Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Thinking of getting that one when it comes out. I see a lot of people raving about the Vicky games and just never got around to trying em. Prolly wait and see what people say when it's out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It's on GamePass

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Honky Dong Country posted:

Thinking of getting that one when it comes out. I see a lot of people raving about the Vicky games and just never got around to trying em. Prolly wait and see what people say when it's out.

As someone who loves Vicky 2, its kinda bad when you look at it objectively, but it trys something almost no other game tries to and it broadly succeeds at the feel it's going for even if some of the actual mechanics hit or miss.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Victoria 1 has my favorite 2D graphics of perhaps any game. Lol.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

It's on GamePass

not on release, they removed it like cowards

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

victoria iii in 12 hours babeeeeeeyy

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

victoria iii in 12 hours babeeeeeeyy

Oh gently caress.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It would be tight if it was hosed like HOI3 where I launched a game in 1936 at max speed, fell asleep in my chair, woke up 4 hours later and it was just 1937.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

It would be tight if it was hosed like HOI3 where I launched a game in 1936 at max speed, fell asleep in my chair, woke up 4 hours later and it was just 1937.

lmfao

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

lol two sicilies has enough starting provinces to form italy after improving relations with a couple folks lmao

Thank you Ohtori Akio for the incredible sig!! 😍

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Waifu Radia posted:

lol two sicilies has enough starting provinces to form italy after improving relations with a couple folks lmao

LMFAO holy gently caress let's kill them!!!

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

In Training posted:

we will start with you buddy

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Waifu Radia posted:

we will start with you buddy

This.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yeah, one two Sicilies before you, that’s what I said now

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

top hat goblin...

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Plutonis posted:

top hat goblin...

Thankfully, it's now encouraged in imp zone to sign your posts.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Plutonis posted:

top hat goblin...

ralph pootawn, esq.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mbt posted:

ralph pootawn, esq.

lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mbt posted:

ralph pootawn, esq.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

P-Mack posted:

Thankfully, it's now encouraged in imp zone to sign your posts.

lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

How’s Vicky 3? Really don’t wanna get another paradox game on release but I’m loving diseased.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

I like it. Hold off for a patch and a smaller sale and you will be pleased as punch

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The new dev diaries look pretty sick, a lot of nations being redone and banged up but I honestly wonder if this is going to be the final major patch or something before they announce EU5

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i feel bad for whoever gets to make the announcement for eu5 because they're gonna have to remove a lot of mechanics that were just there to sell dlc for 4 and the community will be really angry about regardless of how dumb the mechanic was

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Agean90 posted:

i feel bad for whoever gets to make the announcement for eu5 because they're gonna have to remove a lot of mechanics that were just there to sell dlc for 4 and the community will be really angry about regardless of how dumb the mechanic was

They’ve done it a thousand times before which allowed you to make this joke at all. So wtf man.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

They’ve done it a thousand times before which allowed you to make this joke at all. So wtf man.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Agean90 posted:

I feel immensely jealous of them and wish my 9-5 was going on Paradox forums and telling my biggest fans to eat poo poo and shut up.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i hope they announce secret societies for ck3

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

that or republics

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I hope they announce my rear end cheeks spreading violently as an enormous log of poo poo squeezes out of my arse and lands on top of Crusader Kings 3’s in game map.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i think that would be an excellent feature to add as well

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

They destroyed map gaming several years ago when I got a job and couldn’t spend literally thousands of hours playing each title, I’m afraid.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

bumping the map gaming threda because im a mapgamer that enjoys number going up. also theyre kind of like rpgs b/c you get lots of mana to spend

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

bumping the map gaming threda because im a mapgamer that enjoys number going up. also theyre kind of like rpgs b/c you get lots of mana to spend

The EU4 expansion sucks but at least it adds cool UI possibilities for mods and fixes administrative and Vic3 apparently will be like CK3 where the expansions just add annoying poo poo for free and you have to pay for how to deal with them.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
chalk me up as another incorrigible mapgamer. I'm out of the game to an extent at the moment though, waiting for the next big Victoria 3 update I think

not totally out though because I'm caning Total War Warhammer, which is at least mapgame adjacent

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Resticky or this forum will gain a permanent +20% revolt risk.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Resticky or this forum will gain a permanent +20% revolt risk.

*glances at -2 stab penalty for a resticky* no deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Plutonis posted:

The EU4 expansion sucks but at least it adds cool UI possibilities for mods and fixes administrative and Vic3 apparently will be like CK3 where the expansions just add annoying poo poo for free and you have to pay for how to deal with them.

what's the deal with the EU4 expansion, is it as much of a shitshow as Johan's last hurrah