Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I am so stoked to see some loving mooks get arrowed by somebody with abs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Sieje posted:

He has failed this (Feli)city.

A theme for Season 3 I suspect!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

While the character is a little better in Arrow I doubt the character would get another shot at carrying a show.

So whats the over/under on Slade getting a Suicide Squad offer before or after breaking out the first time?

gently caress that give Manu Bennett a Suicide Squad spin off

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Oh gently caress you Arrow

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Some Numbers posted:

I enjoyed Brandon Routh's Ray Palmer a lot. I hope he and Felicity keep the tech fight going on for a while.

Roy and Oliver work well together and Roy got seriously acrobatic over the summer.

GODDAMMIT WHY DID THEY KILL SARA?!

There's no way that Barrowman killed Sara. She and the archer clearly knew each other and as a far as we know, Sara and Merlyn have never met.

Sarah is Laurel's sister who was friends with Tommy. It's not unlikely.

I'm pretty mad they killed Sarah that way. Shot and tossed in a dumpster. lovely way to kill off her charachter

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Ugh, I went and swam for an hour and I'm still mad. Arrow, you have failed this C(a)ity :argh:

Also, Barry talking to Ollie on the rooftop gets way more tragic. When Ollie says "I've made mistakes" Felicity and him just split and Sara is getting pincushioned. :smith:

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 9, 2014

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

The Lord Bude posted:

It sounded a lot like slade. Wasn't the guy who was cast as Ras Australian?

It's Joe :tinfoil:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Stayne Falls posted:

Just because it's a shocking sucker punch death doesn't mean it was poorly written. I think the only reason y'all are saying that is because there was 0 resolution afterward. We should probably reserve judgment till the next episode at least.

Getting shot three times while looking quizzical then falling into a dumpster sure was a good way to die!

Actually, no, it was a cheap moment to give everyone else character development.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

DFu4ever posted:

Honestly, I'm so tired of this term. It's watered down to the point of uselessness. Every time a female character dies in a show with a male main character, they've now been fridged. Why doesn't this apply to male characters that die solely to motivate or move the main male character's story forward?

Some characters exist to die. That term is overused and misused way too much, and it honestly should be unisex.

Making characters exist to die to give others growth is a poo poo thing and Shado and Sara deserved better. Moira's death by contrast was awesome because not only did they make an entire episode around reminding us of a key part of her character (do anything to protect her family) that her getting stabbed by Slade was a great moment if a horrifying one. If Sara had been killed in the last episode of last season as some sort of statement either on her doubting her ability to be heroic or part of her giving into her darker parts that would have been fine.

Taking three to the chest and limply falling over pales compared to Moira or Tommy.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 10, 2014

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
^^^Taking out Sarah by shooting her while she stood there gawking really doesn't say anything for the villain. Good job being better at archery than Season 1 Flashback Ollie I guess?

Aphrodite posted:

Cool. They didn't do that.

Yeah, that was more a response to the idea that some characters exist to die. I think that's dumb writing and bad narrative. Sarah wasn't one of those, which actually makes me madder because I don't agree with how they handled it, as far as this episode goes.

JohnSherman posted:

Okay, I'm not happy that Sara died, but you're completely ignoring that Tommy's death was pretty much the epitome of "dying for character growth." gently caress, Ollie even says so in the opening narration.

Tommy died saving Laurel, and they had significant screen time to him doing it. I wish he was around because he was a cool character and they could have done cool things with him but his death was handled a lot better.

PS: I'd be mad if they did this in as dumb a way to Laurel too. After her Drunken Rebirth she isn't nearly as annoying.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 10, 2014

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Oroborus posted:

LOL she called dig chocolate puddin!

Dig confirmed as new Joker.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BouncingBuckyBalls posted:

A lot of blogs/articles are in agreement saying that the writers of Arrow do not want to have The Atom shrinking which is disappointing if true. It seems that if he does use his powers it will almost certainly be on Flash but having him be a part of Team Arrow would be nice.

The only thing shrinking for Ray is his net worth :v:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Gaz-L posted:

If you can think of a more practical form of footwear for the job, I'd like to hear it!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Goddamn that stinger :suspense:

I wished they did more Thea training montage, maybe her and Barrowman murdering the poo poo out of some third world dictator for fun. Thea being a badass is something I'd never thought I'd see after Season 1 and I love it.

Oliver is like the badass catalyst, everyone he meets eventually becomes some hardened warrior. Maybe... maybe Oliver is made of Mirakuru :tinfoil:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

XboxPants posted:

I love Laurel and her current arc but goddamn if that wasn't the funniest scene in the episode. Watch out Felicity, Laurel's coming after your comic relief job.

fake edit: Actually maybe Felicity and Laurel could make a great comic duo, their "google his phone or something" chat was beautiful. I guess that's a good thing if Canary and Oracle have good chemistry...

I like the subtle "Wait are we friends?". If Felicity had just jumped Oliver once her and Laurel could have been Eskimo Sisters and got favors from each other no problem.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Drifter posted:

Emily gonna be kinda green later tonight. :heysexy:

She's just following the grand tradition of astronauts banging green space babes.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
That three way fight scene ugh this show is so good.

