Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Crazy Ted posted:

And the hilarious thing about that is that the inspiration for Colonel Reb was a really old black guy.

Ivy was very much a part of the Ole Miss scene in 1936 when the editor of the school newspaper proposed a contest to produce a new nickname for Ole Miss teams, then known as The Flood. "The Rebels" was the choice of 18 out of 21 sports writers.[1] Rebels also won the contest sponsored by the Mississippian, with Ole Massas—a term used by slaves to refer to their masters—finishing a close second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

There is no way I will ever be ok with the cowboys being decent again unless jerry jones has been cold and dead for loving years, and even then I'd only allow it because I want to see Big Bob Pataki happy. Once.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Vontaze Burfict owns. I'm pretty sure he is actually a bonafide headcase but when he's not limping around with fake injuries or twisting ankles he owns.

I probably think this because I was at the game where he pointed at Matt Barkley in a menacing fashion

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Ozu posted:

@MikeReiss
Filed to ESPN: Source says RB Stevan Ridley tore his ACL and MCL.

Moreno (though he is back finally)
Woodhead
Ridley

Bills are destroying RBs

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

b0ng posted:

News:

Views: :stare:

I see a little Jaguar head in there that is not at the bottom of the list. Therefore the graphic must be wrong.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Fans in their native element:

quote:

A Miami-Dade Police spokesperson told Gossip Extra that yesterday's game saw 66 incidents that required police intervention, and included 45 ejections and eight arrests. "That's more than usual for a Dolphins game," the spokesperson said.

http://deadspin.com/photos-dolphins...dium=socialflow

Link has more pictures of a Packers fan getting the poo poo kicked out of him.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

blue squares posted:

Rivers and Romo in the top 6. Sweet. And Peyton is so good that his team is on there despite Tebow.

Those stats also include half a year of Kitna, plus some Orton and McGee games.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.

nrr posted:

There is no way I will ever be ok with the cowboys being decent again unless jerry jones has been cold and dead for loving years, and even then I'd only allow it because I want to see Big Bob Pataki happy. Once.

You're assuming BBP is younger than Jones.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Dirt Worshipper posted:

Yeah well go gently caress yourself I wasn't aware people were this racist and stupid.

You never listen to people talk about Obama?

https://www.google.com/search?site=...851.MseCCIHSgtQ

Also that lowball concussion lawsuit settlement looks to be finally approved :(
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11693012/opposition-nfl-concussion-settlement-falls-apart-deadline-looms

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Eifert Posting posted:

You can see that ankle twisting poo poo most games if you look for it

You keep saying this but honestly it's not really true. It kinda comes off like you're pseudo defending it as "the norm"

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Were the Panthers surreptitiously untying Burfict's shoelaces?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

AAA DOLFAN posted:

You keep saying this but honestly it's not really true. It kinda comes off like you're pseudo defending it as "the norm"

You can see ankle twisting and the really egregious poo poo in the pileups about once per year I think. I'd include stuff like Ray Rice spitting in Phil Taylor's face into that too

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Nah, it's a punk move and it pisses me off. It happens some times if you look for it, particularly to receivers, but it loving shouldn't and I'm perfectly OK with them coming down hard on Burfict as long as they do the same when a #3 corner does it to a #3 wr.

Where this stuff really hurts the Bengals is on bang bang plays like this one.

Is that a bad hit or does the receiver duck into the hit? Doesn't matter, now. Refs are gonna call that on Burfict all day 'cause they're looking for it. He's never going to get the benefit of the doubt after these stunts. seeing how he averages 8-10 tackles a game when he's healthy that's, I wanna say, bad. If they don't find some way to get him to cut out the bush league bullshit he's going to average 60 penalty yards a game even playing clean. Priority 1 for the Bengals should be getting the penalty yards down. The officiating on both sides of the ball last week was awful, but a lot of The Bengals penalties could easily be avoided by emphasizing form tackles. Marv will never do that, though, 'cause his players are never wrong.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

It's still hilarious the worst head injury Burfict has gotten came from Joe Flacco's dick.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Hopefully Flacco can cock-slap him out of the league in two weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3671865&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

• Locked thread