Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Sober posted:

I liked seasons 1 and 2 of Torchwood. Season 3 shat the bed in the end because RTD. Season 4 is umm giant cavernous vagina so it's pretty obvious where I'm going with this.

Wow you liked the lovely seasons and did not like the good one with 12th Doctor killing his family and Jack killing his son Season 1 also had Cyberwoman.

Can it be Tuesday yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

It's probably the Atom.

Could be suicide squad or Huntress!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

A 26 year old Superman works fine, because he ages slower.

People don't want to see 26 year old Superman and 50 year old Lois though.

If willing to go for 46 Lucy Lawless!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Spergatory posted:

Haha, no. I was not frustrated or disappointed when they killed off Tommy. Nor when they killed off Moira, who at least went out like a loving champion. I mean, Sara didn't even get a good death. Moira and Tommy both got to do something awesome that showed their characters at their pinnacle before they died. Sara comes back after getting, if not a happy ending, then at least a resolution to her storyline, to take out a nameless goon, have a pep talk with Ollie and Laurel, and get chumped from behind? Bull. poo poo.

You should watch Sarah Connors Terminator and see what they do with one of the main characters in that.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

This is actually a good point. This could be the catalyst for Nyssa and eventually Ra's to come to Starling City and set off the events that we suspect are coming down the line.

That would make a lot of sense. If it was Thea then it could be :argh: trying to get Ra and Team Arrow to kill each other off, or at least weaken them.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

She'll probably show up from time to time, but Ollie thought she died on the island until she showed up in the city last season, remember? So she'll need to show up in other flashbacks (Amell has said that they're branching out and some episodes will have flashbacks follow the other characters, like Felicity)

Maybe she will showing her training by the LOA.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

VagueRant posted:

I just realised how much better this episode would have worked narratively had Laurel died instead. That's not just me climbing aboard the Laurel Lance hate train, I mean the episode is already set up that way.

It shows Laurel is getting her life together, she's at her best. Her and Ollie's relationship is the healthiest it's ever been, her and her dad are having a good relationship (except for her fearing for his life - which would then be tragically ironic), her and her sister share a hug and then she's confidently strutting along to do lawyer business...Boom. It would have been way more shocking.

Instead we got "oh hey Sarah is back for some reason and now she is dead."

I think its important that we see how this infulences the rest of the season. If the LOA plot is due to this then it would not make sense for Laurel

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

Laurel's finally doing stuff and it's pretty good, but she's turning into Season 1 Oliver, which is bad for business.

I am sure that once Ollie gets his hands on her she will be more like him and not like Huntress.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Nah, I bet Laurel's gonna hit the gym and take up boxing as an outlet for her anger and frustration, and vehemently deny to her dad and Team Arrow that she's beating up purse snatchers in a bolero jacket and home-made domino mask.

If she does that I am sure it will be wild! I wonder if she will gain the reflexes of a cat?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

evenworse username posted:

Given that Thea's problem was that in her life, everybody lies, that Corto Maltese scene would have been much better if instead of working out with kendo sticks she had just been sitting there with Hugh Laurie.

"Vigilantes are boring."

It would be even better if Stephen Fry was also there.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Lord Bude posted:

Maybe it's a training exercise.

Due to the exposure of the chemicals Barry has pon farr and he challenges Ollie to a fight over Felicity.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Sober posted:

Would I even be surprised if Ollie in the flashbacks becomes an ARGUS agent for a while?

I thought that was confirmed in season 2, when the Wall showed Dingle and Felicity their dossier on him?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DapperDinosaur posted:

I kind of found it funny how Laurel keep saying she wanted to help people like Sarah did. I guess no one is ever going to acknowledge that Sarah was, you know, an assassin. She probably didn't do a lot of helping people when she wasn't with Oliver.

The last thing Laurel saw of her sister was saving people. They ignored what she was, instead on what they remember of her before the island and while working with Ollie.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Neon Knight posted:

Did they ever describe how Slade was super rich? Maybe Ollie is enjoying the spoils of war for defeating psycho mirakuru mercenary lord Big Boss Wilson.

He was a mercenary.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

thrakkorzog posted:

Well, Queen Consolidated started off as a multibillion dollar corporation, and the Queens owned a significant amount of stock in it. Even if the stock tanked after the events of S1, the buyout would have raised the value of Queen Consolidated shares. Seriously, writers have no idea of how corporate finance works.

Didn't they say that Slade have Isabel completely gently caress over the company when she was running it, and Ollie was not pay attention to it?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Ollies new hybrid bow btw, only $1400. I need a new feral pig killing machine.

http://cponeidaeagle.com/cp_oneida_eagle_bows_012.htm

Have you been slapping water to prepare?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

VagueRant posted:

I went back and watched some clips of season 2 (Moira's death scene and her funeral/Sebastien's induction as mayor):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGp8Xg5GsZc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22Aufj61Q94
Goddamn, that was some fantastic television. :allears:

But it still breaks my heart how they hosed up Slade's arc. I know a lot of you guys defend this, but even in his darkest, most evil moment - they go out of their way to point to his Mirakuru induced hallucinations. But where they set up Roy getting redemption and forgiveness for his near-identical Mirakuru evilness, Slade just got coincidental and completely nonsensical motivations. :smith:

You mean after he was cured and he still said he was going to kill them all and the fact he killed a shitload of people? Also Slade was responsible for the worst of Roys actions when he took his blood and pumped his body full of more of it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Narcissus1916 posted:

Roy desperately needs his own plot. At this point he's practically another action figure to use in fight scenes and a bit player in Thea's story.

I admire the show's ability to bumrush through plot points, but I'd love to see how Oliver trained Roy after the mirakuru wore off and they saved the city from Slade. I'd also like to see Roy dealing with the fact he killed a dude, but I'm not sure if the show remembers that.

