Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

BBJoey posted:

One of the dev diaries said they didn’t incorporate any way to direct AI allies because they hoped the AI would be good enough without any player direction, which is just, lmao

I can see what they're going for, being just medium okay at strategy allows you to run circles around the ai, letting you direct allies means youre playing chess with extra pieces on your side. It's really frustrating watching the ai do gently caress all though, maybe that's true to life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Average Bear posted:

I will always push Fall From Heaven 2 for Civ 4 as the best fantasy strategy game out there.

QFT

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Average Bear posted:

I highly recommend it. Civ4 modding was the best there ever was for Civ games.

this.

a new dawn is another good (historical) one

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Plutonis posted:

top hat goblin...

ralph pootawn, esq.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ive only played eu4 seriously for about two weeks and estates aren't that bad. i had a friend walk me through and tell me what everything was and if i needed to pay attention to it. estates was 'just pick these options then forget it exists' mechanics. click 'siege crown land' constantly if you remember

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Like the new coup mechanics on vicky

hopefully it can happen to ai major powers too so every game isnt the britain vs germany show

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

There's no byzantium in space so I don't care

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

new agitator system is good, makes laws a lot more consistent. i think that part of the game is too easy though.
they need more country specific flavor like france has. eu4 country-specific missions are fun

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

anbennar update. eu4 dlc update. where is the imp multiplayer i've been promised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

the anbennar update "featuring" the lizards of fantasy africa doesn't even have mission trees for them. maybe next update.

You wouldn't catch me playing one anyway. Bulwar forever