Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Dreaming here (what if??):

The new dragon team (ghetto no ss team):

Levi ^
Baha ^
Seiryu
White Dragon ^
Tiamat ^
??????

The weekly challenge is no go without Samatha ^ or Koko ^ it looks like, if youre trying to get sub 1:00. Very Brave Frontier.

Interesting thing about the challenge in related to ^ units: While your pre-determined skills are scaled down to level 15, the 4 skills you select are ignored and only the first slot will be used. Any skill you put in there will be used, regardless of what level you acquired it on the non-^ version.
Looks like the 4 equippable skill slots do not store the levels of the skills because a ^ acquires them all at level 1 and the scaling only affects the slots that you can have (so slot 1 is the only one available.)

Some workinprogress pics just for fun:

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

The weekly challenge is no go without Samatha ^ or Koko ^ it looks like, if youre trying to get sub 1:00. Very Brave Frontier.

I used Samatha /\ so I can't really talk, but I think instead of her you could use anyone who has an Area attack localized around themselves in the right slots. That's really the most important thing she does in this fight. Off the top of my head, I know Grace can do that. The best would be if they were a swordsman.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

I managed to get 1:05 just using four sword characters without any AOE skills, but a lot of that was restarting the challenge until the enemies bunched up together in the right way (and even then I needed two turns to kill the second wave).
Sub 1:00 is probably possible without AOE skills but you'd need to get incredibly lucky with where the enemies move so you can still kill them in one turn just with pincer attacks.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I'm getting back into this game and I can't imagine ever upgrading someone to their Lambda version without burning out on the grind. I really wish there was more variety -- outside of Metal Zones and 20-1 when I feel like no other place would be worth my time.

I also have no mages, but I've just about saved up 50 energy and I'm ready to hit that 10+1 deal whenever it rolls around next.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Puzzle Thing posted:

I used Samatha /\ so I can't really talk, but I think instead of her you could use anyone who has an Area attack localized around themselves in the right slots. That's really the most important thing she does in this fight. Off the top of my head, I know Grace can do that. The best would be if they were a swordsman.

I tried using Grace, but the lovely bat things just barely survive even with an SS mage firing two spells. I guess I'll be recoding some stuff if I can stand it.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

RoboCicero posted:

I'm getting back into this game and I can't imagine ever upgrading someone to their Lambda version without burning out on the grind. I really wish there was more variety -- outside of Metal Zones and 20-1 when I feel like no other place would be worth my time.

I also have no mages, but I've just about saved up 50 energy and I'm ready to hit that 10+1 deal whenever it rolls around next.

That deal was amazing, and I got two SS mages out of the deal.

I wish they would have DNA recode available for sub-SS characters though.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

Solkanar512 posted:

That deal was amazing, and I got two SS mages out of the deal.

I wish they would have DNA recode available for sub-SS characters though.

I was able to save enough energy to do a 10x pull over the 3 times they had it and of my 6 guaranteed S/SS/Z, I got Amisandra and Gaiga and the rest were not really important enough to remember. So 30 total pulls and I only got two SS but I guess Amisandra was a pretty good catch.

And they do currently have DNA recodes for Leviathan/Bahamut/Odin and Lich/Marilith currently. Coming soon is Puprope/Alika/Gegonago/Raijin and I think those four are all below SS.

Lambda upgrades are a real grind for sure. I grinded Samatha/Koko/Lewto/Olber/Amisandra to Lambda, and currently working on Levi/Baha/Odin. I'm not really in a hurry since I don't get much time to play games these days so the pacing of Terrabattle is pretty good for me.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

I'd probably log in an play if I had access to A'misandra. Ever since the Λ characters were added; the sheer mountain of grind has prevented me from even bothering to log in for free energy.

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
I still login for the free energy and check this thread for free codes but that's about it. Grinding away at this game got old pretty fast.

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!
I like the lambda grind just cause it's a nice, chill thing to work at between events. I wouldn't have much to do otherwise.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Puzzle Thing posted:

I like the lambda grind just cause it's a nice, chill thing to work at between events. I wouldn't have much to do otherwise.

Pretty much this, until (if ever) they implement PVP and a bigger variety of events there just isnt a whole lot to do (especially since one chapter at a time being released means there wont be a full storymode to work on at any point per se as we'll be done with it all by the time its fully released.) So at least I can just open the game up run 23-4 until stamina runs out and be done until late in the day. It's really perfect time commitment required/time away required balance for a casual game.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Just wanted to post here that I finally got my Zael from the collab. I've not been playing recently, I just restarted within the past few days or so. It feels great to have this limited unit, even if it ends up just being a trophy.

