Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Ive only just started this game myself, but since ppl already started talking about it in my BD thread, im making a thread for it. i heard its kinda easy so i put it on hard mode ... sees pretty balanced so far (chapter 3 l0l)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

its easy on the start bc of the pair up mechanics but the game will gently caress yo rear end on lunatic and lunatic+ when every lovely enemy has a broken as gently caress ability lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

vantage+, hawkeye+, luna+ and counter is the way the game has to tell you to go gently caress yourself

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
whew... Im glad i settled for hard then. btw, open question here: ive only played one fire emblem before.. am i right in thinking that arranging it so that my avatar gets most of the exp in the first few battles is good in the long run?

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

whew... Im glad i settled for hard then. btw, open question here: ive only played one fire emblem before.. am i right in thinking that arranging it so that my avatar gets most of the exp in the first few battles is good in the long run?

i think at the start you want to spread out the xp between everyone, but as long as frederick isnt stealing all the xp i dont think it matters too much. also im real bad at fire emblem so i might be giving bad advice..

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

I.N.R.I posted:

It truly does not matter, your avatar just acts as another character. Obviously you have to keep them alive though so don't make them so weak they'll die in one hit.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Spreading out your XP is a good idea as is playing on hard; it can really suck if you end up with a few guys being over leveled. The pairing mechanic can be abused to great lengths as well to the point of being game breaking easily.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

you can just grind poo poo bc there are random encounters tho

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

That's true. I've been playing on permadeath mode and random encounters for some reason really hosed me so RIP Sully.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

I.N.R.I posted:

The avatar is so fuckin good you can feed your first few chapters directly into other units and have your avatar still be effective.

Kellam is stupid good if you give him the early XP.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Also if you play on permadeath and restart constantly I don't know what to tell you

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Widestancer posted:

Also if you play on permadeath and restart constantly I don't know what to tell you

thats what i did lol

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Swelter Discharge posted:

thats what i did lol

I am at a loss for words and disillusioned now since I can't reconcile this with your general quality posting and so I'll just repress it

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Widestancer posted:

back before the 3ds this was the only way to play unless you wanted to be a bitch and accept second-best

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

thats what i did lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Effectronica posted:

back before the 3ds this was the only way to play unless you wanted to be a bitch and accept second-best

casual mode was on the japan-only shadow dragon sequel too

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

didn't the remake of fe1 actually require you to sacrifice a bunch of dudes to get the extra chapters lmao

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Widestancer posted:

I am at a loss for words and disillusioned now since I can't reconcile this with your general quality posting and so I'll just repress it

i went into it with a strong will to do permadeath then became very attached to my pals in the game and couldnt let them die

sorry if i let anyone down

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

i went into it with a strong will to do permadeath then became very attached to my pals in the game and couldnt let them die

sorry if i let anyone down

The bonds we make in Fire Emblem are strong indeed.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

a true general will never sacrifice his beloved troops - sun tzu

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

i refuse.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

a true general will never sacrifice his beloved troops - sun tzu

Sucks to be you farmer boy have fun feeding worms - Widestancer

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

i played on casual because dudes can die so quickly in this game. too tense for me.

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

what the gently caress that only had a 40% chance to hit gently caress you- sun tzu

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Widestancer posted:

Sucks to be you farmer boy have fun feeding worms - Widestancer

the strongest guy, donnel, is a farmer. you're point!?!?

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

i refuse.

there is no reason to grind so you're good.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Famous TV Dad posted:

i played on casual because dudes can die so quickly in this game. too tense for me.

im playing on casual this time, and if i really love the game ill probably attempt lunatic + perma.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

new mystery feels...

sword_man.gif posted:

didn't the remake of ff1 actually require you to sacrifice a bunch of dudes to get the extra chapters lmao

15 or fewer left alive to get all of them except the last one, where you have to kill tiki and miss the falchion to get nagi and a shittier falchion, and you don't even get gotoh

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the first 5 chapters are a crapshoot and then you have to use dlc to grind

somehow, marth is the easiest fight in it

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

the strongest guy, donnel, is a farmer. you're point!?!?

His strength did not save him sadly the other day

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
new mystery has a translation btw

one of the marths will comment that you remind him of That One Guy in reference to it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Widestancer posted:

His strength did not save him sadly the other day

i got donnel through his mission on lunatic somehow

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Effectronica posted:

new mystery feels...

15 or fewer left alive to get all of them except the last one, where you have to kill tiki and miss the falchion to get nagi and a shittier falchion, and you don't even get gotoh

nagi is hot as gently caress and i want to gently caress her

Doctor Goat posted:

new mystery has a translation btw

one of the marths will comment that you remind him of That One Guy in reference to it

whwhwhahhttthhahthwha1jttt i must downlaodns it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
http://www.heroesofshadow.net/
translation

I really wish the art wasn't utter poo poo because I want to play the two DS ones

I have trouble in Awakening because you need to grind to an extent on Hard but if you do you overlevel and if you don't it bullshits you in various ways

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

i got donnel through his mission on lunatic somehow

just got him on my polaythrough. i suppose hes a "late bloomer" type or something?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Doing a new run through of this poo poo. Just finished Chapter 8 and Sumia and Sully got all the good levels, like holy gently caress.

I.N.R.I posted:

just got him on my polaythrough. i suppose hes a "late bloomer" type or something?

His base class is complete trash so get him a second seal as soon as he reaches level 10 (he's usually better as a merc than fighter fyi) but his gimmick is that he gets the aptitude skill that gives him absurdly good levels. That being said he'll cap out where other guys do and he only gets 3 tier-2 classes but you don't have to worry about that ever really.

DoctorStrangelove fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 7, 2014

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
You will gently caress.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You will gently caress, OP.

:greencube:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

yeah he starts lovely but has monstro growth rate and his level 15 ability is p strong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

I.N.R.I posted:

also he goes to level 30 on villager so you can make him ridiculous with reclassing

• Locked thread