Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

edit: forgot to mention: 7PM, :20bux: on PPV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErS34Re303I&t=75s

WHAT THE gently caress

Battlegrounds MMA is hosting an eight man Welterweight tournament held over one night, tonight.

We care because it's on PPV and it has the following comentary team:

CHAEL P SONNEN

Notable for having a being involved in a property scam or something, having a big mouth, beating up Anderson Silva for five rounds before tapping out with like a second to go and then pissing hot afterwords, being an excellent MMA coach, almost beating Jon 'Herb' Jones via freakish foot injury and having a fatal weakness to triangle chokes. Was recently released from the UFC after testing positive for all the drugs. Currently competing in non NSAC sanctioned events only.

JIM "JR" ROSS

Notable for having his dad make him kill a bag full of puppies or something, I'm not sure, and for being 'the voice' of the World Wrestling Federation. Went legit and called some college football games for a year in the early nineties (I wanna say UGA?). Got fired from WWE beacuse he's Vince McMahon's bitch and he didn't stop Ric Flair talking about wrestling at a press event where Ric Flair was invited to talk about wrestling. Currently hosting his own rasslin' podcast where he gets known racists on to talk about how they're not racists and is generally very bitter.

SPECIAL RULES

The Atlhetic Commission posted:

“Other than the normal requirements for MMA regulation, additional health and safety elements have been added,” Miller told Sherdog.com. “New CT scan, new EKG, new dilated fundoscopic, SCAT3, Sickle Cell, King-Devick, and IV fluid are available.”

In addition to the newly acquired equipment, there will also be some special rules enforced.

“Elbows are not allowed until the final match of the tournament. There will also be a mandatory rest period between bouts at a minimum of 30 minutes and maximum of 45 minutes,” Miller said. “In addition, there are mandatory medical tests in between rounds and before/after each bout, as well as three additional medical personnel at cageside.

MEET THE FIGHTERS

ROAN "Jucao" CANEIRO

17-9
Last fought in UFC: September 2008
Notable losses: Jon Fitch

LUIGI "THE ITALIAN TANK" FIORAVNTI
24-11
Last fought in UFC: September 2009
Notable losses: Diego Sanches, Jon Fitch, Chris Leben.

TREY "THAT JUST HAPPENED?" HOUSTON
10-2
Last Fought in UFC: Not yet.
Notable Losses: He is 0-2 in Bellator.

BROCK LARSON
37-8
Last fought in UFC: November 2009
Notable Losses: Carlos Conduit, Jon Fitch

CODY 'AK KID' McKenzie
15-4
Last fought in UFC: Dec 2013
Notable losses: Sam Stout, Yves Edwards, Chad Mendes.

JOE "RUTHLESS" JAY
:lol: :siren: 3-1 :siren: :lol:

JESSE "JT MONEY" TAYLOR
27-10
Last fought in UFC: July 2008
Notable Losses: C.B. Dollaway, Like Rockhold

RANDALL "BUDDY" WALLACE
9-2
Last fought in UFC: N/A
Notable Losses: N/A

MMA SNACK RATING

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Great first post, super stoked for this. What time is it on tonight? PPV?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
7pm, and :20bux: on PPV

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDvQKK5B8Gk

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
In college Trey Houston got wicked drunk and jumped headfirst into the shallow end of a pool, breaking his neck. I would not lay money on him going all the way tonight

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

gently caress, I forgot about this.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I have thrown in with Cody McKenzie and I feel you should, too.

Remember, other fighters might have better striking, grappling, wrestling, cardio and more blood than he does, but he is going to win.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
I got Jesse Taylor winning this

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

I got Jesse Taylor winning this

same

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

If you're not excited for this, then I just don't know what to say to you.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Is this TV-only, no iPPV? Can't find much info about anything on their website.

thanks fd
\/\/\/\/\/

Wise Learned Man fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Oct 4, 2014

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Wise Learned Man posted:

Is this TV-only, no iPPV? Can't find much info about anything on their website.

quote:

BattleGrounds MMA ‘O.N.E.’ will be distributed at a price point of $19.95 in the United States and Canada by Integrated Sports Media for live viewing, beginning at 10 p.m. EST/7 p.m. PST on October 3 on both cable and satellite pay-per-view carriers iN DEMAND, DirecTV, DISH and Avail-TVN in the United States and Bell TV in Canada. A pre-show will begin at 9 p.m. EST/6 p.m. PST.

