Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Eu4 after art of war came out was the best game in history and they hosed it up!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Arrhythmia posted:

Eu4 after art of war came out was the best game in history and they hosed it up!!!

this is the truth

every DLC after it adding another loving mechanic like estates or whatever. tedious

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Estates are fine now though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

early eu4 was so freakin good. groogy and wiz need to be loving oblitereated

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Estates are fine now though

theres like 45 f4reakin mechanics that are as bad as old estates nd havent been fixed

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i should just play anbennar

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fungah! posted:

i should just play anbennar

waiting a month for anbennar to get hotfixed for new version...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

speaking of mods i really wish TNO released more poo poo other than 10 years of content for a single country every 6 months because i really liked this fan content thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X3KTQcSsEY

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Plutonis posted:

speaking of mods i really wish TNO released more poo poo other than 10 years of content for a single country every 6 months because i really liked this fan content thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X3KTQcSsEY

I wish that 70% of the TNO mod team wasn't made up of 17-year-olds but you can't have everything I guess

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

John Charity Spring posted:

I wish that 70% of the TNO mod team wasn't made up of 17-year-olds but you can't have everything I guess

They need to chill with the events too, Guangdong felt like reading a book even though I liked the weapon and product development and economic growth gameplay

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

cold war mod for vicky 2 ftw, one of the most insane duct tape and bubble gum mods that somehow manages to more-or-less work

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

cold war mod for vicky 2 ftw, one of the most insane duct tape and bubble gum mods that somehow manages to more-or-less work

cant wait for the vic 3 one

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

That east vs west game they were planning like 10 years ago had me hoipe.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Spending entire days in my underwear without showering, playing ck2 and eu4 for 12 hours daily, unemployed, missing thesis deadlines, contributing to LPs, the only thing keeping my severely bloodshot eyes open is East vs West, the official Paradox Cold War simulator. Martin Anword hadn’t gotten his filthy fuckwit fingers all over anything yet. That was the happiest I’d ever been.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

That east vs west game they were planning like 10 years ago had me hoipe.

God I was so excited for that. I hope they revisit the Cold War setting at some point.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I just hope they do the canals justice

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Great canals in this game

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

b_d posted:

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I just hope they do the canals justice

Mods doing a far better job with Canals...

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Paradox pulled the plug on EvW when they saw the straits dev diary and realised it was going to be better than any game they ever made

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Those are some good canals. You know what I like even more than canals though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JvIYAM_T7I

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

b_d posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sube
Nov 7, 2022

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

I hope they announce my rear end cheeks spreading violently as an enormous log of poo poo squeezes out of my arse and lands on top of Crusader Kings 3’s in game map.

same here

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

this is the truth

every DLC after it adding another loving mechanic like estates or whatever. tedious

Yeah, early EU4 was absolutely fantastic! Then out came estates, then some other tedious nonsense, then EU4 forever dropped off my radar. :( Which is a real shame, because it was honestly excellent. Building up as an independent Malayan naval and commerce power was always great fun! As was uniting Somalia to become the biggest source of piracy in the world.

Punished Chuck posted:

God I was so excited for that. I hope they revisit the Cold War setting at some point.

Yeah, same. Seemed like a real missed opportunity

hahaha so very true! :D (Also, drat - you're hosting on IZGC! Very nice! Getting on top of the imgur issue with style, I see)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I stopped playing eu4 right before estates were introduced and I still have 600 hours in it. Crazy how much I played that game in only like a year.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ive only played eu4 seriously for about two weeks and estates aren't that bad. i had a friend walk me through and tell me what everything was and if i needed to pay attention to it. estates was 'just pick these options then forget it exists' mechanics. click 'siege crown land' constantly if you remember

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

(Also, drat - you're hosting on IZGC! Very nice! Getting on top of the imgur issue with style, I see)

lol it's a solution. not an elegant one, but then neither am I

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

mbt posted:

ive only played eu4 seriously for about two weeks and estates aren't that bad. i had a friend walk me through and tell me what everything was and if i needed to pay attention to it. estates was 'just pick these options then forget it exists' mechanics. click 'siege crown land' constantly if you remember

they're okay as a mechanic they just don't add much of value and they're yet another thing to keep track of. a lot of the DLC adds mechanics like that and it all piles up and becomes boring to deal with

sube
Nov 7, 2022

they're okay as a mechanic they just don't add much of value and they're yet another thing to keep track of. a lot of the DLC adds mechanics like that and it all piles up and becomes boring to deal with

yeah there's definitively mechanics creep. i like ck2 more due to it, since most mechanics actually feel like they have a place and add something

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

secret societies always keep me going back ck2, its such a fun mechanic

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Nail on the head.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Just give them the real good rear end privileges like the nobility one that gives like +1 army tradition every year, the ones that give more colonists/assimilation and do other buffs at the very start of the game and seize land every once in a while

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

at least you don't have to hand out land after every war any more

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Have they added anything interesting to CK3 yet? The stuff with Spain seemed kinda neat but I never bought it.

sube
Nov 7, 2022

nothing really that makes it worthwhile compared to ck2 imo. i really want to get into stellaris again but i played it like 5 years ago and it's a totally new game now which confuses the hell out of me

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Interest check?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

not personally, but I like to see the screenshots and read stories sometimes.