Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

*makes the retarded Austria face* Durrr, hey rando little 3 province minorplease stop beating up Burgundy and getting all out imperial provinces back because I'm too fat and gay to do it myself!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

Charlemagne Patch and DLC features list

DLC:
- New 769 Bookmark
- The Chronicle
- Custom Kingdoms and Empires
- Viceroys
- Events & Decisions supporting the early start date
- Various Story and Flavour events

Patch:
- Regency Overhaul
- Seasonal Effects
- Vassal Limit
- Tribes
- Elective Gavelkind

Have they said what elective gavelkind is.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

They should just let you parcel out your property in a will before you die instead of the random retard poo poo they do now.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

yeah the way it normally worked in real life is if you could afford it your first 2-3 sons would get some land and the others would just get some cash or horses and armor and told to go do their thing

I don;t even care about all of your sons getting stuff but...I hate not having control over who gets what, especially if it's gonna mess with ducal borders.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

OkieMurse posted:

Let me get this straight - they are trying to introduce anti-blob mechanics in an expansion names after one of the greatest French rulers of all time who ruled France at one of its Big Blue Blobbiest times???

It fell apart though...which is what they want to happen naturally in game.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I think my favourite change is that annoying republic event that made you lose republic tradition or monarch points now gives you republic tradition of you choose the monarch point option.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What do y'all recommend I do with Netherlands now that I formed them...It's like 1525 and I took colonisation 3rd and I think I can get the jump on India, but I dunno if getting North American scraps might be worth it too.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

It won't be. Just focus on getting all the money of india and the orient over to the netherlands imho. Do you have Res Publica? I kinda wanna check out the new Dutch government mechanics.

Oh yeah that reminds me... in Art of War they're removing the western europe node (thank god)

Yeah I do. I can't tell what changes are from that DLC and can't be bothered looking them up, but I really like monarch point focus. Also probably gonna let Calvinism take over to try out the fervour thing.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What do you do with Trade Companies?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What the gently caress is up with Dutch republic...you can't reelect dudes, so I'm stuck with gimpy tards forever.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What the gently caress is up with Dutch republic...you can't reelect dudes, so I'm stuck with gimpy tards forever.

Oh you get random rulers like a monarchy or something. You choose between a statist or a monarchist.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

MAn they dish out some insane stat rulers too. I've had a 6/5/5 and the others haven't been much worse.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Reformed is so epic now. I really like switching my fervour focus. Trade focus is so good in peace, but the war and stab bonuses have their place too. I used the stab one when I first switch and I had a single revolt that came from an event.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Reformed Trade focus + Netherlands ideas + Dutch Republic Statists...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm doing the Venice chieve...what would be the best way to get CBs on Mamlukes/Moldova to get the trade provinces I want.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Now just have to figure out what to do about Ottomans.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I have Ragusa and Constantinople and now I'm making le retard face and wondering what to do next.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

You can;t even do that awesome start where you'd overwhelm them with galleys bfore you blockaded them with one ship per port until they died from rebels anymore.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I just assume that everything with mountains will roll mountains anyway, but the river crossing thing is a godsend.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Map Gamer Feels: you're laying in bed, but you can't sleep because you keep trying to think up strats for a game you're playing/planning.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

yeah excetp i also think Pretty Borders are dumb............

LEave. Noew.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I was so angry at the post I couldn;t even typoe properly.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

/jakeface

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Just had a cool early war against Austria as venice. I attacked Ferrara thinking that Austria might not join because htye were fighting Burgundy, but the fuckers joined any way. I actually got completely wiped, but managed to restore my army in Venizia with mercs and steal Ferrara and then Wien before peacing out with a hearty lol. I think the only thing that really saved me from gettign my rear end kicked was the morale bonus from Aristocrats faction.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I always forget that the AI takes zero naval attrition instead of just having a maximum blockade range or something so I get poo poo like Denmark blockading Ragusa at dip tech 3. Someone please smash the Wiz's head in with a cinder block.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lmao. I loving stomped Poland thanks to morale bonus + 1 tech ahead and NO terrain bonuses. 40 units versus 18 and my leader was a crummy 3 fire 1 shock guy. Boom thanks I'll take Bessarabia.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Coring Ragusa, Constantinople, Ferrara and Bessarabia and it's 1457 and I have zero admin points and still on tech 3...lol.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Cool thing about owning Bessarabia. The hordes will beat the crap out of Crimea while ottomans go Durrr...DURRR because you won;t give them mil access.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lawman 0 posted:

need a cool start in EU4 that's different now stat.

Try Venetian Sea and share strats with me.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I lost a war against ottomans and they made me give up core on Albania and release Corfu...but jokes on them I conquered Corfu when the truce ran out!!! I also alliance chained Cyprus by attacking Athens, and Rhodes joined in too so My Byz vassal is getting buff. I keep Cyprus to fabricate tho.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

is the byzantium 1444 start even possible. wtf.

also to that other guy, ya i had sunset invasion on. they killed all the north african muslims for me but took insane losses so i just walked in and cleaned up. there's only one province that even made it to aztec culture.

Byz start was possible a few patches ago...I've done it twice. I'm doing Venice now though.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Corffffffuuuuuuuu.

I just imagined a Rage Guy in a Fez, or a giant turban yelling that and laughed.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

i got insta-conquered by ottomans but then i restarted and they went to war with the hordes instead, so they were distracted. one of the black sea minors conquered one of my cores so i jumped in and annexed their whole lovely nation. i feel like its gonna be a long string of battles like that, where i just beat up some poo poo-idiot that got missed by the ottomans

You need to butter up Austria, or Poland imo.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

There is literally no downside to mercantilism. Crank it really high and increases the TP you get from provinces. It's really good if you own the CoTs and Estuaries.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Beating the poo poo out of the Ottomans early game almost feels as good as beating the poo poo out of France.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It's even cooler when QQ won't give them mil access because they got buff and rivalled them so their big stack just sits in Anatolia and cries.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

All of the important Map Gamers are already my Steam Friends.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Map Gamer feels: Looking at the screenshots of the Unit DLC because you know you'll never notice it in game.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pewdiepie posted:

This is sparta!!!! *kicks the fucktarded op into a well

What he deuce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It's so insanely bullshit they made a whole ex pack for the new world and literally did not bother touching central/south america.