Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
drat it mom they all had the posters intact!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i like Nintendo, but Nintendo Power stopped being a useful product as soon as you could look up cheat codes on the internet

the posters were pretty garbo imho

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
old issues + poster are worth like five bucks apiece on ebay, dexter wrong again

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
It was my dad, and my tips & tricks as well.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

post ITT if your mom threw out your sister for dating a black guy

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

old issues + poster are worth like five bucks apiece on ebay, dexter wrong again

i didn't say they were worthless

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
my dad got me cheats off BBSes while he was playing exitilus

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Dexters Secret posted:

i like Nintendo, but Nintendo Power stopped being a useful product as soon as you could look up cheat codes on the internet

the posters were pretty garbo imho

maps are cool

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
http://web.textfiles.com/games/nescodes.txt

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I threw them out, I am the monster.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
my first issue was the one where they were showing how the gamecube could show the seams on mario's jeans and I was like holy poo poo seaamms

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
My mom and heck, my entire family, are avid gamers so this would never happen to me.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

i never owned nintendo power but im gonna buy 50 of em from some guy on craigslist today

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

imho you should all go.back on time and kill ur momes

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i still have some of them, but most are gone/lost/thrown out.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Lol at retards who always say "why use Nintendo power? You can just use gamefaqs" as if maps aren't loving awsome

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Swelter Discharge posted:

i never owned nintendo power but im gonna buy 50 of em from some guy on craigslist today

Fully sick.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Subscribed during the last half of the SNES era, the RPG golden age.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

They are pretty cool. its all early issues from before 1995 including the first 7 issues

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
thoughts on sega visions

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
all my nat geos are in a box back home in the attic or some poo poo, meanwhile my nintendo powers are rotting in a landfill somewhere

feels bad man

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I took out all the posters as a kid and put 'em on my walls. When I started wanting to bring girls around, I took them all down.

Except the Skies of Arcadia poster. That thing is never leaving my wall

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
My mom is a loving idiot

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I have a couple of issues from the NES days. Then a friend of mine from high school gave me all of his NES-era Nintendo Power magazines back in '99 because his mother was just gonna throw them out. So now I have the Power. Nintendo Power. They're cool. :)

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

My mom threw away my old Vectrex :(

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Not a Children posted:

I took out all the posters as a kid and put 'em on my walls. When I started wanting to bring girls around, I took them all down.

Except the Skies of Arcadia poster. That thing is never leaving my wall

the posters in these things are badass

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Widestancer posted:

My mom threw away my old Vectrex :(

drat...

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

I think I was the one who threw them out, because I didn't want to be a hoarder

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I still have all of mine intact.

Also people have been scanning in all the Nintendo powers ever and the posters(which are cleaned up without the creases). You can print up the posters at staples or Kinkos.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i started subscribing when they offered a Dragon Warrior NES cart as a subscription bonus

that was a good loving promotion

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
the only thing i really remember about NP was their reviewers were absolute bastards, they seemed to hate everything

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The scoring system they used for popular games each month on each Nintendo console was stupid. SMB and Zelda topping the charts, every loving time. The section for games played between each region, doubly so.

I gave them away to children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

We didn't get Nintendo Power over here but we did get Club Nintendo which actually just copy pasted from Nintendo Power.

• Locked thread