Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
If this show kicks even half as much rear end as Build Fighters, it could likely be the best show of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
One of my favorite things about this show is how each weapon sounds accurate to the show it came from.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I really dig that the first thing she did was kick a bunch of rear end and only lose when she was completely outnumbered by top tier badasses. She outperformed the rest of the Axis Invasion team by far and maybe if she had her real teammates things would have gone differently.

I also dig how many suits got completely dismembered in this show. It looks like they got a higher animation budget and they're taking more advantage of the brutality of the toy fights.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I like how the cockpits have color-coding for the condition of your model, now. Watching Mantis' Enact go from 100% to RED ALERT in a single punch emphasizes how crippling the attack was. Also, neither the Dom nor the P-GM-C took any notable damage until Fuuma started shooting.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

ninjewtsu posted:

Also an interesting thing brought up earlier in The Discussion That Shall Not Be Repeated was that it's a big deal that the building club president knocked the poo poo out of Fumina, but actually he must be fairly good himself.

But he didn't. The damage wasn't even substantial enough to change her cockpit color.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Spoilers SPOILERS EVERYWHERE!

Mirai becomes a pilot at one point, uses the white "Bearguy F", apparently Yuuma helps in its construction

We've already seen the model kit for this. The F is for "Family," and it has a baby Bearguy backpack that is a separate remotely controllable unit.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Pureauthor posted:

Dude comes in boasting about how he coated his gunpla in metal sheeting to ensure it's the most durable machine in the whole drat tourney.

5 seconds after the battle starts he realizes that the plavsky particles can't move his gunpla since it's covered in metal.

They actually did this in a joke manga where the 00 and AGE characters sneak onto the show and try to promote their own series' models.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
The equivalent comparison is: It would be about as enjoyable as a trip to Disney World without having seen a Disney film. It's a celebration of the franchise, but as an amusement park in its own right it does very little wrong and even has original content that is cool and noteworthy.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I really feel like ImpAtom is trying to get some sort of misplaced revenge for the G-Reco thread, but it doesn't work because this show actually has strong female characters who aren't cheerleaders, vegetables, or constantly crying and losing.

I absolutely loved the Ral quotes sequence (or rather, the lack thereof). It's great that they're trying to avoid repeating a lot of what they already did last season-- including the training bits, I'm guessing, since Sekai's fighting is based off his IRL martial arts.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Oh lord, I just now noticed that Yuuma is the one who builds the Bearguy F for Mirai. That's just precious.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

BlitzBlast posted:

Decided to take a crack at figuring out the mysterious MS in the opening, and while it's obviously heavily customized

the left arm gives it away as a Nu variant. I guess it makes sense, it was Yuuki's original suit.

SOLD

I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH THE KIT WILL COST

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

AradoBalanga posted:

I've heard people saying it looks more like the Red Warrior, actually.

EVEN MORE SOLD

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

goodness posted:

So how long do you guys think till we have the technology to simulate battles virtually. ~5-10?

Well, all we need is for some random thief to lug in a gigantic magical crystal from another dimension

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh wow, I missed the Gyan Vulcan and Gyan Gya Gyan are resting up on the top shelf when I saw this the first time :allears:. What are the red and blue pair on either side of the Gyan, out of curiosity?

They're a Gazu R and a Gazu L, which are ZZ-generation Gyan-types.

edit: kept this tab open too long :(

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Looking back, Yuuma is in the post-credits stinger of episode 3 of Gundam Build Fighters, but he has brown hair.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's beautiful :stwoon:. Just a pity it doesn't come with a set of alternate heads from the first season finale.

I imagine that would be in the hypothetical regular Mock kit, colored white.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
It's the upcoming unannounced RE 1/100 Quin Mantha.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Pureauthor posted:

No idea what he's doing may be a little harsh, but they went out of their way to show that the Destiny is a completely vanilla snapbuild.

I was actually looking at this earlier and noted that it's apparently a 1/144 version of the MG Destiny, which confused the hell out of me when I was trying to figure out if it was the HG or the RG.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

chumbler posted:

Build Fighters has spoiled me, because those scenes look incredibly boring.

Can I never love again?

It's not just you. Unicorn in particular has an excess of "Prince of Space Moments" where people stand still and unload shitloads of shots into each other and they just bounce off harmlessly. The final fight against the Neo Zeong is insanely guilty of this, as the entire indoor half of the fight is just 2 idiots clearly wasting ammo because the other happens to be immune to gunfire.

Build Fighters makes getting hit look threatening. Conversely, a lot of people complained that too many people were one-shotted in season 1.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

BlitzBlast posted:

Wait, what? I recall Unicorn's action scenes being pretty brutal to everything involved. Beams were either dodged or blocked with i-fields, and the only times things tanked anything were when the weapon in question was a beam machine gun and thus not exactly one hit kills.

