Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Dead.juice posted:

It's not a video game, but I need to learn how to roll a d20 better in D&D, and quick!

play a spellcaster and force all the enemies to make the d20 rolls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

I rule at video games but I am growing impatient with them and am starting to have existential crisises because I'm starting to think I was born a gay baby who'd grow up to do nothing but go to work and play video games and I want to die, what do I do?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

play video games

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

gay skull posted:

I rule at video games but I am growing impatient with them and am starting to have existential crisises because I'm starting to think I was born a gay baby who'd grow up to do nothing but go to work and play video games and I want to die, what do I do?

Find a new forum, coward.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

maybe cinema discusso is more your speed

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

well I can't just abandon video games because I'm a world championship gamer and the greatest gamer of all time so I'm poo poo at everything else ever because I wasted my life foraging a wide skill set in video games but I can't cook, drive, fix anything, argue effectively or even walk more than 50 feet without needing to stop and catch my breath. But I can destroy anyone in a metroid speedrun tournament but there's no money in that

so what do I do

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

gay skull posted:

well I can't just abandon video games because I'm a world championship gamer and the greatest gamer of all time so I'm poo poo at everything else ever because I wasted my life foraging a wide skill set in video games but I can't cook, drive, fix anything, argue effectively or even walk more than 50 feet without needing to stop and catch my breath. But I can destroy anyone in a metroid speedrun tournament but there's no money in that

so what do I do

Follow your heart.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8t7oK92_Cc

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Get one of those exercise games. If your gaming skills are as diverse as you claim, you'll be a champion powerlifter in no time!

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

gay skull posted:

so what do I do

relax, we understand j00

SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.

gay skull posted:

so what do I do

Sounds like you got the only skill that counts, homie.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

gay skull posted:

so what do I do

become an lper

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Just took this screenshot, I have posted it before but I still can't do it :argh:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I thought Games was the Bad At Video Games Support Center

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Widestancer posted:

I thought Games was the Bad At Video Games Support Center

I don't trust their opinions in there much after being subjected to them for a while.
No, I don't want to play a roguelike, thank you!

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
I smoked a bunch of weed before I played Alpha Protocol for the first time, got to the first hacking screen, stared at it until it autofailed me and then quit the game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Thug Lessons posted:

I smoked a bunch of weed before I played Alpha Protocol for the first time, got to the first hacking screen, stared at it until it autofailed me and then quit the game.

Sounds like you got some bunk weed. When I smoke weed I am pretty much unstoppable.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Yes op, when it comes to video games I am bad

at not owning fools

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Mach2 posted:

Yes op, when it comes to video games I am bad

at not owning fools

have you tried aiming away from them?? it's pretty fuckin easy and i dont see why your retard mind couldnt come up with it

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Dexters Secret posted:

have you tried aiming away from them?? it's pretty fuckin easy and i dont see why your retard mind couldnt come up with it

I'll try this and let you know how it goes

Edit: I almost missed a noscope headshot but I just can't seem to get the hang of not owning fools, I am sorry I've failed you Imp Zone

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

Dead.juice posted:

It's not a video game, but I need to learn how to roll a d20 better in D&D, and quick!
Ok, there are two ways to do this, a lawful evil way and a chaotic evil way.

Chaotic evil: because every low number has a high number right next to it, pick up the die as soon as it is done rolling and turn the neighbouring high number up and show it instead of the lovely low roll you actually got.

Lawful evil: get a special kind of d20 called a spin down. These are used by Magic players to track their life so they have a high side and a low side, practice sliding the die to always land on the high side, you won't get a specific number but with a little practice you'll never roll below 10.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
i have spent hundreds of dollars collecting japanese shmups but jesus loving christ i have to use at least 100 credits just to beat the baby mode on them

what's wrong with me

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
im drinking and this thread has inspired me to abuse adderall to become a good chef, and play some easy video games

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Simoom posted:

im drinking and this thread has inspired me to abuse adderall to become a good chef, and play some easy video games

TCC has a minecraft server

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

This may be a bit controversial, but someone needs to say it. If you're bad at video games you should be killed.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Silver Striker posted:

This may be a bit controversial, but someone needs to say it. If you're bad at video games you should be killed.

i understand your feelings but a lot of moms are bad at video games so i cannot support it

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Silver Striker posted:

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Silver Striker posted:

:yikes:

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

Silver Striker posted:

why would you want to commit suicide

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Silver Striker posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

bathroomrage posted:

oh geez

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

tell me how to be not utter poo poo at strategy games like civ so I can play beyond earth when it comes out without going mad with frustration

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

being bad at videogames makes me get mad at video games, y'see

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Silver Striker posted:

bathroomrage posted:

this can only be settled by a 1v1

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I am bad at Vanquish, even though I like it a lot. I can't shoot bots good.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

Dexters Secret posted:

this can only be settled by a 1v1

my powers are only good in co-op

i am a dirty casual :negative:

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

tell me how to be not utter poo poo at strategy games like civ so I can play beyond earth when it comes out without going mad with frustration

My advice would be to play a good strategy game, such as Civ 4, instead.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

it was even worse for me in civ 4, with like ten times the number of units to deal with

i keep buying these strategy games and I don't know why

Number Two Stunna
Nov 8, 2009

FUCK
imp zone? more like wimp zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
civ games are good if you're a kid and all you have is a computer, but it's not really YOUR computer it's the family's computer, and your dad BEGRUDGINGLY bought a game for it, but he bought what he thought was the most boring, uninteresting game he could find for it, and it's all you have to entertain yourself during the summer when you can't get a ride to the library or the pool, so you knuckle down and try to learn this poo poo, which looks nothing like Doom or Duke 3D which is what all your friends are playing, but you start to get good at it, you start learning it, and then you fast forward 15 years later and now its Civilization 72 or whatever and you try to play it and right off the bat you realize it's dogshit and go back to shooting space orcs or whatever in Halo 23

• Locked thread