Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Vahakyla posted:

Being a gunner is terrifying in He111. Gimbal limits and cramped views make it horrifying.
Fun times were had.

RIP partybus.

Edit: At least I managed to bomb that guy on the runway as our wing snapped off.

Artless Meat fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Oct 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

jadebullet posted:

I have to say that the game is definitely fun for me so far, especially because of flying the HE111 in the campaign. My only gripe so far is that I can't control my mixture for some reason. I press the keys but nothing happens. I tried remapping them but it didn't do anything. Has anyone else had something like this happen in the HE111?

Also, for those of you who are good at engine management, can you tell me why this keeps happening to me. I will be flying the HE111 and I will take enough damage to lose an engine, but take no damage to the other engine. So, I feather the dead engine, and throttle back a bit on the good engine to keep the ATA and revs a bit lower but still find that within about 30 seconds to a minute the good engine starts to trail black smoke and I get the "engine damaged" message and eventually the engine dies. I don't take any other shots to the good engine either, because I tested this by purposely destroying an engine to see if it would still do it, and it does. What am I doing wrong?

The HE111 actually has automatic mixture control.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Shine posted:

In the meantime, is there still a goon group that plays 1946?

e: Seafire is still great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT3UcszbYIs

I'd reinstall it if there were enough people who'd be down for it.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Reztes posted:

Yeah I picked up 1946 when it was $2 on Steam, too. I only put like an hour into futzing with it since I think that was the same week I picked up BoS. Since I've only really played that and DCS, I've apparently missed the "fun" part of combat sims, what is it exactly that makes 1946 so much more of a fun game than those others, just custom missions or what? How do those substantially change the nature of go to enemy -> shoot planes/drop bombs -> go home/explode

Anyway, I've been wanting to get back into the pretend skies guess I'll have to give 1946 more of a shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2RIlcBH_Vo

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

BOS doesn't even support mods does it? So there's no way for the community to fix it like they did for CLOD.