Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I think its this girl but her hair color doesn't match. She's grown a lot in the last 7 years.

Yeah going from like 8 to 15 will do that to literally anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The Missing Link posted:

I love that Sei built a model inside of another model. What a nutcase.

I can't believe she wouldn't normally have a Dom in her Gunpla collection. I think you're legally required to have three just for a jet stream attack diorama.

Sei sealed the Build Burning inside a Dom and I wonder why.. Sekai is basically exactly what I wanted him to be. Can't wait for more.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Irisize posted:

Is that supposed to be Tatsuya at the beginning there? He looks so strange without an overplayed hairstyle.

Not having the ghost of the second Meijin haunting him and Settling down with Allen really seemed to mellow him out.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

Edit: If they're going the "Everybody ends up with somebody else" route again, then she seems the most likely pairing for him given Fumina and Sekai already seems to be the pairing there.

I'm...actually kind of okay with this.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I hope we get a custom Tallgeese this season. I mean we had one last season but it didn't last long. :smith:

A little late but that thing was barely custom. It was a Tallgeese II with III's shoulders and I's legs.

Put some effort into Tallgeese it's only THE BEST UNIT.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 9, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

On the other hand, why try to mess with perfection?

because

Zedd posted:

Well there is this glorious thing already.:allears:

Even the glory of god can be polished.

Personally, I kind of want to see an all close-range/melee focused Tallgeese. Tallgeese Knight.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Fat and Useless posted:

If this doesn't happen now I'll be very sad.

Wasn't there an interview or PV where they called this a love story?

It has to happen.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The best character is Sekai's sister's aura of :swoon:

Also Imp Atom I usually agree with you on things like this but it really really feels like your looking for excuses with this one. Like Fumina has been show to be the most competent out of the 3 protags so far, beaten only by dirty tricks and distractions(From the same dirty cheater, no less!). She even gives the hot blooded "I'll NEVER give up speech" that rally's China's poo poo brother.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 15, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

How has she? Like, I'm not trying to be a dick here but the 'dirty trick' she got beaten by was 'the basic attack of a robot that, at most, she was not expecting to see.' Then she was captured by a creeper who made goofy gunpla-altered versions of the usual 'evil pervert villain threatening a girl' comments and had to be rescued.

The first episode is was the distractions of Creeper president threatening to dismantle the club. And yeah that's what he was trying to do because he saved telling her that until the middle of the fight when he needed to distract her and the second time was him literally putting a second machine/power up on the table mid fight. The dude was fighting under-handed because she could smoke him on in a one on one fight.

And earlier you tried to act like her taking down the mobile armor wasn't a big deal because it was a team effort (Which it was, that whole thing was supposed to show 'Wow look at how well they work together!') but Sekai's big special finisher kick only knock a few spindly spider legs off and Kousaka's shot just pierced it once. The vast majority of the damage was from the Cardigan unloading on the thing.

She's shown to be a pretty okay pilot in skill (see, the whole opening scene in episode 1) and then we can deduce she's skilled from the fact that her only on screen opponent has gone out of his way to make sure he had some trump card so he could catch her by surprise.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Zedd posted:

Pictured: The best :smug: of the show so far.

Best Gunpla, Best Girl, Best Smug Face.

Everything you need.

ImpAtom posted:

People keep saying this but I just looked at it again. Sekai tore it to pieces.

No he didn't, he knocked off 3 spindly legs. That's it. That's not 'Torn to pieces' when 80% of the unit is still intact. This is what I meant when you seem like you're trying to find something to be upset about.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

You're both going "he took off three spindley legs' which massive underrates the damage done to it, especially since it throws the unit off balance. I admit that going 'one shot' is a bit unfair as she unloaded her gattling gun into it which was a number of smaller shots, but c'mon. Are you seriously arguing that what Fumina did was a show of serious skill and ability?

It was a show of as much skill and ability as what the other two teammates did. Like that's literally the entire point of that scene.

