Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
chalk me up as another incorrigible mapgamer. I'm out of the game to an extent at the moment though, waiting for the next big Victoria 3 update I think

not totally out though because I'm caning Total War Warhammer, which is at least mapgame adjacent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Plutonis posted:

The EU4 expansion sucks but at least it adds cool UI possibilities for mods and fixes administrative and Vic3 apparently will be like CK3 where the expansions just add annoying poo poo for free and you have to pay for how to deal with them.

what's the deal with the EU4 expansion, is it as much of a shitshow as Johan's last hurrah

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Arrhythmia posted:

Eu4 after art of war came out was the best game in history and they hosed it up!!!

this is the truth

every DLC after it adding another loving mechanic like estates or whatever. tedious

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Plutonis posted:

speaking of mods i really wish TNO released more poo poo other than 10 years of content for a single country every 6 months because i really liked this fan content thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X3KTQcSsEY

I wish that 70% of the TNO mod team wasn't made up of 17-year-olds but you can't have everything I guess

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

mbt posted:

ive only played eu4 seriously for about two weeks and estates aren't that bad. i had a friend walk me through and tell me what everything was and if i needed to pay attention to it. estates was 'just pick these options then forget it exists' mechanics. click 'siege crown land' constantly if you remember

they're okay as a mechanic they just don't add much of value and they're yet another thing to keep track of. a lot of the DLC adds mechanics like that and it all piles up and becomes boring to deal with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Plutonis posted:

Like the new coup mechanics on vicky

yeah that stuff is cool, I like the sound of agitators too. historical ones are neat but dynamic ones are most interesting given how wacky the world can end up