Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korthal
May 26, 2011

I just got five of them to add to my collection of poo poo that takes up my inventory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I thought about it once but they don't work during sales so welp

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I got one for 85% off Duke Nukem 3D and used that, but I never used any of the 9,001 I received since

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
No

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
i traded some once to a friend in exchange for cards which i crafted into a badge

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Yeah, for tales of monkey island

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

They are cumulative with other sales and typically apply themselves automatically to purchases, so yea, I have.

Granted, I never bought a game because I had a coupon, more I had a coupon when I bought the game.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

All the ones I've got so far are for fail+aids indie games that will eventually be found in some dogshit bundle
except the Heavy Bullets one, that one seems promising and will be eventually found in some dogshit bundle

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

I want to say yes but I'm pretty sure the answer is actually no...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Had a bitch of a time getting rid of the five Dead Island MOBA invites I got from the Summer Sale. I didn't even want those sitting in my inventory.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i held onto a pixel piracy one for the longest time but i soon discovered you can't double up discounts and i was like 'gently caress that'

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I did but I forget which game.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

havent used a single one, OP

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Na but I remember during the steam coal thing they gave out publisher-wide coupons and I got a bethesda one. That's right, 50% off for a just-released Skyrim
Traded it away for tf2 hats though.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.
I used the Nidhogg one and gave a friend the Endless Space one who had a boner for that game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
yep, quite a few. Steam sends me poo poo for like90% off and it's always for poo poo on my wish list. good deals there! also given away some coupons to friend for games I know they want with similar percent off. [I check dem wishlists ]

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Had a bitch of a time getting rid of the five Dead Island MOBA invites I got from the Summer Sale. I didn't even want those sitting in my inventory.

Wait... there's a Dead Island MOBA? Why? In what loving bizarro world is there a demand for this?

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

yes also look at u caring about ur steam inv

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
i havent OP because I only seem to get coupons for long dead multiplayer games and stupid poo poo like that

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

metricchip posted:

Wait... there's a Dead Island MOBA? Why? In what loving bizarro world is there a demand for this?

There isn't a demand for dead island anything but that doesn't stop them from making the poo poo.

I got a coupon for gauntlet and was thinking about getting it but lots of people say it's kinda bad so I dunno.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Every coupon is 10% off some 15-20 dollar game and they don't stack. Steam coupons are loving useless

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

metricchip posted:

Dead Island owns. MOBAs own.

gently caress off gamer poser troll.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Gobblecoque posted:

Dead Island owns. MOBAs own.

gently caress off gamer poser troll.

lol

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
one time I got a 90%-off coupon for this hunk of poo poo: http://store.steampowered.com/app/253980/

some drunk goblins:

the player chugging a potion:

dead-rear end lanky kong werewolf thing:

an example of the game's "stunning visuals":

I would have played more, but poo poo would crash every half hour or so. it played like a really sloppy Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

That looks legit incredible

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
i mean for 2003 that must have looked pretty great

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

5 25% off pixel piracy coupons. Do not stack.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I liked that game even though it goes it poo poo really quickly.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

I used a 90% 0ff coupon for Serious Sam 3: BFE because I thought it was a really great deal. then I noticed the game is always on sale for 90% off. steam coupons are loving useless

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

ive never bought a game on steam i just buy hunble bundles and get gifts

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Schnedwob posted:

one time I got a 90%-off coupon for this hunk of poo poo: http://store.steampowered.com/app/253980/

some drunk goblins:

the player chugging a potion:

dead-rear end lanky kong werewolf thing:

an example of the game's "stunning visuals":

I would have played more, but poo poo would crash every half hour or so. it played like a really sloppy Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

was this an xbox game originally?

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
dark messiah might and magic was sick. they should make more first person sword games with good physics

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Mercurochrome posted:

steam coupons are loving useless

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

klapman posted:

i mean for 2003 that must have looked pretty great

having played the original when it came out i can confirm this the texture quality was really hard to beat at the time

also the music was amazing

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Brasseye posted:

dark messiah might and magic was sick. they should make more first person sword games with good physics

i've beaten that game like 3 times and wish there were like a million mod campaigns now

Mung Dynasty posted:

having played the original when it came out i can confirm this the texture quality was really hard to beat at the time

also the music was amazing

yeah considering morrowind came out on xbox in like 2002 that's some pretty good poo poo

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

There isn't a demand for dead island anything but that doesn't stop them from making the poo poo.

I got a coupon for gauntlet and was thinking about getting it but lots of people say it's kinda bad so I dunno.

who are these people? I've been enjoying it as a valkyrie/elf not a fan of the wizard or barb though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
they hang out with the trading card beta invites, the airmech beta invites and my giftable copy of TF2 I got when portal 2 released.

• Locked thread