And you're really up-selling what Sekai did and it really seems like you're doing that to justify why 'No Fumina's stuff doesn't count'.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

They're not significantly greater but they also don't come after getting captured and creeped at and needing to be rescued. It also comes on the wake of last episode where she once again was caught off guard by the exact same guy and put into a vulnerable position where she needed to be rescued. Her partners are allowed to have cool moments without having Gunpla Creeper making gropey-hands at them.

Yeah so is she, she had the entirety of the first episodes opening, and the fight with the Enact before he cheated this episode and probably many more moments in the next 24 episodes we have left.

I...I don't think I like where this is going. It is however preferable to ImpAtom's weird posts where he ignores the show to prove to himself that 'No, Fumina is a bad pilot and this show is bad because of it."

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Oct 15, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

The opening of the first episode had her win a fight against a nameless mook and then get shot to pieces and torn apart.

It had her shooting down multiple people in a huge battle then only losing when being outnumbered by a small platoon.

And you missed the bit about the Enact fight from this episode.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

She took down one person. The scene where she is flying forward is her flying towards open space. The explosion is a missile that flies past her and misses just before exploding.

I explained already why I don't find that very impressive. She would have lost the fight in a one-on-one fight and "it's illegal in tournament matches" feels like pretty thinly veiled justification compared to the things we've already seen other units do, especially when the Agrissa is a canonical attachment for the Enact.

It's just, No she would have won one on one if he hadn't literally cheated, or at the very least if you are being pedantic, had not actively lied about the ruleset they were using.

He actually says "We'll play just like the championships" and then does something (launching a second part of a unit after the match has started) that would be illegal in a game using the championship rules. I mean, you could argue that if he had originally launched with it she could not have won, but the fact that he cheats and catches her off guard with it and she struggled with it isn't actually good evidence of that.

You're seeing things in a way that no one else in the thread is (Like your weird dismissal of Fumina's attack against it and then also saying Sekai's move did a lot more than it actually did) and that's why people are saying you're actively ignoring things that counter your statements. Because you are.

W.T. Fits posted:

No, I think you're letting your preconceptions about what you expect to happen color your interpretation of actual events. But I've realized that it's a waste of time arguing with you about it, since nothing anyone else says is going to convince you otherwise, and nothing you say is going to convince us that you're right.

Basically this.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

"Sekai only kicked off three spindly legs" and "hitting a giant immobile chunk of plastic" and "the Enact wasn't even trying to dodge" and various other things really come across that way. If it wasn't the intended reading then I apologize for misunderstanding it but I don't think it was a wild way to read those comments. It's possible I'm misunderstanding arguments which I apologize if so.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It was a show of as much skill and ability as what the other two teammates did. Like that's literally the entire point of that scene.

Hey ImpAtom here's some poo poo that literally shows me saying the opposite of what you said I said. Thanks for paying attention!

Broken Loose posted:

I really feel like ImpAtom is trying to get some sort of misplaced revenge for the G-Reco thread, but it doesn't work because this show actually has strong female characters who aren't cheerleaders, vegetables, or constantly crying and losing.

We've gone too deep.

Razzled posted:

What the gently caress is it about Gundam threads that riles up the SJW autists? Can we please just enjoy our loving cartoon show about plastic toys you assemble and fight with?

Seriously, the difference in posts from <any random adtrw thread> and anything related to Gundam is :catdrugs: as gently caress.

This post is the worst in the thread though.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Gyanko's such a smug poo poo, I love it.

EDIT: So yeah Gyanko's the best and here's to her winning the Karate Bowl.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Oct 22, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Love Love Tengyanken. Let's make it real.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dj Meow Mix posted:

:agreed:

I'm glad the show keeps getting better, looking forward to learning the majesty of SD next episode.

Please let there be a Captain Gundam. He's so cool.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

That was a significantly better episode that the previous ones although the "save Gyanko before her machine gets sucked out" thing is pretty goddamn nonsensical. It's a Gunpla Battle. It will just be a ring out and even if it wasn't it isn't like space is lava.

