Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

He seemed like he wasn't expecting all those weapon plans (that were labeled OMAC)

His reaction and quick flicking through conveyed it pretty well. He was definitely surprised to see those plans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

OmniBeer posted:

The red in the middle of all the green is a really cool effect- like, when she first walked in.

Also definitely not getting the point of this DJ subplot, but, hey. We'll see I suppose.

Already mentioned once, could not be a better lead in to Pied Piper, especially given that he's a Flash villain and the shows are basically joined at the hip.

R-Type posted:

So this version of Atom is basically Iron Man in the DC universe?

He's the Atom, and 10 seconds on wikipedia will tell you that he's not going to become some mechanized fighter trading blows with Slade. His power has always been his suit and the ability to shrink to the size of an atom. The "dwarf star" mining reference was a blatant hint.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 20, 2014

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
So, is there any news on how ATOM is going to work? Will he be a recurring hero character or will he stay on as Ray Palmer and rarely be seen in the suit?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
If they had to write off their own Suicide Squad characters because the movie is coming out, then The Flash series is going to be hosed hard once the movie starts development. It's such a dick move that they declared the actor playing a comic book hero years in advance before the movie is even in pre-planning that it shows that really don't give a gently caress about the CW shows and will just do whatever they want in their desperate attempt to match the MCU.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

TyrantWD posted:

The fight in the Nanda Parbat gunrange, and the whole scene with Ray taking out the plane looked so cheap you could have mistaken it for scenes from a 90s episode of Power Rangers.

The CW is really stretching its budget with their sfx, and I can believe that they're skimping near the end for a huge finish. The Flash has been amazing with their effects and the recent Grodd appearance was spectacular and shockingly well done for the most part. I've seen big budget network shows that don't do it as well as the CW. Just look at Agents of Shield and some of the embarrassingly bad effects they've had. Networks without a lot know how to stretch a dollar but the big ones just dump the money on the show and the producers get the cheapest option they can.

With the rise of the CW DC shows and their insane success in the key demos, 10 years from now I think TV execs and media heads will point to this era as proof of how David could still beat Goliath.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Crowsbeak posted:

This just makes me fear what will happen to flash once the movie starts ramping up. Someone at DC needs to be fired for this policy. Fallowed by being blackballed.

Doesn't it boil down to studio execs worried that people will confuse the TV characters with the movie characters or something? They really don't think much of their viewers.

Crowsbeak posted:

This just makes me fear what will happen to flash once the movie starts ramping up. Someone at DC needs to be fired for this policy. Fallowed by being blackballed.

This is probably why iconic villain Reverse-Flash was dealt with as he was. The writers know that once the movie starts getting going they're going to get a massive list of characters they can't touch or that they need to kill off.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Jesus yes. We were watching this live in the Raw GDT, and he went over the barricade and into the ring like a high flyer. Plus, his spear and interview afterwards was pretty amazing.

They'll reduce the time he spends in the ring and tightly script everything, so it should be fun. :)

The wrestling thread seems pretty meh about it, but mostly hoping its a better celeb match then some of the previous ones. Amell is extremely fit and has a ton of experience doing his own stunts and fight scenes so he knows how to make a fight look amazing. All he needs is a couple of weeks of wrestling training for a great show. He's not going to be pulling off any crazy flips but he'll definitely be able to handle medium level moves you'd expect from a rookie wrestler.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Completely different Flash is canon.

The movie actor even said "gently caress yes! Let's do Two Worlds Flash, me and Grant Gustin can travel to each others universes and team up to fight evil!" so he's definitely on board.

A great deal of the DCU hard and fast rules were set in stone before the Flash exploded into the huge hit it was with the 18-49 crowd, occasionally beating the big 4 networks. Now looking at the money that can be made suddenly a lot of decision makers are wondering what else they can do and contradicting themselves. The problem is there won't be any new set rules until Supergirl airs and BvS is out because right now those are the biggest unknowns. Unlikely that BvS will stumbled at the box office but who knows.

Amell is right about the movie, he'd have to leave the show for an entire season to film it, and then the show isn't Arrow anymore. He's been pretty clear how amazing the experience of the show is and I really doubt he'd leave it for a starring movie role. His part as Casey Jones isn't that big in the new TMNT movie is it?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Lol "Stone Cold" Steve Austin is complaining that Amell is embarrassing the prestigious field of wrestling

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/arrow-star-stephen-amell-wwe-summerslam-stone-cold-steve-austin-unhappy-actors-wrestling-stint-1518589

quote:

"…I just got a hard time seeing that kid come off with that crossbody on the top rope on two WWE guys down there. So, was it embarrassing? You're drat right it was, but for the wrong reasons, and the reasons were bad booking. It was shoot embarrassing to those guys to have to go out there and do that with the actor guy involved, but that's on a shoot level, so it was an embarrassment because of the booking, and I felt bad for those guys because they were in that role," he added.

Pretty sure everyone involved was fine with it. Neville got a major PPV match, Stardust got to bank on his insane persona, and Barret got to enjoy the ride. There was a crazy amount of free media attention for the spot and Amell clearly took a beating for the stunt. The whole joke was a Hollywood actor coming in to fight, and then not being a total pushover and taking hits.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Crunk Abortion posted:

Bull loving poo poo. If you can't understand the difference between sending notes to the writing room and eradicating a revenue stream, I don't know what the gently caress to tell you. DC will poo poo on creative all day long but they aren't about to throw money out the window.

You can't underestimate how far/stupid the DC execs will go. They banned Booster Gold from the TV shows. Who the gently caress would ever think that he'd be a movie hero accessory at best? The joke is The Flash is burning through all the iconic villains because once the movie script is written the show will get loving hammered with Flash lore they can no longer touch.

Arrow and Flash are huge hits on the CW. Which means nothing to people who calculate $ in terms of blockbuster movies and "big 4" network hits. Just look at the rapid change in tone to the Supergirl pilot. At first it was "The CW shows have nothing to do with this" then after The Flash blew up the ratings suddenly the CBS president dropped the idea of "Well maybe its possible, who knows? Don't rule it out"

Essentially, the DC franchise has no loving clue what it is doing, and its entirely possible they will cancel a wildly successful show because they have plans for movie 4 years in the future.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mooseontheloose posted:

I fundamentally disagee with this and think TV is actually a better space for certain comic properties. You can develop your characters a lot better and rehab 2nd tier or re-imagine other properties.

Most of the run-up to the Flash series was "how will they handle the special effects for his speeding" and shockingly it looks great. Even Firestorm looked amazing on the CW budget but was probably only viable in short bursts.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mooseontheloose posted:

Not being a DC comics guy I get the sense that Firestorm maybe weird to incorporate to not WIN EVERY FIGHT USE FIRESTORM.

Yeah that's every comic book move/tv show ever. Like why does the Flash even bother to stop moving during a fight? He could just drop them into a prison cell in a split second? Because then it would be boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

Is Nicholas Brendon at that convention?

What's up with that dude? I google his name to try and figure out the joke and he's apparently raging at Dr. Phil.

• Locked thread