Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird.

"Left": so here's an idea for an app, so whenever you are out at a food court or you are restaurant and you order too much but can't take it home you can use this app to create a Leftover Beacon and anyone nearby looking for a low cost nibble can tap your beacon on a map and mosey on over to get reduced fare leftovers. No cash, phone handles all transactions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird.

"Pettng": this one is like tindr but for pet breeder's pets, where the breeder can swipe right or left on all the animals that match the defined criteria based on a picture and a blurb

bird.

"Chauffeur": this one is serving two purposes. Chauffeur helps you out in that situation where you are drinking downtown and you leave one bar but feel like getting to another would be difficult, and the bars are too close to use Uber. So you hit chauffeur and wiggle your phone like you are ringing a bell and an old person in a hotel host or hostess outfit comes and assists you to the next bar while delivering you sage wisdom like drink more and eat something. This app also serves another purpose by employing older folk who are struggling to re-enter the job market. No cash, phone handles all transactions, pay per minute and meter.

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
"cute ducks": it would show you pioctures of ducks. it would be useful for when you wanted to look at a picture of a duck/.

tao of lmao

i'd like an app where like, my friends could call me and then we could talk and make plans to hang out later and stuff

H.H

August is the Cruelest Month

BrownianMotion posted:

"Left": so here's an idea for an app, so whenever you are out at a food court or you are restaurant and you order too much but can't take it home you can use this app to create a Leftover Beacon and anyone nearby looking for a low cost nibble can tap your beacon on a map and mosey on over to get reduced fare leftovers. No cash, phone handles all transactions.

this is actually a great idea.

disgusting, but great

chaymie
fleshlight

pig slut lisa

irl is good

BrownianMotion posted:

"Pettng": this one is like tindr but for pet breeder's pets, where the breeder can swipe right or left on all the animals that match the defined criteria based on a picture and a blurb

this but instead you swipe left if you want to pet a nearby animal on the back, and you swipe right if you want to pet a nearby animal on the belly

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i want a butt app why isn't there a butt app yet?

Matoi Ryuko

posting smiling

pig slut lisa posted:

this but instead you swipe left if you want to pet a nearby animal on the back, and you swipe right if you want to pet a nearby animal on the belly

ok, just a small optimization on this. do the same thing but instead of swiping on a phone, just carry a hamster with you.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

pig slut lisa posted:

I want that app!!!

EXAKT Science

8 on the Kinsey scale

lol irl @ this

bird.

"Doucheography": an app where whenever you're at a place (sidewalk corner, restaurant, bar, park) you can give it a douchiness rating from 1 (chill) to 5 (prime douche) based on how douchey the people there are and then you can look at a map and see how douchey or chill the areas you want to go to are using red-yellow-green weathermap or even break it up by time of day. I could open up my map and see a sea of green in this one spot and conclude that area is chill and go there.

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
flrog: a series of words. will you read them all? FREE offers in app purchases

tinkerttoy

by XyloJW
how do ladybugs taste?

e: i mean probably poo poo because of their defense mechanisms but if you took the relevant galnds out and cooked them how would they taste?

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

BrownianMotion posted:

"Doucheography": an app where whenever you're at a place (sidewalk corner, restaurant, bar, park) you can give it a douchiness rating from 1 (chill) to 5 (prime douche) based on how douchey the people there are and then you can look at a map and see how douchey or chill the areas you want to go to are using red-yellow-green weathermap or even break it up by time of day. I could open up my map and see a sea of green in this one spot and conclude that area is chill and go there.

lol gyms are gonna be mighty confusing colors

Bargearse

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

BrownianMotion posted:

it works in reverse too because sometimes the douchiest, most hipsterish cafes are the ones that make the best coffee

a ritard

by XyloJW

Bargearse posted:

it works in reverse too because sometimes the douchiest, most hipsterish cafes are the ones that make the best coffee

it's true. if the beans are roasted in-house you are going to have some veeeery pretentious people running the palce (generally)

poo poo's worth it though i mean if you are a big coffee drinker

Tofuslob

LFB (looking for beer): you open the app and put yourself down for "looking for beer" for a particular time range. then the app groups you with a bunch of people who also used the app in a non-creepy age/gender mix (may need to hire non app developers for this %) and chooses a nearby bar for you all to meet at.

Also has some sort of messenging functionality so you don't have to look at people's smartphones to figure out where in the bar to meet

tradjik

a app for finding people, so that you can murder them

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Tofuslob posted:

a non-creepy age/gender mix (may need to hire non app developers for this %)

lmbo

Bloodfart McCoy

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Fart translator

"butt salad with extra butt"

bacalou

an app that I can swipe people i don't want to talk to and they will become invisible and inaudible. call it i-gnore

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i've been waiting for the butt app since i first got my old iphone 3gs the first thing i did was to go to the app store to download the butt app but it wasn't there yet i kept calling apple asking them when the butt app would get released and they alway cryptically said stuff like "soon" or "any minute now" or "you must first find you are self before you can find the butt app" and i'm getting really tired of waiting

cruft

this is why men shouldn't be allowed to use computers unsupervised.

bird.

"RstRm": so there should be an app for when you are downtown, or wherever really, and you are looking for a good restroom (which is always hard to find) that is basically like yelp but for restrooms. gives you a rating, some specs on the number of bathroom fixtures, and then just some general perks particular to each latrine i.e "good for heroin" or "baby changing station" or "ez to toe-tap here" or "plays good overhead music"

cruft

BrownianMotion posted:

"RstRm": so there should be an app for when you are downtown, or wherever really, and you are looking for a good restroom (which is always hard to find) that is basically like yelp but for restrooms. gives you a rating, some specs on the number of bathroom fixtures, and then just some general perks particular to each latrine i.e "good for heroin" or "baby changing station" or "ez to toe-tap here" or "plays good overhead music"

these really are good ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The X-man cometh

BrownianMotion posted:

There used to be a website that did this, I don't remember what it was called.

• Locked thread