I can buy her teammates being concerned and Sekai is kinda a knucklehead, but why the heck was Fumina worried?

Typical goon. Doesn't know how to woo a lady...

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

The first season, as I said above, was a lot more emphasized on the idea that these were plastic toys.

Nah not really, they did all that dumb poo poo in season 1 a lot and to fair to Try we're 3 episodes in so yeah it looks super concentrated when season 1 had all 25 episodes to space it out in. I'm sure it'll be fine.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Zedd posted:

First the Cargidan, now the R-GyaGya; bring on all of the sub-arms and support arms. :swoon:

Put them together.

R-GyaGya Asura

Zwingley posted:

I dunno about the R-Gyagya at no risk of damage. They were in Field 3: Forest, not Field 1: Space. We saw from episode 1 that falling out of the ring was entirely with a Plavsky display(?) of that size. Maybe the momentum from being sucked out of the colony could have tossed the R-Gyagya out of the ring and into the floor? :shrug:

I'm probably way overthinking what is ultimately a joke, and forgetting something obvious in my overanalysis, though. :shobon:

Also have you ever played a video game and got stuck on a cliff and we're being pulled/pushed off? It's a very hectic feeling and you can easily get too into the fight.

loving Pyro's in TF2 man.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Quote is not edit

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I really do hope Sekai runs into a problem he can't just kung-fu his way out of. It's sort of weird having a team of two real robot pilots and a super robot pilot.

Wrong opinion. It's great because it's weird and kind of out of place.

Just like G Gundam itself in the greater Gundam franchise.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I don't really think something being out of place is inherently good. Part of why I liked the first season fights is that it had a lot of emphasis on the many different parts of battle, including planning, preparation and the limits and strengths of their suits. Sekai's magical kung-fu sidesteps a lot of that (so far) in a way that not even Nils' magical kung-fu did.

They're not going to play out the kung-fu super robot poo poo because it's literally the entire point of the Build Burning and Sekai's fighting style. And the RG system was basically the exact some thing as the kungfu poo poo is except one hundred times more boring.

Then again, we're only 4 episodes in and they've already done more new things with the Kung Fu than they ever did with the RG system so I wouldn't be worried about it getting stale.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Revolver Bunker posted:

I think once Build Burning gets damaged to the point where it can't move Sekai will get lectured either by his sister or the return of his master about how the Gunpla should be an extension of his body and that he won't be able to unlock the potential of Build Burning until he understands that. Then cue training montage with them on a cliff and waves crashing below.

Then we unlock the super mode where he becomes gold and has telekinetic Plaskvy punches. Let's do it, let's go full G Gundam.

The solution to fighting ranged opponents is to extend your reach. Punch farther.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Monaghan posted:

you know build fighters, it's really cruel to tease us with a mg quin mantha, we all know we're never gonna get that kit :mad:

Same but that G Savior.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

According to /m/'s analysis the Destiny Gundam is detailed enough to see that whoever built the thing had next to no idea what the gently caress s/he was doing.

That just gets me more excited to see it in action.

It has nubs and seam lines. It's basically the most disgusting thing. Of course angry overly serious Destiny fan is bad at building.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Gyanko continues to be the best character in the show. So powerful, So smug.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

It wasn't that they got chumped. It was that they got chumped in a boring and unfocused way. The fights aren't any good when they're doing 3 v 3 choreography. Maybe the Dragonar guys will lead to a better 3v3 fight.

It's almost as if the point of this entire episode was to see the results of the teams individual and special training. Ral himself calls them a team of unique individuals. Next week seems to be a battle about making all their hard work congeal together as a team.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Lady is just Alan's little sister who Yuuki's couching now. Gotta be nice to the inlaws.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Oh sweet, so they're going into full throttle with all of the rival characters.