I recently watched the final episode, so my opinion is likely tainted by that. It's pretty extreme, though, because the Unicorn AND the Neo Zeong both have impenetrable i-Fields and neither dude seriously tries anything other than "shoot guns that haven't worked for the last 10 minutes" until Full Frontal starts shooting the colony interior at random.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
holy poo poo, the stinger. they actually acknowledge that Suga is Sleggar (or possibly "a" Sleggar???)

Cao Ni Ma posted:

e- Also someone tell me that gundam is a real thing and not a kitbash of a gundam, dancouga and gaogaigar :swoon:

It's the Gundam ZZZ.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Pureauthor posted:

"Hey guys remember last week when the Build Burning's arm got crippled?"

"Uh... no? "

it looks like model damage levels go as follows:
  1. Build Fighters 1, all battle damage translates directly to model
  2. Battle damage simulated, models pulled apart at the joints/polycaps from dismemberments but not actually broken, burned, or bruised
  3. Battle damage simulated, models completely intact after the fight

This whole tournament has been at B so far. Sekai's Musha Godmaru is loving toast, though.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I'm actually pretty sure you can't see or hear anything that happens outside of your cockpit, which explains how communications blackouts can work.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

KoB posted:

Im pretty sure it works however the plot requires it to, people outside have definitely talked with people inside.

Yeah, one of the best parts of the initial show (and of the regional finals) was how people would casually hold conversations with other people on the other side of the arena quietly muttering to themselves in the bleachers or whatever.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

BlitzBlast posted:

I still don't know what to think about those early quotes from the writers saying that they understood there were complaints about Build Knuckle in S1 and that Bloodhounds was one of the most popular episodes.

It means the executives learned to use 3 different finishing moves instead of 1 and that they shouldn't pay any attention to the hobby aspects of gunpla in favor to over-focusing on fights.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I loved most how much Yuu wasn't getting it while Kawaguchi was just "Shut up and be awesome with me for 5 loving minutes!"

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
He blew up the goddamn moon.

I was not expecting that attack.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Accurate YT Comment:
"Transient Gundam? More like Tekkaman Gundam."

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
The absolute best part was Yuuki shouting "GO!" to his motorcycle as he literally peeled off into the sunset. Amazing.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
HOLY gently caress.

LUCAS NEMESIS?! WEARING AILA'S PIN?!

THAT WAS NOT A CHARACTER I EXPECTED TO RETURN FROM BUILD FIGHTERS.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Also, I'm buying the poo poo out of the ZZZ when it comes out.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Okay, speculation stuff. Maybe spoilers? Whatever:
  • Sei's in the new opening. Domon is not.
  • Shia's machine looks to be a green Astraea variant.
  • Lucas is using what appears to be a Crossbone Full Cloth.
  • I will not be surprised if the ZZZ has a Satellite Cannon embedded inside the lion.
  • Junya Inose uses a custom machine with Plavsky parts that looks like an Inverted Build Burning. Since he also practices Jigen Haoh, this makes sense.
  • It looks like Star Winning's extra limbs add onto itself, not to the Try Burning.
  • Sei and Reiji's trophy is the one shown at the end of the OP.

I'll spoiler this out if it's too much.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think the dragon's a separate Mobile Armor, because there isn't a enough excess mass for it amongst the combined SD's and their parts. Plus it'd give them a reason for some 1v1 Mobile Armor fights.

As much as I'd love a Command Tri-Dragon Gundam, it does seem very unfeasible. Also, they get a 3-way kit not unlike the EZ-SR. If the March SD was not a misprint or delay, then I could see it being that release.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
New kits are:
Shia's unit, Gundam Portent

Portriat Flier

SxDxG Gundam

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I can't say I'm a fan of the sculpting on SxDxG's face. Looks like a round ball with a big sticker on it.

The Portent looks cool and then the core fighter just kind of happens. That tail binder's shape just looks phoned in.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
It has become increasingly obvious that the SxDxG's shield is the head of the dragon portrayed in the OP behind it.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Holy crap, the animation quality jumped up, and it's not like the show had bad animation before.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

AradoBalanga posted:

As Cao Ni Ma said earlier, the schools participating in the nationals are references to other Sunrise shows.

So were today's opponents:

They got a guy who sounds like Nobuyuki Hiyama voicing the Might lookalike, too. :shobon:

TARDISman posted:

I really found it hard to give a crap about the fights involving [Sudou] until Sekai set himself on fire.

I just wanna say that this show is awesome for making this a thing we can just casually mention.

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 21, 2015

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Interesting thought-- in all likelihood, a 6-year-old Gyanko was probably the person who beat China Kousaka in the finals of the girl's tournament that happened in season 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So with the Build Burning Try popping it's restraints to go Burning Burst, doesn't that mean each fight should end with Sekai having to climb up on that big-rear end arena afterwards to go pick up all the restraint pieces for it? :v:

Actually, I think all models are deposited in front of you if at all possible, or else picking up the destroyed remains of your kits would be a pain in the rear end.

• Locked thread