Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Major Isoor posted:

Hey, how's CK3 these days, if anyone ITT has been playing it in recent times? I only played it a little bit at release to check it out, then decided to shelve it for a while until some more content has been added for peacetime, etc. I assume the expansion content (at least, the royal court one) is necessary at this point? Since after looking at it it seems similar in content to what Way of Life added for CK2, in some ways.

I wouldn't call any of it all that necessary, really. You are right that royal court would be the main one I'd get if it were me because it applies to every culture/religion combo there is. Only problem is you only have a court if you're kingdom/empire tier. I do like northern lords tho because it adds some flavor and the adventurer cb it gives the norse can result in some cool invasions and conquests. Fate of Iberia is cool but it doesn't feel like there's a lot to it. I like the system it introduces and I hope they do a lot more with it going forward but I'm not holding my breath. Overall though I've liked em all pretty well.

lol rip 2 my wallet

Also more than anything I want them to put merchant republics back in the game, that would kick rear end with royal court.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Aug 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

In Training posted:

Yup. All of it. I would recommend purchasing about $2000 - $3000 worth of DLC. It's all worth it.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Thinking of getting that one when it comes out. I see a lot of people raving about the Vicky games and just never got around to trying em. Prolly wait and see what people say when it's out.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I think the conflict mechanics in the Iberian peninsula they added in CK3 is cool but if that's all they ever do with it that would be a shame. I hope they do similar things in other regions/historical conflicts.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

that seems pretty cool, they should do the same for their other mapgames

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!