Yeah it's kind of funny. Every time there's a complaint in this thread the next episode or so covers it.

Also, Episode 8 more Gyanko, great!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

That title looks worringly "Gyanko is gonna get owned for the real villain to look like a threat" to me.

It actually reads a lot more like a Backstory episode for her since she 'inherited her brother's shield'. Like that makes the title seem more like it's about her past and why she is Gyanko.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Ka0 posted:

Gyanko's tits are larger than Sekai's head jesus christ.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

The Ez-8 team, yes.

Of course they're going to all get punched to death

BlitzBlast posted:

Hey now, he might get kicked to death.

Thank god. I was worried they might do something incredibly boring and lame like eery other gundam show and shoot them to death, or cut them with those lame beam swords that Tomino stole from Star Wars.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The holographic booths are probably soundproofed to drown out the crowd watching, and so such tactics are possible :shrug:.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah, the booth is magic just like plavisky particles. Like a person could get their head of the booth and have a complete view of the battlefield including where the other gunpla are so restricting what they can see and hear makes sense.

Yeah, I mean why else would they communicate over the in Booth radios?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

So after hearing a lot of people talk about how this show's been so boring and bad w/r/t fights compared to the first season I went back and rewatched most of season 1.

Aaaaaand they're mostly the same? Minus the Yuuki and Fellini fights the show is most budget as all hell. Say what you will about the kid, at least Sekai's punch gimmicks can be flashy and fun (The Tornado, the exploding out of a Dom, the 'running' in space.) where as Reiji and Sei kind of just screamed "RG system!" then punched guys, Which is kind of extra weird because they game the Build Strike a really interesting subsytem and gimmick with the absorbing shield and release mechanisms, but then they basically wrote it out of the story by having them use it early so every enemy basically just didn't let them use it so we got stuck with the Build Strikes lame RG system gimmick.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I don't know, I thought it was really cool how Fumina kind of came into her own as a builder with the kind of talent that shocked people. Like Fuuma's rival was even wrapped up in how cool a unit the Winning is and how she not only scratch built a unit that suits her, but also suits her two idiot partners in more than one way.

Also the EZ-8 were the Rolentos Jr. and much like the Rolento twins were actually kind of lame. Tacticool suits are neat, but you have to actually be cool guys to make them not just Real Robo wank material (See: Yuuki for example of it done right.) Have all the cheap tricks and advantages you want, it won't help you when you're fight someone who understands the spirit of gunpla/Has a fist of burning passion.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I like real robots. I prefer them to super robots. v:shobon:v Give me Dragonars and Valkyries any day of the week.

Real robots are fine in shows that are actually Real Robot shows, but Gundam has always been about Space Psychics controlling robots with their Soul Empathy and beating bad guys with UNDERSTANDING and EVEN SO.

Trying to real robot up Gundam has always just been a joke to me, even though a lot of the less dumb OVA's are some of the best stuff. It just feels completely out of place tone wise with the franchise. It's also why G Gundam and Turn A are basically the best because they just kind of say "gently caress IT, IT'S BASICALLY MAGIC gently caress YOU ENJOY THE SHOW".

Also the best Valkyrie is powered by songs about how Music will save the universe. The pinnacle is Super Robo.:colbert:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Butt Ghost posted:

I think it's more-so nobody wants to be caught at work gazing at an image of a kid going wrist deep.

The titty slam probably doesn't help much either...

Don't read SA at work regardless. Especially if you're worried about what someone might see. It's a dumb picture but that really shouldn't be a primary reason for not liking it when there's so many other things wrong with it.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Nov 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Negative outcome:

Sekai eventually gets dramatically wrecked and his next Gundam is a 3-part combiner with Lightning 2 and Winning 2, allowing him to take over every fight while the other two become traditional useless-rear end Super Robot support pilots.

Most Positive outcome:

Sekai gets wrecked, Team builds Getter Robo, power of friendship unlocks Stoner Sunshine.

• Locked thread