Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Unless they're making a show with Ted Kord in it.

They have already confirmed Booster Gold will be appearing in Flash, and with all the stuff with super-sciencey STAR Labs, it might make more sense to save Ted for that show -- to team him up with his best bud Booster, and because he's known more as an inventor than as an industrialist.

That's what I'm hoping, anyway. Ted Kord and Booster are my all-time favorite characters, and Geoff Johns is a big fan of both of them as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
DC just revealed Arrow-style Deadshot and Dark Archer action figures from DC Collectibles, due out in May 2015. Scroll almost all the way down:

http://www.newsarama.com/22499-dc-comics-full-january-2015-solicitations.html

They're building an Arrow-verse of figures pretty quickly.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

dordreff posted:

He can be one of the other 8 Manhunters. Or Vigilante, I think one of them was a cop out for revenge.

I want to see Greg Saunders, the singing cowboy Vigilante. Or hell, put him on Flash, so we can have a musical episode with Grant Gustin and Jesse L. Martin singing too.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Narcissus1916 posted:

Brandon Routh on Chuck is basically amoral James Bond.

So, Sterling Archer?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Logical1234 posted:

So... I don't really talk much on these forums. I'm gonna change that, Arrow is awesome.

So here's a question for you all. Do you prefer the potential Man of Steel verse, or the Current Arrowverse on TV. Also, who should be part of the invetible Arrowverse Justice Leauge? Flash is Superman, Arrow is Batman, but which obscure DC characters will enter the lineup?

The rumor is that the Supergirl show in development may exist in the Arrow/Flash-verse, so she could fill the role of Wonder Woman AND Superman. I'd still prefer Power Girl, though.

We also have Arsenal, Black Canary, Wildcat, Atom, and Firestorm introduced already or on the way, and Booster Gold has been promised on Flash. I'd kill to see Booster, Blue Beetle, and The Question introduced, and the Vic Sage version of The Question has history with Green Arrow and the Huntress in the comics.

I'm also hoping John Diggle's middle name is revealed to be Stewart, and that he finds a magical green ring.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Nov 9, 2014

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Not saying I don't believe you, but promised, or rumored? Anyone got a source on that, because Booster :syoon: Also, because this:

Is Montoya on Gotham? (I haven't bothered to watch that after seeing it get ripped apart in the BSS TV thread.) I like her version of The Question as well, and she appears in a run of Birds of Prey doing a team-up with Huntress to save Black Canary; so there's some history there, too.

Sounds like a very strong, credible rumor, directly from Geoff Johns. He wrote some of the best Booster stories ever in 52 and his own relaunched series, as well as the Smallville episode where Booster, Jaime Reyes, and Ted Kord all appeared:

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Time-Traveling-Superhero-May-Heading-Flash-67701.html

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

Lady whatnow? Since when did she get cast?

I think he meant Katana.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I think it's interesting how the show has framed the League of Assassins as "not so bad" bad guys, considering their name and purpose. Sarah retained her kindness and altruism, Maseo seems to have as well, Nyssa showed up with a bunch of Leaguers to help out in Starling City and ended up turning the tide against Slade's army, and Ra's gave his whole speech about "replacing evil with death" (as opposed to more evil). I thought that line in particular hinted that they might be more of a force for order/balance or righteous vengeance, as opposed to just conscienceless mercenary killers who work for the highest bidder (which would certainly have brought Merlyn into conflict with Ra's in the first place).

My thought for the end of the season, although a few people have already mentioned it in passing, is that Oliver will somehow inherit Ra's position as head of the League, and will have to use them as a private army to do good and not let their influence corrupt him. I think that's the most exciting possibility out there, and I loved it when Angel did that with Wolfram & Hart, although it didn't work as well when Daredevil took over The Hand in the comics.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

thebardyspoon posted:

Felt like a bit of a dick move to put Captain Boomerang in there with Slade, I guess since he was suicide squad and such Argus would want him somewhere super secure and he does know Ollies secret identity (or could easily figure it out) but still, what he did wasn't any worse than what other criminals of the week do.

Lots of other criminals of the week were killed or arrested by the regular Starling City PD. With Boomerang's Suicide Squad training, it was implied he would be more dangerous than the average criminals of the week.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Aces High posted:

how the hell did they get Blue Beetle in Young Justice then? Although I guess that's different since Ted was dead there too

Do you know which episode that was? Because I've never watched Young Justice, but I'll watch the poo poo out of a Ted Kord episode.

Ted appeared twice on Brave and the Bold, including one episode that was a flashback to his heroic, self-sacrificing death, so Jaime could learn about the legacy of the Blue Beetle.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Ville Valo posted:

edit: Oh, an episode with Kord. :saddowns: There were no episodes with Kord speaking. He's in a flashback, and seen in a photograph, that's it.
Ah, okay. As the biggest Ted Kord fan there is, I would have felt silly for missing something more significant than that.

I'm still hoping the rumor comes true that Geoff Johns favorite Booster Gold appears on Flash, due to all the time travel shenanigans, paving the way for a Ted Kord appearance. Maybe they are some of the mystery characters planned for the Atom/Firestorm/Captain Cold/Caity Lotz spinoff!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Speaking of which:

http://comicbook.com/2015/03/09/arrow-flash-spinoff-series-other-heroes-revealed-/

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Bronze Tiger was also unceremoniously killed off in the Arrow tie-in comic book.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
The Ted Kord Blue Beetle is my all-time favorite superhero as well. I was really disappointed he never made it into the JLU cartoon, but at least they made an action figure of him, years after the show was off the air and the figures were online exclusives sold at inflated prices.

I was even more disappointed when a character who looked and acted a lot like him was introduced on Arrow, played by a very charismatic actor, but turned out to be a Silver Age blank slate of a character who was traditionally even more boring than Hal Jordan. Brandon Routh's portrayal is the best thing to ever happen for Ray Palmer/Atom fans (are there any?), but it kills me to think how awesome Ted Kord would have been on Arrow, especially after all the Kord references in the first two seasons.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I think Johns actually LIKES Blue Beetle. He wrote the Smallville episode with Booster, Jaime, and Ted, and he co-wrote some great Blue Beetle stories in the comics: Countdown to Infinite Crisis, where he, Rucka, and Winick actually killed off Ted, and the post-52 Booster Gold arc where Booster saved Ted and had alternate timeline adventures with him. Plus, the Arrow showrunners were all set to introduce Brandon Routh as Ted until "DC" intervened. But I really don't think that was Johns' call, even though he is Chief Creative Officer. It might be Dan DiDio's issue.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hell, McDonough even voiced Green Arrow too, so I am optimistic.

And Deadshot! McDonough could do Arrow as a one-man show.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Klungar posted:

I met Amell this weekend at his wine mixer in Chicago.
The loving Chicago Wine Mixer!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Scyantific posted:

Does CWTV have an iOS app? And does it work in the UK?

There is definitely a CW app for iPad, but I'm not sure if it works in the UK.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Mirakuru is a hell of a drug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
iZombie is very good. It has an extremely strong first season, but it helped that it was only 13 tightly-written episodes rather than stretched out to 22.

• Locked thread