Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I hope the reason they made this season about a team competition was so they had an excuse to make more crazy and obscure custom kits like the Ez8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

The only correct answer is Gigantis. :colbert:

The stealth Ideon model we didn't know we always wanted.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

AMA-01X Jamru Fin

RX-110 Gabthley

Walter Gundam

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

Given that it showed up in the simulator, I'm genuinely hoping Bandai releases a kit for the Mock. :allears:

The fact that one of those popped up was probably the highlight of the episode for me.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Spoilers SPOILERS EVERYWHERE!

e- Is Sekai's master female Domon or are those his arms/shoulder? Looks like a bow at the end of the chest area

Allenby had a ribbon on the front of her pilot suit.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Well, honestly, if you're a Gundam fangirl, Fa is literally the first heroic Gundam lady to get her own actual robot, even if it is a shitpile. (Sayla's ill-fated Gundamjacking aside.) It's easy to see how you could at least think that was cool.

Didn't Emma get the MK.II first? Also I'm pretty sure Reccoa piloted the Methuss before Fa.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

I want the pilot to be a martial artist rival to Sekai and they spend their whole fighting punching each other.

Then someone with a Turn X shows up and it is just Shining Fingers everywhere.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Caros posted:

It is going to get into a kicking war with Sekai and lose badly.

That would be the best joke/reference they could ever do with it. That or if it has its own leg beam sabers.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kanos posted:

Sei's dad piloted the Perfect Gundam at the end of the first season.

Of which we still haven't gotten a model! Bandai I want to give you money. Please hurry up and make it.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

God I hope the swim team has some of the aquatic suits from Wing. Give me a custom Cancer Build Fighters.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

John Carstairs posted:

They did:

Whether they will appear in any battles is another issue entirely. :v:

There are just so many great aquatic options I guess I wouldn't fault them too much

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The team that fought the swim team seemed to have a Zaku Tank painted with Guntank colors, except for the arms, and with a GM's head. Why?

everythingWasBees posted:

In the first fight, what was the leading mono-eye suit?

The Bertigo from X. Unless you mean the red one which I'm pretty sure is from Victory.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Nov 5, 2014

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I really liked this episode and thought it did a good job of showing how each of the team members have changed their fighting style. Also the way the teams all act make this feel even more like a sports anime. Having each team basically be based around one person is how pretty much all sports shows are.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

They're going to get punched to death.

Someone's got to teach those nerds a lesson.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Well most of the cameos were back loaded last season as tournament competitors and then they went all out in the second to last episode.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I thought I read somewhere that they just got the okay to use G-Reco around the time the show was starting so stuff from it probably won't show up till later.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Honestly Sekai's whole back story basically being one big G Gundam reference is all the Gundam love the show needs to keep me entertained.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

If Gyanko and Sekai don't fight together with the flames on Build Burning's back becoming a heart, possibly with a holographic king, then this show will have messed up big time.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I hope the Build Burning gets wrecked on the in the first model damage A fight so Sekai can use the model he wanted in the beginning. I imagine a Dom painted to look like it is wearing a karate Gi, I think that's the word, and a tied on headband that is flowing behind it.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I saw one suit where the front was a Sazabi and the back was The O. It looked insane. Like someone took the idea of whatever Ribbons Gundam was and decided that it didn't take the two suits in one thing far enough.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I wish we got to see more custom models like those. Even just small touches like those Schuzrum Galluss shields add some character to suits so every one isn't just using stock models except for the important characters.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I pity the person who has to animate the Deep Striker.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

It's not the ZZZ, it's the Tryon 3.

It combines!

I'm hoping for a crazy battle between it and Build Getter Try.

If the backpacks from the other suits don't fuse with the Build Burning I'm going to be so disappointed.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They don't. It's pretty likely Fumina's kit has a transformation gimmick into an HG, and she's said as much that the general design's built around supporting the team herself rather than just parting out as equipment for Sekai and Yuuma.

Well the Build Burning has to get another upgrade somehow. I refuse to believe that they will let the main suit not have some sort of crazy backpack.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Gearhead posted:

Considering that his sister's is called Portent, it seems like they're going for a theme of 'time' with their Gunpla. It makes me kinda wonder if we're going to find out that The End is a placeholder machine. It doesn't actually fit the theme of the other two models much, being more of a fusion of Master Gundam and Gundam Deathscythe Hell. (Though I'm really uncertain about the chest of the machine.)

I'm still not sure Saga is the guy who traumatized Yuuma. The short clip of the guy from the second episode had long black hair and if anything looks like evil Jigen Haoh guy.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Saga is credited in that episode and the voice actor is the same. Unless that is an intentional misdirection it is him.

Well they must not have decided on his character model yet or he really decided to reinvent his looks.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I want a Halloween special where Ral dresses as him.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

DigitalRaven posted:

I was really quite happy about that. With how they've been chumped so far, I'm really glad to see them get a chance to absolutely wreck poo poo.

I loved how the guy in the custom Zaku II got that brutal kill crushing the enemy with his shields.

Also I'm loving how much this show and Build Fighters are using the new 1/144 Crossbone as an excuse to give us pirate Gundams.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jan 30, 2015

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm just going to pretend from now on that the Try in the show's title is for Tryon 3.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm hoping the love for Tryon 3 begins a new renaissance in super robot anime.

If Shin Mazinger couldn't do it nothing can.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Gearhead posted:

Long have we lived in the age of fluffy cellar-dweller pandering.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

That was the most partsformiest partsformer I've ever seen.

Also I thought all the stuff with Gyanko and Shia at the beginning was really funny. Especially their speech to the triplets.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Plavsky Particles literally move the models. The suits themselves are not holograms.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

If you don't think that the Tryon 3 is physically combining during its match you are a monster. Also there is some form of realness to the weapons since Sei and Reiji were able to punch apart the giant crystal at the end of the first season.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Tryon-3's not the issue though, and besides that's a pretty basic mechanical conversion. We're talking about an actual size discrepancy in the SD-R's SD's going from three small gunpla to one colossal dragon towering over their opponent.

The dragon transformation isn't super complicated. It is just Gundam Lego pieces coming apart and being put together differently and until we actually see the dragon interact with Team Try Fighters it seems not crazy to assume that it was giant because this is a cartoon so a dramatic shot of your enemy being larger than you is totally acceptable. Or maybe they got in the spirit of Super Robots and mixed in some plastic from a Braiger model that lets them change size.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I really love that the Winning Beam is in the shape of a W and shoots out of the v-fin. One step closer to the Try Getter Gundam.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Turns out gunpla battles were really old, started out in ancient egypt or something.

The main character has a golden psychoframe around their neck that allows them to communicate with and be possessed by the spirit of Treize Khushrenada.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

If they don't show us which G Gundam character their master is I'm going to have an aneurism. Why make them constantly in shadow if they're not going to show up at some point?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kanos posted:

But I suppose your line about going all-out and having fun sums up my annoyance. Since when does beating someone in a tournament match by following the rules and outplaying their team not count as a real win?

Sakai wanted to win in a fight to show his gunpla was better than Yuuma's. Stalling would have let his team win but personally he wouldn't have beaten his rival.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Raxivace posted:

I hope Daitarn 3 and the Tryon 3 have a combination attack in a SRW game.

• Locked thread