Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
More than a day passed in this episode right? Did Nyssa only bring two outfits with her? The blue top and her assassin gear? That kind of stuck out to me. And there was a lot of them showing off just how fine Katrina Law is and I can't say I blame them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

I'm not talking poo poo I think it's fine to reuse sets. Someone was just asking in the thread earlier.

Reusing sets saves a poo poo ton of cash. Hell it looks like Agents of Shield and Agent Carter are going to use the same main set, just redressed for different time periods.

thrawn527 posted:

Seriously though, is someone feeding Slade? That question about the prison in The Flash got me thinking.

There was an ARGUS sign on the door, they're probably keeping him fed.

And if you all haven't follow Katie Cassidy on Facebook. She's constantly posting from the gym, she's serious about getting the right look to be Black Canary.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

The power of Wildcat.

I completely forgot Ted showed up. My JSA fantasy is gonna happen!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How the gently caress is sitting in a bath tub a direct reference to a Lazarus Pit?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

dreffen posted:

Both are filled with some type of liquid.

Obviously a reference to the FF villain Hydro Man.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay, this is getting difficult, can we just merge the Arrow and Flash threads?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

Can we merge both with the Gotham thread? The tonal whiplash would be amazing.

I withdraw my request because we can't risk that.

Maybe we should petition for random thread mergers though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Considering that Rex Mason will never be A list material I would gladly take him as an Arrow/Flash cast member. I'm kind of pissed they offed Mark Shaw so quickly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Did they? No body.

He wasn't the best actor so I got the feeling he won't be back.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dead Snoopy posted:

This guy...this guy GETS it!

No particular role in mind but I kind of wish this show would pick up James Marsters.

Me too. He looks like total hell these days and could probably use the work.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

All roads somehow lead back to Doctor Who.

Psh, he was on genre shows before DW.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, Browder popped up and he just looked awful. Poor guy is not aging well since his knee injury.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I had a huge crush on Charlote from her first episode of NYPD Blue so I' all about this casting. She's still stunning.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drifter posted:

^^^ - there's this thing called implementation of ideas.

Jesus Christ why is milfTits mcSmoak wearing lingerie/cocktail dress at her daughter's work?

God drat, was the McQeen mom the only decently dressed mom in this place?

I'd bet the way she dresses is a subplot. Also Ms Ross is a very well endowed lady so that kind of dress would show off her assets more than other actresses.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

If Katie Cassidy had the fore-thought to put some video of her break-dancing on youtube a few years ago, she'd have wisely avoided all this goon-rage.

She's doing her best now Seriously, follow er on Facebook, she's always at the gym. Or hanging out with Paul and Willa. I really like that the cast are all buddies.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

greatn posted:

Felicity walks in on Ollie having sex with her mom in the arrow cave.

Even money says Mrs Smoak does try to seduce Oliver.

zoux posted:

Yeah there is absolutely no reason that she has to work as hard as she is when they could just use stunt people. I think she's probably doing it because everyone else works out so hard so she's following their example. So I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt with the Canary transition.

This is why I'm giving her so much slack, she's working her rear end off to live up to what Amell is doing.

Drifter posted:

who are paul and willa?

:getout:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drifter posted:

I know they are pushing other stories right now, but I feel Brendan Routh is woefully underused as Ray Palmer.

This episode was frustrating in that area. :argh:

I know I am seriously stretching and I loving hate it when people do this but...

When he entered Felicity's apartment he said "Nice place, lots of space!" which is what both Bruce Wayne and the Joker said the Vikki Vale in Batman (1989).

Jesus Christ, gently caress me for posting that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VagueRant posted:

Not to mention the random pointless shot of Barrowman glaring.

Nothing Barrowman does is pointless.

Nothing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oracle posted:

Seriously, Routh is an amazing actor. I had no idea, my only exposure to him was that awful Superman movie where he was just wooden as poo poo (or basically trying to play Christopher Reeve Superman as Jesus).

That was all Singer. He cast Routh based entirely on his resemblance to Reeve. Dude never had a chance.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Scyantific posted:

Thinking back on it, Roy having something to do with Sara's death isn't too surprising. After all, considering that Manu Bennett neither confirmed nor denied that he was coming back for season 3, using "maybe the mirakuru cure didn't work as well as we thought" is definitely a set up for Slade to breakout of Lian Yu and a return to Starling (either as a villain or anti-hero or ARGUS merc).

Also, you'd probably want someone to go toe-to-toe with Merlyn as well, and god knows Oliver can't do that. :v:

I'm hoping someone at WB is smart enough to bring Manu over to the films for the Suicide Squad flick.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

greatn posted:

There's Dr (Hugo) Strange who uses hypnosis to implant memories and extract information.

He's almost certainly locked into the Gotham series.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Like the Dollmaker?

Except that happened before Gotham was a thing?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Some Numbers posted:

Paul Blackthorne just gushed on Facebook about filming with Vinnie Jones, calling it one of the highlights of his career.

I'm so pumped for that episode. Love me some Vinnie Jones.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Seriously. If the Ghost Tommy scene didn't at least bring you to half mast you're doing something wrong.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drifter posted:

Half mast, like a chubby? That's kinda weird, but whatever floats your boat.

Well, something is floating...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phenotype posted:

This would be amazing. I was surprised to find out he was a creation of the show, because the name John Diggle has such an old-timey comic book vibe to it.

He's named after a writer and based loosely on an existing character.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

greatn posted:

Didn't they just create a new 52 John Diggle based on Arrow's?

Yes but what I'm talking about was way before that, just after Infinite Crisis. John Smalls was introduced as Ollie's bodyguard in One Year Later. Diggle is based loosely on that character.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In the One Year later arc Ollie decided he had to rebuild himself so he hired the best of the best to teach him new techniques. When that didn't work he hired the guy who taught Deathstroke everything he knows about killing. I'd love to see him show up in the series since they've heavily mined Winnick's run for other plots.

Natas.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Or she uses that weapon as a tribute to the man who taught her the difference between right and wrong.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drifter posted:

I don't think she's using that right.

Look at this guy who's never resisted arrest.

from a misspent youth I can tell you that they will swing those loving things at you however they want

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mooseontheloose posted:

I also I thought Roy asking Ollie not to abandon him was very intense.

Did anyone else fist-pump when Ollie said "Never" or was it just me?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hangedman1984 posted:

Confirmed, Merlyn is actually Jack Harkness

Checks out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

One person. Offscreen.

Captain Jack would have impregnated half the DC universe by now.

Why do you think the LoA is after him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Scyantific posted:

Was he in the League for only 2 years? IIRC he left Starling after his wife was murdered and I recall him telling Tommy that he was too young to understand it.

Edit:
Palmer's doing the salmon ladder!:neckbeard:

Go find the videos of Routh working out for Superman Returns. He was loving huge.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Deadline reports that the horrible actress who played the Huntress is one of four final actresses up for the lead role in the Netflix Jessica Jones series.

Blech.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Deadpool posted:

Or Caity Lotz for that matter.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Supergirl is going to be on CBS and the CW has been very vocal that they want a third DC series. Will it be the Atom? Will it be Firestorm? We had hopes for a Suicide Squad series but with the film I doubt we'll get that now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Nobody cares about The Atom.

Incorrect, nobody cares about the Ryan Choi version of the Atom.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Captain Atom was named dropped on Flash last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dead Snoopy posted:

Not true - I'm loving the Japan/Katana stuff.

It's China.

• Locked thread