Barrowman :argh:

I laughed when they showed China White. I mean, blow up a jumbo jet for some Triad goon? It would have made more sense if Ra's was on that plane. I would believe Waller would kill all those people, hire a merc force, and potentially destabilize a region for a shot at the Demon's Head

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

thrawn527 posted:

Seriously though, is someone feeding Slade? That question about the prison in The Flash got me thinking.

Somebody in the Flash thread said they imagined ARGUS would lower a live deer into his cell every few days and that's how I imagine it now too.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

I'd want Ra's to stick around instead of dying after a season.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

jscolon2.0 posted:

On board the Avery Brooks as Ra's crazy train.

I'd paid good money to see Captain Sisko reprise his Bond Villain parody role he played in DS9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjvYiSDJujA

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Oct 31, 2014

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Have any of you considered that Felicity is actually Death taking a vacation :tinfoil:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

jscolon2.0 posted:

Superman should just vibrate his face, like they did on Flash.

Ladies :pervert:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Hey remember when we were complaining Roy didn't have much to do this season :magical:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BrianWilly posted:

And is it just me or are they kinda skimping on the fight choreography this season? "WATCH in THRILLING SUSPENSE as Arrow and Arsenal RIDE THEIR BIKES down to THE BANK and shoot TWO WHOLE ARROWS!" "BEHOLD THE fearsome motion sensing gun THAT MISSED every SHOT!"

That motion gun thing was classic comic book death trap and it was awesome.

Mooseontheloose posted:

Det. Lance basically understands police procedures better than anyone.

Fake cop on CW show is better at crowd pacification than real life Missouri cops.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Nov 6, 2014

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

OB_Juan posted:

Stupid babies.

Stupid babies need the most attention

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Slade had time to make Roy a sleeper agent. Well, plenty of time in comic book world. He made a PROMISE :black101:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Drifter posted:

That too. If any of my bosses had ever shown up to my home to talk about work I'd have been literally loving pissed...unless I had a huge paycheck to cover for those awkward moments. Then I'd be fine with it.

Felicity seems to be getting Paid. She got Oliver's old office and an assistant to start with.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
"I'm Cupid :swoon: :unsmigghh: "

Strikes the perfect blend of saccharine and psychotic.

This show, guys.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Gaz-L posted:

Waller. China White. Nyssa.

Waller yet to be disproven

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

ShakeZula posted:

Somebody's forgotten the trip to Russia.

Ollie became Eskimo brothers with his Dad AND Dig on that trip.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I don't know about supernatural but Ollie has had several hallucinations of dead people talking to him and giving him advice.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
People are really underselling the super villain death trap in that episode. Robotic laser guided machine gun turrets? It's absurd and impractical and wonderful. The only way that scene could have been better is if Ollie shot Sheldon Cooper in the face with a boxing glove arrow.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

VDay posted:

Oh I wasn't complaining about the turrets, I thought they were appropriately goofy. It just instantly reminded me of that kind of stuff because it's one of the things I always notice. Like when a giant death robot from the future that can shoot lasers out of its butt is then awful at actually hitting anything despite the fact that being able to target things would kind of be trivial

Arrogant hacker doesn't bother to code decent aiming software for his turrets. Who is gonna try to dodge a machine gun :smug:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Welp, that's pretty boss. Everyone is getting amazing super hero costumes :swoon:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
She's made some dumb decisions but at least she is doing something constructive even if her "I have an anger inside me" is just as grown worthy as Sarah's "darkness inside" speeches. Makes her a lot more interesting To justify her screen time

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

zoux posted:

Isn't BC like a top ten fighter in the DC universe? I'm just asking because that reminds me of it, not that I think the show should cleave closely to those rules or whatever.

BC and Ollies fighting abilities are weirdly switched where in the comics Green Arrow is a competent unarmed fighter but ain't gonna be taking on Batman or Deathstroke in a fistfight and come out ok without his bow.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Gaz-L posted:

The weird straps/garter thing is a nice compromise to the classic fishnet stockings look, without having to actually go there. The comics' Canary HAS had other outfits, but they all suck. Including the current one. (Well, the weird wetsuit with a sergeant's chevrons on the shoulder thing she wore during the early run of Birds of Prey was... OK.)

I like the look, pants wearing Canary is way less rediculous. loving fishnets are you joking.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Show's over guys. We've reached peak Arrow.

I'm a little sad Roy wasn't a Slade Wilson sleeper agent :(

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Hollismason posted:

Ollie's always been self righteous but it always get's put right back in his face, he's basically Super Liberal Batman.

Uh, that's sorta what Green Arrow is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Burning_Monk posted:

Gotham is getting better now too. It's starting to find it's legs, and while there are a few duds (looking at you Barbara) the last few episodes have been pretty compelling.

Wait how is Barbara Gordon in it? She'd be like in the womb?

• Locked thread