I've got FiOS and it's on channel 1000 and 1001, despite not coming up in search.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

fatherdog posted:

I've got FiOS and it's on channel 1000 and 1001, despite not coming up in search.

Update -

http://www.gfl.tv/event/Fight/MMA/BattleGrounds-ONE/2577

available online too, same price

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

Anyone know if the quarter/semifinals are 3 rounds straight up or 2+1 like TUF does?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
First fight starting, one guy who's post-gyno surgery and one guy who's wearing a rashguard. This is off to a fantastic start.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

fatherdog posted:

First fight starting, one guy who's post-gyno surgery and one guy who's wearing a rashguard. This is off to a fantastic start.

Shame shirt!

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Winner doing a celebratory dance, loser's only sponsor a shoutout to the UG on his shorts. This is the scrubbiest fight.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
hahahahhah, Chael and JR

"He is no longer like me, he's no longer undefeated." "Nope, you've never lost in Oklahoma."

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

The first 3 dudes on the card have had weird or gross torsos. Good sign of quality

Heel
Nov 29, 2005

Algud Bro...
This announcer's inflections are really bizarre.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

why is the bad guy from batman doing the ring announcing

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

McVea is looking to land bombs in Oklahoma

Heel
Nov 29, 2005

Algud Bro...
They couldn't borrow a stool or something?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Heel posted:

They couldn't borrow a stool or something?

Yoel's still sitting on it

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Heel posted:

This announcer's inflections are really bizarre.

He sounds like Bill Hader's Vincent Price impression

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
The non-Chael announcer is Jim Ross, whose voice is an intersection of deep oklahoma accent and partial facial paralysis.

Heel
Nov 29, 2005

Algud Bro...

fatherdog posted:

The non-Chael announcer is Jim Ross, whose voice is an intersection of deep oklahoma accent and partial facial paralysis.

Ah, my mistake. I meant the dude in the cage introducing the fighters.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Dean Stone's announcing is the worst part.

Also, I liked Chael advocating Cook to "take some time off, re-evalutate things, and probably quit"

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Last time somebody did a one-night tournament in Oklahoma Drew Fickett choked everybody, so history favors Cody here

Heel
Nov 29, 2005

Algud Bro...
Other than Mckenzie, the only other dude I know is luigi. Any other fighters have something going for them?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Heel posted:

Other than Mckenzie, the only other dude I know is luigi. Any other fighters have something going for them?

Taylor can wrestle, has a lot of experience and has racked up a number of decent-level B-league scalps. He's also dumb as a post and managed to beat Kendall Grove without stopping him, so enh.

Heel
Nov 29, 2005

Algud Bro...
Well goddamn.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Carneiro is literally a world of warcraft race of some sort

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Night of 1000 armbars!

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
Cody McKenzie terrifies me on a spiritual level

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
"I think his liver is 37"

drat, Cody always looks bad but now it's just sad.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
Would it have killed Cody do like a situp during his training camp

Heel
Nov 29, 2005

Algud Bro...
I wonder if there is any punishment for coming in over. A couple guys in the prelims and now Cody missed weight.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Heel posted:

I wonder if there is any punishment for coming in over. A couple guys in the prelims and now Cody missed weight.

Cody didn't actually miss weight. He initially came in over, and then went and donated a pint of blood and came back and made weight within the time limit.

Cody McKenzie, ladies and gentlemen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

fatherdog posted:

Cody didn't actually miss weight. He initially came in over, and then went and donated a pint of blood and came back and made weight within the time limit.

Cody McKenzie, ladies and gentlemen.

It's all the rich salmon he's been eating on that boat

• Locked thread