I just want to say, however, gently caress whoever thought a 50s challenge was a good idea. :mad:

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Gift code: aPJhGtF3TRcayZXE

1 stamina, 2 exp boost, 3 fellowship tickets.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
Does anyone still play this? I've been playing it more regularly lately and recently crafted myself a Yukken Lambda.

Also, the Jade Dragon event was pretty sweet; sure, the Jade Dragon's not the best, but it was easy to skill-boost it up to 100% because Pro Negotiator meant you could capture it easily every single time you fought it.

They just released Companions, which are accessories (that can be leveled up) you can equip on your characters. You can purchase similar to the Pact of Truth/Fellowship.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Casull posted:

Does anyone still play this? I've been playing it more regularly lately and recently crafted myself a Yukken Lambda.

Also, the Jade Dragon event was pretty sweet; sure, the Jade Dragon's not the best, but it was easy to skill-boost it up to 100% because Pro Negotiator meant you could capture it easily every single time you fought it.

They just released Companions, which are accessories (that can be leveled up) you can equip on your characters. You can purchase similar to the Pact of Truth/Fellowship.

I do. It's fun though content is a bit sparse after finishing main storyline and there haven't been any really "game-changing" features added that really mix up the way you play. It's still a high quality product, but it feels more like a "console" game that gets updated as opposed to a mobile game at this point.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

I'm still playing, mostly a quick drop-in and running whatever metal dungeon is up to get some xp.

I do need to grab a boatload of animatrons at some point, but haven't sat down to do it.

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!

Casull posted:

Missing the 5 energy prize by so close really sucked :(

I've been clearing the PoF and just saving up for a 10 pull.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
"Hmm, coming up on hundred days consecutive. Wonder what I get-" 1 day consecutive logon "FUUUCK!"

Haven't played much since.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

SumYungGui posted:

"Hmm, coming up on hundred days consecutive. Wonder what I get-" 1 day consecutive logon "FUUUCK!"

It's just the same thing as days 92, 84, 76, etc.

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
Still playing here. I'm kind of amazed at how much loot I managed to haul from chapter 20 on Item Drop Up day.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

demota posted:

Still playing here. I'm kind of amazed at how much loot I managed to haul from chapter 20 on Item Drop Up day.

Heads up, Coin dungeons are in the arena at half stamina for a few days.

I calculated I need 841 PoF pulls to clear it out completely.

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!

SumYungGui posted:

Your consecutive bonus resets after you get the 3 energy. For bonuses on 100,150, 200 etc those come on from total days logged in, so you can't miss them.

Howdy
Jan 25, 2005
Still play occasionally but seems like the only thing really left once you clear the new story dungeon or the odd event is grinding your good characters up, maybe creating some Lambdas (and then grinding them up). Kind of a slog at this point.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Howdy posted:

Still play occasionally but seems like the only thing really left once you clear the new story dungeon or the odd event is grinding your good characters up, maybe creating some Lambdas (and then grinding them up). Kind of a slog at this point.

The new companion system adds a lot more depth to the game, since you can give any character almost any skill (with a few exceptions).

Heck, there's a magazine in Japan right now with a code to get a one-time revival skill companion you can attach to anyone.

I expect the future levels to be absolutely murder to compensate.

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!
There's also Hard Mode which just went up, and apparently it's absolutely crushing. I haven't tried it yet tho.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
Hunting the Jade Dragon is back until September 2. The Jade Dragon isn't the best unit, per se, but having someone with Pro Negotiator means that Jade Dragon will drop 100% of the time in Route A, meaning you can easily farm it up to 100% SB.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
This thread has been dead for a while.

If you log in you will get the SS mage Lucia (Terra Battle's take on Wizard of Oz Dorthy) free. There will be events to recode her to Z status. She does a non-elemental type magic attack and has some sort of magic resistance at 65.

quote:

As some of you know, DeAgostini Japan recently published volume 0 of a Terra Battle magazine in Japan, with plans to publish an additional ten volumes biweekly if this issue sold at least 55,555 copies. Unfortunately, this sales goal was not reached, so publication of volumes 1 through 10 has been cancelled.

We're sorry to disappoint those of you who were looking forward to the new issues, but we have good news as well. Terra Battle and DeAgostini have agreed on a new collaboration.

