Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Ive only just started this game myself, but since ppl already started talking about it in my BD thread, im making a thread for it. i heard its kinda easy so i put it on hard mode ... sees pretty balanced so far (chapter 3 l0l)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
whew... Im glad i settled for hard then. btw, open question here: ive only played one fire emblem before.. am i right in thinking that arranging it so that my avatar gets most of the exp in the first few battles is good in the long run?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

you can just grind poo poo bc there are random encounters tho

i refuse.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Famous TV Dad posted:

i played on casual because dudes can die so quickly in this game. too tense for me.

im playing on casual this time, and if i really love the game ill probably attempt lunatic + perma.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

i got donnel through his mission on lunatic somehow

just got him on my polaythrough. i suppose hes a "late bloomer" type or something?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You will gently caress, OP.

:greencube:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Effectronica posted:

also he goes to level 30 on villager so you can make him ridiculous with reclassing

man, i dunno what that means yet, but ill keep it in mind.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

paco650 posted:

its good, but please don't gently caress the little girl, as she never gets galeforce or lifetaker and is therefore uselsss

looks like my first uspport S rank is chrom + avatar (female), since i paired him up with ehr to make it less easy to get a game over. Lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
anyway, this game seems really good, so i dunno what u ppl are talking about,.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i cant even get the guy to 10 because he cant damage any of the enemies -__-

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
hes pared up with kellam atm but he gets like 20 xp per chapter. le sigh

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
is there any way to make a support character attack the enemy or is it just random based on support rank or what.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

01011001 posted:

forge him a high damage spear

its weurking ty although he still dies from 1 hit so its slow anyway. well, its my obstacle to overcome i supose.

btw, i was looking at the bonus box stuff (not gonna use any of it cos its cheeting) and a bunch of the old portraits and stuff looked like they were drawn by shirow masamune (guy who made ghost in the shell) and it turns out he used to be the character designer or w/e .. i never knew he used to be the artist for emblem. cool!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

babypolis posted:

man loving virion. hes the only archer u get so i had to make sure he was good but he only gets good levels on botched attempts.

is he really cos the game gives iu like thousands of epic bows and hardly anything else except for w/e u get from shiny tiles. funy

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I got lucina amd It seems like Im basically invincible now .. kellam, tharja, anna and my avatar are my best chars. Ill resume my quest tonight

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

Archers are loving garbage and worthless compared to Mages.

did a archer sleep with your ex gf or something.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
alright.. got a full day of free time today and im in a hotel so im going to play this for like 12 hours :D. i left off just as i was crossing the ocean last time.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the side quests to get the children are my fav missions so far cos theyre still challenging with my epic army.. maybe ill make as many as possible with the chars i dont use so i can play all the maps.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Be careful not to marry anyone to the women who don't have kids cause there might not be enough men left over to knock everyone up.

i dont know which ones have kids or not so fi i miss something then so be it.. anyway, i like the game so much ill probably replay it again in the future on luantic.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
does anyone know how to keep severa alive in her recruitment mission -_- she keeps running next to the wall where an archer thats impossible to reach can one shot her. im gonna try using rescue on her before she gets there to buy some time but if that doesnt work then im all out of ideas.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

epic ... dont think even i could pull off owning this though,.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
just bumping this to ask if any of the dlc is worth it ... maybe the hot spring one? :mister greenwater:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mabels big day posted:

It depends on what you want to get out of it. Some dlc has exclusive skills to unlock and exclusive character cards, and others like the beach one have sexy pics of your favorite characters, but you can always look them up online. And there's always the grinding dlc but you have stated your anti grinding stance.

Also your new avatar is cool

thank you, and thank you.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

DoctorStrangelove posted:

My advice though, avoid the Nowi/Tharja convo on the harvest one.

why?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
spooky witch babe ftw

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
nowis or tharjas... tbh , im not a lolicon , so i would prefer it if they were talkking about tharjas hehhehehehehheh

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
back the gently caress up a second. that guy bought the hot spring DLC even though he thinks sex in games is creepy ? ._.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

The Future Past pack is a much better ending than the actual ending of the game, and its map conversations are the only times that the kids have non-generic dialog with their fathers. The Scramble pack is basically a bunch of extra support conversations implemented as map conversations. The Golden pack is for grinding. Lost Bloodlines 2 and Smash Brethren 2 give you access to the Dread Fighter and Bride classes respectively, and Lost Bloodlines 3 and Smash Brethren 3 give you the potentially useful Paragon and Iote's Shield skills. Rogues and Redeemers 3 gives you Limit Breaker, which is essential if you want to attempt the Challenge pack or Apotheosis.

ty for the post. ill pick up rogues and redeemers 3 + the hard maps

• Locked thread