Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Oh no, now the North is going to send another angrily worded fax :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Is there an actual picture of the poster this twit tried to steal? I must have missed it in all the ballyhoo.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
drat, that's some old school cold blooded poo poo.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Stairmaster posted:

Why is the mod threadshitting?

Nah, he's just an idiot king with a thing for literalism.

Mr. Nice! posted:

All of those fake towers facing major roads sure is a sign of a healthy and vibrant city and not just some big facade.

loving literal Potemkin villages.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 14:14 on May 1, 2017

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Because North Korea is pathetic in a way Ahmadinejad never was.

Yes, they're brutal monsters who torture and kill with impunity, but we're in the third generation now and spoiled rich kids have always been tragic idiots.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

OhFunny posted:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-idUSKCN1G72UY

This is the plan and I think it's very risky. The stopping and possible boarding and seizure of ships, even those violating sanctions, by the US or it's allies sounds like an international incident waiting to happen.

If they're doing this in international waters, isn't that piracy?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
The incidence of rapes would go down, I'm guessing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

A new B.R. Myers post here: http://sthelepress.com/index.php/2018/03/23/portrait-of-the-ally-as-an-intermediary-b-r-myers/

quote:

the chummier Moon and Kim get, the less Trump is likely to worry that the North might respond to a strike by bombarding Seoul.

No, I guarantee you that Trump et al already don't care in the slightest about a Northern bombardment of Seoul.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
He got a Nobel for being Not Bush.

Sinteres posted:

After they exchanged a few words at the beginning of the walk, I was wondering if Un realized he was going to get out of breath if they kept talking. A ~35 year old keeping pace with a senior citizen really isn't very impressive, but yeah he's pretty clearly not a small guy. I saw an analyst wondering if he was nervous because he seemed to be breathing heavily, but I think there's a simpler explanation.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I don't see why it's so controversial, I mean it's pretty blatant at this point that Bolton wants Kim to be brutally beaten and anally raped to death in a ditch by a bunch of men using the bayonets attached to their AK47s.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
This is one thing Trump actually knows how to do*.

Building lovely hotels and having people connected to corrupt oligarchs pay huge amounts of cash for an apartment is how he rolls.

If Kim offers him a guaranteed 50% of his hotel filled at all time, paid for with with untraceable cash, Trump will get down on his knees and lick his loving platform shoes.

* I mean, not well, obviously. The investigation into him is proof of that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
So, if SK just says, "gently caress what the US wants, we're doing this whole peace thing ourselves because we're the ones who have to live with this poo poo and Trump's whole cabinet is one missed medication away from being found in the corner, playing with their own poo poo" and they go and actually broker a peace deal, what exactly can the US do beyond Trump's usual routine of vacillating impotently?

I mean, the SK government could save a massive amount of money by no longer having US bases on their soil and it would be one hell of a political coup. But the good kind, for once.

Their only question is whether the bases are worth keeping to fend off any potential future Chinese expeditionism.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Peace doesn't let the US wave its Toad-shaped dick about.

Doing stuff like this is a far better way to achieve lasting peace than whatever latest nasty crap Bolton has scooped out of Trump's adult diaper this week.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

God, Trumps is just so pathetically desperate to outshine Obama.

Pity he's such a loving failure.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Warbadger posted:

Also stuff like the whole "this club is drugging random women at the bar and dragging them into back rooms to be raped by VIPs" is pretty loving bad even by entertainment industry standards.

They've just arrested a senior police chief who was helping cover it up, too.

Seungri was on Running Man about a month ago, even they were asking him why he seemed so reserved. Guess we know now - he's a serial rapist and drug dealer and his world was crumbling around him.

:byewhore:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Some Guy TT posted:

Apparently the current drills (as in the ones that started a couple of days ago) are working from a hypothetical situation involving counter-insurgency operations after North Korea has already been conquered.

:ughh:

Okay, let's pretend we just conquered the North. Hey, they're getting upset over this! Who could have possibly foreseen such a thing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Aren't there massive gas and mineral reserves under the seas around the islands?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Koramei posted:

That image has been getting posted as though it’s real for years now so that’s not really on you.

Just because it's fake, doesn't mean it's not real.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It's not exactly politics, but yet another Kpop idol has committed suicide.

Goo Hara.

She had already tried to take her life earlier this year.

Toxic loving industry.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Willo567 posted:

I still don't understand why everyone here is panicking about Trump feeling betrayed by Kim when it's clear by now he won't do poo poo with regards to countries like Iran or Venezuela.

Well, this post aged like fine wine in the space of 24 hours.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
So, the stimulus cheque was an actual physical cheque being sent out in the mail?

Couldn't the government just have done a direct deposit in peoples' bank accounts?

When I do my taxes, I have to tell my government about all my accounts. My tax refund goes straight into the one I specify.

Or am I expecting way too much from the US government?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
"The poor man is dead, can't we just stop investigating all of this?" before it points to many more powerful people "It's disrespecting his memory" of sexually abusing his staff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I just assumed he was Scrooge McDuck diving into his country's ample supply of meth.