Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

babypolis posted:

so is victoria 2 finally good? my fav mapgame was victoria 1 and i always heard 2 was kind of a mess

It's epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't know. Last time I played it I was Afghanistan and was trying to conquer the middle east and since it was the furthest I got in V2 I didn't realize at some point the USA would send approximately 2 million soldiers to the shores of Arabia, like 20 boats on every sea tile from there to florida. Another fun one was playing as Texas.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I learned Victoria 1 by playing as Japan, which are good since you can kick Korea's rear end and China's if you got big nards, or try to kick the Dutch and Spanish out of SEA, and they get a historical guaranteed modernization event, at least they did in 1. I never really tried in Victoria 2 though so it might be different,

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In the Ireland game I played by 1453 the ERE had taken over all of france, all of the balkans, all of italy, most of northern africa, much of the Near East, and a lot of eastern europe, half of Iberia and wanted Andalusia from me/my dynasty. They were absolutely impossible to deal with the first time I tried a converted save from like 1440 so I loaded it up and spent all of my gold and time just killing one emperor after an other trying to break it up a little bit but they were still a giant problem especially since most of the territory had become culturally greek already if it wasn't cosmopolitaine.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

DICKHEAD posted:

I used the Victoria 2 Save Game Analyzer once and I had like 5 million people die on both sides in a war against China. 1 million from casualties in a single battle alone iirc.

Also in a game where I played as Russia and went communist about 2 million died in the Soviet-Krakow War which was funny to see.

Baron Bonghits always brings up how epic it is to be China and murder Britain's entire workforce in a huge war with your disposable billion man army and collapse there hold on the world.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Take Russia for the Tatar !

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What's Tribes do.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm buying the DLC probably day one but I don't ever really know anything about them at first.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

DICKHEAD posted:

yeah the way it normally worked in real life is if you could afford it your first 2-3 sons would get some land and the others would just get some cash or horses and armor and told to go do their thing

I hope this was after the day's worth of weed at least per week.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

DICKHEAD posted:

Apparently Ireland in the new start (and the Picts) will be tribal to represent the High King thing

Win.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't have the temperament to play as the culture types and stuff that expect you to do war all the time which like I said I wish I could play as Crimea in EU4 but it's a conflict. I guess I just need to let loose. I had trouble playing as the Muslims as well, for that reason, even though I thought it would be epic to start as the Muzzy palermo count and take over italy eventually.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I would do that if I didn't recently play one as Connacht from 867.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

OkieMurse posted:

Good point. In the game even moderate blobs can WC if left alone long enough but i guess for reals they always seem to collapse under their own weight at a certain point.

Also Dickhead, that roman screenshot that is not CK or EU that you posted a few pages back... Is that Hegemony? Whatever it is I've never played it and it looks pretty.

'Tis.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

DICKHEAD posted:

If you want Total War type battles check out Ultimate General: Gettysburg made by some Total War modder guy who uses Darth Vader as his online avatar i n the year 2014

This is kind of epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is it a game where once you've won the battle as both sides there's not really much else to do. I guess for 10 bucks that ain't too bad but I don't think it'd be prudent to break my 420 game count for that kind of experience.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Map Gamer Feels: you're laying in bed, but you can't sleep because you keep trying to think up strats for a game you're playing/planning.

I been getting this but about houses I want to make in The Sims 4. Well not so much the past couple weeks but definitely in September.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

yeah excetp i also think Pretty Borders are dumb............

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I always neglect naval poo poo when I really shouldn't probably, I just don't got the temperament to deal with moving boats around the water strategically. It would of probably saved my Pueblo game if I had though.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think regime changes might do it but I haven't played Victoria in almost a year.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I lost a war against ottomans and they made me give up core on Albania and release Corfu...but jokes on them I conquered Corfu when the truce ran out!!! I also alliance chained Cyprus by attacking Athens, and Rhodes joined in too so My Byz vassal is getting buff. I keep Cyprus to fabricate tho.

Corffffffuuuuuuuu.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

i tried an iroqouis game just to see if they made it less loving homo with conquest of paradise

its actually p sweet, there's stuff to do and north americans can do more besides sit there and slowly upgrade tech after conquering their 2 or 3 neighbors

meso/south america did not get touched at all and is still AWFUL. they didnt even port the unique ideas they get from ck2 converter into vanilla wtf. i thought all new world nations sucked but turns out that just inca/aztec, north america is decently fun to play now. maybe it will suck poo poo balls once england and france show up though.

If I learned anything from my pueblo game I would suggest making a navy that can maybe destroy those guy's boats if you can because it seems like chances are they'll have at least decent armies and decent navies and you'll maybe have one or the other and navies are kinda easier to deal with.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plus kinda by virtue unless you were able to colonize most of NA before the 1500s their just gonna have more dudes to throw at you in general.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I might try Pueblo again and expand to California right off and fend off the Spaniards.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

France deliberately just sat on a province they didn't even want to max out my war exhaustion, so I hate them, both in game and in real life.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I bought this entirely on principle but I hope it's cool when I get around to playing it. Cheers mateys.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Has anyone in the history of ever used the divorce option? It seems like they hate you less for murdering your wife than actually divorcing them.

I divorce occasionally if I can't afford assassinating her.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Quite often the first thing I would do if I am stuck with a female heir who succeeds but is married patrilineally is divorce him because the pope hating me isn't as annoying as other dynasties or my vassals hating me. Also, role playing purposes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Does it call itself Eire now or did you do that.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

DICKHEAD posted:

calls itself. i dunno if it's just an early game thing or if it was part of the patch

It didn't turn into that when I played so it must be one of those.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Which is sort of cool since of all things I would never have imagined in this game, Scotland becoming "Alba" when it's run by Irish kings is fairly win.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I miss strannik's hand-drawn map for EU3. :sigh:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is it just not possible to do with the current engine or what.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Perfection... :sigh:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Island nations look really sick with it as well.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

DICKHEAD posted:

I need more national ideas so I feel like playing countries

Same.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What if you want to try to survive as Tver.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ukrainian Ideas would be a Godsend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think Ukrainians get Russian Ideas.