The character Lucia was originally planned as a bonus gift with volume 1, but we will now be offering her as a gift to all Terra Battle players. In addition, we're planning a variety of in-game events that will allow you to collect the monsters and items required to recode her into Lucia Λ.

http://www.terra-battle.com/en/news/2015/09/bwtb110.html

Don't know if you get Lucia by making a new account.

Also PvP events should be eminent.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Lucia is really nice even though she only has 1 job. I got to here to Lvl 55 via Metal Zones and she helps me clear out chapters quickly. I'm still slowly making my way to Ch 30+ :yayclod:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Huh, didn't know there was a thread for this game.

I started playing a couple months ago and I was surprised at how much fun it is. I haven't pulled a single character mage so far, but I've managed to make it to chapter 34 nonetheless. Now I've hit a brick wall. Chapter 34 is nothing but horrible ice monsters that wipe my party in seconds. After several attempts I still can't get past the second battle in the first stage. I've got no ice mitigation whatsoever, and my team just can't kill these monsters in a single turn. Am I screwed until I get lucky in the tavern, or are there some strategies for tackling Ch 34 with no mages?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
:toot: Final Fantasy Collab :toot:

quote:

As part of our collaboration with Mobius Final Fantasy, a Special Quest will be available from 10/9/2015 5:00 PM to 10/31/2015 4:59 PM (PDT).

The Mobius Final Fantasy Quest will be available at the [Arena]. It will feature exclusive characters and companions, and some of your favorite friends from Mobius Final Fantasy will make a special appearance.

Please check the Terra Battle Development Room Vol.2 planned for broadcast on 10/9 (Fri) and in-game messages for details. We hope you have fun!

http://www.terra-battle.com/en/news/2015/10/-201510102015111.html

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Draw 10 get 2 guaranteed S rank character event is now up.

Got a Gugba so guess I'm good too go for the future.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Yeah, I lucked out and got both Rikken and Gugba. I have two people with Negotiator Pro now which should make PoT farming easy-peasy (if I can every work up the effort to do it).

Tried the VS battle, but the 25 level limit really emphasizes level-independent boosts. Got utterly wrecked by a team with maxed out companions, maxed out SB, and, most importantly, recoded mages. They went first and I immediately lost two characters :gonk:

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

RoboCicero posted:

Tried the VS battle, but the 25 level limit really emphasizes level-independent boosts. Got utterly wrecked by a team with maxed out companions, maxed out SB, and, most importantly, recoded mages. They went first and I immediately lost two characters :gonk:

Yeah, what the poo poo? The team I'm facing right now has six lambda characters.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

RoboCicero posted:

Yeah, I lucked out and got both Rikken and Gugba. I have two people with Negotiator Pro now which should make PoT farming easy-peasy (if I can every work up the effort to do it).

I actually did VS battle and destroyed my enemy really quickly without realizing it. I didn't do it again because I kind of felt bad because while I went through it, I could tell we both didn't know was going on so I ended up getting the drop on him.

Yeah, I'm a big softie

e:

Solkanar512 posted:

Yeah, what the poo poo? The team I'm facing right now has six lambda characters.

SPEND MONEY :retrogames:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Solkanar512 posted:

I have 5 lambda characters. Did't pull a single one :shrug:. I'll have Gegonago tomorrow to bring it to 6. 3 are only avalible in game: bahamut, marlith and lich.

Edit: and I don't use all my stamina every day.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 9, 2015

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

There's no chance in hell that you'd get a balanced PvP mode in a P2W game.

My 10 pull was pretty fruitful. I got Olber, Gaiga, A'misandra, and Puprope. Once I grind these people up maybe I'll finally have a shot at chapter 34.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Solkanar512 posted:

Ok. Lol. I see now. Some of these matchups are completely onesided. One match I get obliterated by an all Z team. Next I'm facing opponents using D otomo. Some balance please.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
A'MISANDRA Lambda is out of control. Heals everyone up to full every turn in PvP. No chance to beat a team with that.

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!
I got A'misandra and Lewto in the 10 pull, I was so excited. I can't wait to try out Extend Chain. I've never paid, but I've been super lucky with the PoT since like the beggining too, so I have alot of recodes. PvP is actually super fun, but it's way more fun to get an even match-up, and not just crush peeps with an avalanche of Z. The Lizard Cup might be alot better for that, since there are alot fewer lizardfolk Z units.

My fave part is prob always the events, and there's a whole bunch coming up soon, what with the FF Mobius event, Golem Hunting, and Lucia stuff. I should prob also try hard mode once I'm done recoding my new chars, I hear it's incredibly difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
FF event has 4 possible routes.

Killing everything super fast got me S rank Echo.

• Locked thread