to, but not quite the same as "I need to learn how to use my own goddamn weapons".

Edit I also find it amusing that they're finally giving Yuuma more character development RE: his Gunpla battling... by basically copying Sei's "you worry too much about losing your Gunpla", just in the context of a series where there's Damage Levels.

Edit2 After an episode and change of him completely taking over the show, I would totally watch a series that was just "Yuuma wanders around Japan being ridiculous and teaching kids to love making plastic robots blow each other up". Bonus points if his sidekick is Fellini.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 25, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I phrased it poorly. What I mean is that Yuuma, like Sei, is going to have to overcome the issue of worrying so much about what will happen if he loses. For Sei, it was 'my precious Gunpla will be destroyed', and for Yuuma, it's "I will continue to not have a personality" "I'm gonna lose a battle at a children's game, which is the worst thing in the world".

(Maybe it's kind of obvious that I don't care much for Yuuma as a character.)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

Something occurred to me as I was driving over to my brother's house this morning for Christmas stuff.

Why hasn't Fumina bothered to look up the name of her mysterious idol on the internet? I mean, as big as Gunpla Battle is, you'd think that there'd be records of past tournaments and their participants available online.
Same reason Yuuma never looked up the name of his nemesis: "gently caress if I know. "

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

nuru posted:

You should just be happy you don't see nascar style brand uniforms.
I really should watch Tiger and Bunny one of these days.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Oh, it totally would. I'm mostly joking!

Although it'd be hilarious if they just made up completely ridiculous fake Gundam shows though. Heroic Ursine Squadron Bearguy and Sengoku Defense Robot ASTRAY.
Let's Go, Gekigundam 3!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, if the moral BF hammered in was "don't take yourself so loving seriously, you're here to have fun", the one this one is hammering in is "don't be a lovely loving sport, everyone is here to have fun".

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Poor Sekai. Everyone else is becoming actual characters with personalities and motivations, while he's actually become less deep.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

As the one person who likes AGE, I'm pretty excited that it looks like Sid will be appearing.
I'm sorry, I've got to ask.

What did you like about AGE? Sell me on it like I've never heard of it before.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

chumbler posted:

There is at least one part of Destiny that there is no shame in liking. It's the part where Shinn kills Kira and the series ends. Also the second OP.
I like the part where Suzaku dresses up as Zero and kills Lelouch. :v:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ethiser posted:

I'm still not sure Saga is the guy who traumatized Yuuma. The short clip of the guy from the second episode had long black hair and if anything looks like evil Jigen Haoh guy.
That seems to be what they're hinting at, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Sakai went out and bought a pair of glasses that matches Yuuma's completely just so he can better pretend that he's his own rival to make fun of him.

That boy needs help.
On the other hand, long live the era of rivals with personality!

• Locked thread