Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I always try to play as an African nation, which makes Vicky 2 hard but CK2 and EU4 really easy, fast tracking to westernization as Mali in CK2 and having free reign to colonize basically all of Africa and Mexico+South America is pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Mobzy posted:

which mapgame is noob-friendly? i own ck2, eu3 and 4

CK2 is the easiest to get into I would say, but EU4 is really fun.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Do I need any other DLC for EU4 other than Conquest of Paradise? I think the only other one is like, a $20 expansion pack all about the Netherlands so it might not be worth it.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Would you consider the Total War series map games? I mean, it's basically the same concept and the Total War series does have some turds but also some good A+ fun games.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Oh man, I didn't even know about the Charlemagne DLC. Playing some kind of fat, drunkard impaler who's locked himself in his castle sounds like a welcome change from the genius supermen I usually play as.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm doing a Songhai game in EU4 and it is going fantastically. I westernized in the 1550s and am now racing to get colonies in Uruguay and Brazil while waiting for my tech to catch up to everyone else. I'm only like, 4 levels behind so I'm sure it'll be done soon. In the 1600s I guess I'll try to get stuff in India and South East Asia. It would be great if anyone knew a good way to increase your prestige, I went from like, the 16th ranked nation before westernization to the 36th because of all the prestige hits and dynasty changes I went through.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I just had my Songhai game end because Portugal decided to annex the entirety of West Africa and fought me in a bunch of different wars where they landed their entire army on my coasts which is like 42 dudes and crushed me. It sucks to, because we have the same military tech, you just don't have a lot of places to get army tradition in africa so their super generals would kill my dudes when facing 1:3 odds. I only have like, the Kongo and everything west of Mali at the start, but they want literally all of my territory and just keep attacking and I have no idea what to do.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I started on ironman to get the achievement for taking Timbuktu, so no luck there, I'm afraid.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I already got the achievement so tell me what to do, I am angry at the videogame portugese and need help turning Lisbon into New Timbuktu.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I finally figured out how a cool trade secret in eu4 that'll let me beat portugal. If you can force all of the trade nodes in a continent to flow into your home trade province you can get rich as gently caress very easily, especially with high mercantilism

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I always thought that mercantilism was bad because it didn't let you collect in other nodes, I didn't realize that transfer trade power with a majority trade bonus or w/e makes the trade post you use it in a desolate wasteland with no money to be had.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
This technically isnt a mapgame in multiplayer, but the multiplayer in Mount and Blade Warband and the Napoleon expansion is so freaking fun and good! I cant wait for Bannerlord to come out and establish paradox's hegemony over mapgames.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
You should always give a game a vanilla run first or at least try it vanilla to get a feel for the gameplay and what you would like changed.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Sid Meier's Pirates is one of the best map games known to man.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

http://youtu.be/6FyEo28V5fA?list=UUoGGaYP3n6PMGl_NGXkP2hg

Here's a vid where they talk about it.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I cannot freaking wait for charlemagne, a divided mauretania means that expansion over there will be easier than ever.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Uh, yeah dudes, that's what the kingdom is called in the game, I understand getting confused if you're not a real mapgamer though.

I'm sorry for getting snippy, It's been the 14th for a while and Charlemagne still isn't loving out.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Now im embarassed.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Yet another hater owned by the pewds :(

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I didn't know that the upgrade decision for tribes didn't apply to every holding so the merchant republic of pommerania went from having 5000 soldiers to 500 and everyone declared war on me because I converted to catholicism to do it.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I picked Nantes in the old gods startdate and invaded Mauretania and converted to islam for the viking ummah achievement, but like, half of the land their is tribal but if you organize them into counts and put them under a feudal duke you can like, just call up all their levies and get a shitload of troops.

Buschmaki fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Oct 16, 2014

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
only tribes with a fully upgraded hillfort turn feudal, but you can take the decision whenever at least one of your tribal holdings has a fully upgraded hillfort, so you can only turn your capital feudal or turn half of your holdings feudal and so on.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I can expel and welcome back the jews as like, a count, did you get a liege somehow or something?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Expelling and welcoming worked fine in my tribal game, your poo poo's probably bugged out. Wait for a patch to fix it I guess?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Paradox never gave anything to the Wizman. That he didn't, didn't already have

His mods weren't very good from the beginning, CK2+ was kinda bloated and bad.

So please, believe in me, when I say

Wiz is really gay gay gay gay.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
No offense to the Wiz, whenever I get a song idea that involves videogames I just gotta share it with the people, fellow gamers and bred'ren.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The only hope you have as Abyssinia is to take parts of Arabia (not Mecca or Medina unless you like fighting every muslim in the world) and thrn just stockpiling money so you can buy a shitload of mercs and just crush Egypt's levies, it usually works out better as the Seljuks and Abbasids are usually way less stable than independent Egypt.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I've never played in Ireland because islands are way too static, Poland is actually a pro-tier starting choice in every bookmark, though. Being one of the Polish High Chiefs will help you learn about de jure realms and expansion strategies, while the king of poland in the 1066 bookmark is really handy if you want to get the hang of managing vassals since you get a good amount of counts and dukes who aren't too powerful.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Yeah, that is true, although in the last king of poland game I played I managed to invade hungary and inherit the byzantines, so you have enough time to build a powerbase for the mongols, who are your end-game.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Do missionaries actually convert provinces or just people? I've never had them convert a province, so missionaries are really useless. The best way to convert your kingdom is to convert from a concubine at medium organization so that you can revoke everyone's titles in your realm and divvy them all up to idiots and relatives to make a crazy powerful country.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Once you get revocation of infidel titles for free in your laws, you can literally kick out anyone of a different religion than you and no one will care, then just use the piety/gold options to invite a bunch of same culture/religion courtiers to take their place. I think Paradox really messed up with the missionary mechanic, because once you convert you can just tell everyone who likes you to convert as well.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Cheating at these games defeats the entire purpose... smdh...

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The Caliphate cheevo is a great one to get, but it doesn't make for an interesting long game sadly.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
You also start with enough prestige to prepare an invasion from turn one, it means you can basically take any kingdom you can establish contact with.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
You have to click on a province and there should be a little crown that says make capital, I dont think you can do it to a title thats the wrong type though, and that includes barony to tribe and vice versa.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I played the HoI 3 tutorial with Hitler and even that couldnt have me begin to understand the game.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Republics are basically money machines that let you stomp over everyone else and have some really cool mechanics for making money.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Fabricate claims is the only way I know of to get a count herbert start going and it's so loving boring that I can't imagine that people just play the game like that.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
There's a post on the next page about how some dude had trouble getting enough prestige to declare kingdoms and empires so he lowered it, does literally everyone in games cheat or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Is there anything useful to do with satan's child if they're a girl and you're muslim? I was thinking of keeping her in jail until I can marry her off to the Caliph's court because getting murdered right now would majorly suck.