I like how we have already written him off after three episodes. He had a pretty big plot last season.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Azhais posted:

My vague recollection was that Ollie gave her voting rights on his stock and Isabel used those votes to issue a billion more shares of stock so the Queens' share of the company was now tiny and worthless. It was really dumb.

I thought she also mentioned loving over the company without him realizing it before she became sole CEO.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

That DICK! posted:

I know there weren't many if any in this latest episode, but he Olly Flashbacks this season have been really week so far. The first two seasons they were my favorite part, although that might be entirely due to Good Guy Slade.

What are things we know happen while on the island that we have not seen yet? Him meeting up with the mafia guy again and joining up with them for a bit, and him getting restranded on the island?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

greatn posted:

Maybe that's some other dude's baby, and he's been cucked, to borrow a GBS meme.

I have a feeling its more The Wall's influence. I also have a feeling that the seasons going to end with a Thea v Laurel battle is going to end the season.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Whizbang posted:

We just had Manhunter last episode.

The other manhunter got her neck snapped.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Basebf555 posted:

I hope once they establish that Merlyn really didn't kill Sara and move on to Ras that doesn't mean Barrowman is done for the season. I was hoping he'd be a major player this season.

He is a credited cast member and he is in for the long hall.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Barry got the job he did so he could clear his dad, not because he cares about the law.

I am sure that was a motivator, but he also grew up in a cops house.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Spergatory posted:

I got the impression that it wasn't Malcolm's SUPER SERIOUS WORD OF HONOR that swayed Oliver, but his logical explanation of why it would have been loving stupid for him to kill Sara. Malcolm Merlyn is many things, but he ain't dumb.

And I'm pretty sure that Oliver does not intend to just leave him running around in the long run. He's figuring out what Malcolm knows and trying to find a better way to deal with him, possibly involving ARGUS.

If I remember correctly when he met with the Wall last season her response was that someone must have overcome her on the list of people that Ollie wants to kill. Since Slade is in custody, I am pretty sure she is back to 1. I wonder if he is ever going to discover her role in the events of season 1.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

...Didn't he just do that this episode?

Must have missed that

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Drifter posted:

HUNTRESS 2.0

I thought that was Sara and Roy?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Phenotype posted:

Yeah, this was it. It'd have been a lot more obvious if I knew it was actually Dinah Lance watching her sister as the Canary. And I thought Sara was a really convincing Canary, too. She spent years fighting for her life and joining the League of Assassins, and the actor was in incredible shape, and muscular to the point that I could believe she would be kicking these goons' asses in real life, too. I'm not sure how skinny waif Laurel, who's been in school or an office job all her life, would think she'd be able to survive in a lifestyle that Sara failed at.

The power of Wildcat.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

Nothing teaches better than 1) dead family members and 2) experience. Just keep tossing Laurel into fights she can't win through the rest of the season, that'll work out.

You know at some point she will be trained by Ollie, Diggle and Ted.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Considering that Rex Mason will never be A list material I would gladly take him as an Arrow/Flash cast member. I'm kind of pissed they offed Mark Shaw so quickly.

Did they? No body.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Phylodox posted:

I want to amend my previous statement to include Tom Baker as an actor who wouldn't disappoint me as Ra's al Ghul.

I do not think the show could survive the scenery chewing with Tom Baker and Barrowman

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Phylodox posted:

Yeah, but him, Barrowman, Marsters, and (obviously) Mr. T Baker all connect back to Who.

Oh, and hey, Ben Browder was on Arrow at one point, wasn't he?

EDIT: Oh, poo poo, good ol' Wally Steel, too!

He was on Torchwood. We do not talk about Torchwood.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

On board the Avery Brooks as Ra's crazy train.

As long as he is playing the Avery Brooks from The Captains and out crazing Shatner.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Lord Bude posted:

I knew I'd forgotten someone. What DC role can we give shatner? Although I think he'd fit in better over on Got Ham.

Chunk

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

He's almost certainly locked into the Gotham series.

Like the Dollmaker?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gilok posted:

When Roy got Mirakurururu'd by Brother Blood, Roy said, "If you stick that in me, I'll kill you." Blood replied, "No, Brother Roy. You'll kill for me." Maybe it has some kind of mind control properties that Blood knew about? Because injecting Roy makes no sense otherwise.

Yeah all the people injected become immediately loyal to blood and through him Slade. It is possible he has a trigger.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Carlosologist posted:

So Brandon Routh is getting a suit too... I know they hinted at Palmer being involved with Team Arrow somehow but I had always assumed he wasn't going to get into superhero garb.

https://twitter.com/BrandonJRouth/status/529765308605546497

He becomes an OMAC

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

VagueRant posted:

"Batman with bows" was pretty much how this show was sold to me and it does constantly crib plotlines from the Nolan movies, so...

In other news, people reminded me that Sarah's killer said "Hello, Sarah" in a modulated voice and people say you could hear a bow being drawn - so it looks like the Roy thing, despite him having a vision of her last words, is probably a cheap and lovely mislead. :smith:

It could be a physic attack or some sort of dream poo poo. The league does love its fear poo poo.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

mcswizzle posted:

Odds are as a whitey if you can hide/be discreet in Hong Kong you can pull it off well where you blend in. My guess is this is all training for a job Ollie ultimately refuses and as a result is sent back to Lian Yu

I also see it as payback. Waller wants China White dead, if Ollie does it then great and if he dies then who cares as he is dead already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Nah, they introduced Ollie's Russian crime connections well before they explained them.

Yep they had him get help from the Russians in the first season, and found out how that relationship started in season 2.

• Locked thread