Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I know I'm kind of late but the first episode seemed really dumb to me and I didn't like it but it has lots of room to go up I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
That would be cool and that boy had better earn his own gunpla instead of just finding one hidden inside of a Dom inside of a trophy inside of a trophy case inside of the shed outside the school which is inside japan, which is in the ocean, which is on the earth, which is in space, which is also where arian probably is. So when I put it like that it actually makes a lot of sense.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
That's really well done but I still didn't like that part

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

BlitzBlast posted:

You may need to see a doctor, I think your sense of joy has been crippled.

I have been embittered by a short list of anime-related offenses.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I just want to know where people keep getting those fancy big flame effect pieces from.

it's from an sh figuarts accessory kit, as well as some coming with the build burning kit

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Poison Mushroom posted:

Every time I see that scene, I get "You Get To Burning" stuck in my head.

I didn't even really like Martian Successor Nadesico.

reckless fiyah

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i hope sekai isn't always the one who wins the match for the team

e: aside from the token 1 episode match victories that will be given to fumina and yuuma for character development(?)

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I think you're right.

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, they've actually done this before and all the fields are actual Gundam locations. There was a fight in the first season where they blew a hole in a colony. (It was the first fight against Yuuki, I think but I may be misremembering.)

Will it count if they turn into weapons for Sekai?

n-ye-n...no?? no.

muike fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 22, 2014

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
This episode was way better and agree with everything impatom and sharkopath have said, especially w/r/t sekai not winning because he figured out how to do bakunetsu god finger

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Warmachine posted:

See, at this point I want to find a kit with a giant AWACS dish to slap onto a Gouf R35 with powered arms, paint it yellow, and call it a Powered Gouf Cardigan. With custom Plavsky Jamming Dispenser. :v: I swear to god this is the most effective toy commercial ever.

i was in a gundam pbemrpg like 7 years ago and we had an idea to use minovsky particles as a medium for a sonar-like sensor. we were going to put a huge radome on top of a columbus class carrier and call it Swamp Boss. that is my story, farewell.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
remember desperation disease from e7? it's like that but he just stares at a gunpla in his hand instead of a compac drive. also severe plavsky allergies

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
still waiting for a poorly built blue destiny to show up in build fighters

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
it's amazing how everyone other than the main characters is consistently more interesting than finishing every fight by punching really hard

e: is there any reason for fumina to not just permanently attach the upgrades to Yuuma and Sei and go back to Powered GM? Maybe it makes it more fair for the other team to have a chance at shooting down the "punch harder" and "shoot harder" parts

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
They had at least 26 plans and none of them counted on the punching guy punching really well

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I'm just salty that the show can't rely on stock footage and get really cool animations a la gaogaigar or the stock footage for Domon's finishers, making them really flat and lackluster

If the winning knuckle had stock footage like the interior of the drill gaos I'd never be unentertained again.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I knew we should've got the guy from material science to make anti-fist barriers

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
The latest victim of team try-fighters picks up the remains of their battered models, one cratered across the torso with the shape of a novelty foam finger and the phrase "karate ichiban" embossed in the cracked enamel

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Stock footage is usually pretty bad unless it's something like docking sequences or combining, which means the quality can be upped on the animation, which is something this show really needs.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
that was a cool fight but there was absolutely zero tension to it because you knew that no matter how cool the interesting new character is, they can't win against the main characters.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I hope the Destiny Impulse does get a showing though. Shimon seemed like they might bring him back so I look forward to that.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Yeah it was cool but it was like I know it's ultimately inconsequential and that takes a lot of the weight out of it.

I did literally say "CROSS COUNTER" irl though

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
They can only allot one bit of characterization per episode, and this time it was so Sekai went to hang out with the guy who actually built the gunpla to tell him he was going to get rekt which is cool.

as long as as sekai can put "jigen haoh" before something you cannot outpunch him

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
paint is like ablative armor and magnetic coating

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Yuuma visited off camera, and instead of burning spirit or flowers, he brought the kid modeling supplies.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
That hospital's security is unbelievably terrible or they don't care because he's THAT sick

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Yeah that Izuna kid? He has Space AIDS like Ghinias from 08th MS team, so you can just let anyone visit him as long as they don't have Zaku models. You would not believe the poo poo he has attached to Zakus. It's insane.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

StrifeHira posted:

Ah, so Strike Gundam Red Cliff?

...I could see it.

raven mode

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

BlitzBlast posted:

Well the expo's started. The two big surprises were the Hi Nu Gundam Vrabe and Wing Zero Fire from the sidestories. Nothing new from BF Try as of yet except

a better look at the Gundam Amazing Red Warrior, our mysterious title screen robot. It's... kind of dull, actually. Hopefully that's for easier animation.

G-Reco got a lot of stuff announced though.

well, I guess it's the best red warrior kit i'm getting

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
so that's the f91 guy that talked to allan at the end right?

also lol at the ZZZ Gundam showing up but not actually moving

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I'm really glad that Sleggar Goes Slappers

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
He did, and came out the other side of the I-field portal

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Dude if black turn A's music overrides everything else in the scene it'll be cool

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
it was damage mode B so anything interesting that can happen with damaged gunpla has to wait til the nationals

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just as a thought; Seeing as the series is only going as far as the Nationals this time, what are the odds that Sunrise is going to try and save the World Cup for a movie? They usually try to pull a movie finale out of most Gundam series.

That could actually be good if the writing doesn't poo poo the bed which it probably would for reasons no one ever really understands.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

-Troika- posted:

I'm going to guess that Fumina will have to get a new gunpla now, since the Winning pretty much got trashed.

it was damage mode B so there's no actual consequences for the fights unlike the first show

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I agree and it's one of the bigger flaws of the show.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

ImpAtom posted:

Well, hopefully it is over now that they're going to A-damage. We'll just have to see if the Burning's new gimmick doesn't add a new crutch.

I'm going to say right now it's not going to matter ever at any point and if I'm wrong I won't actually eat a gunpla hat but I will use it as a turn of phrase

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

MonsieurChoc posted:

Can't we all just move on beyond Gunpladome?

No because I might have to eat it.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I wish this version of the red warrior was cooler instead of being just kind of ok because I really like that gundam

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You should be celebrating new years with Yuuki, building the #1 Rocket Spacecraft in japan right now. :getin:

i like ebikawa a lot but i still wish it was more like the katoki red warrior...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
ditch lady kawaguchi too

• Locked thread