Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
WHYYYYYYYYY
I rolled the PoT with the guaranteed S+, and what happens?
I get Jennish.

I have JennishΛ already, I don't need old man Jennish anymore. Why did you do this to me game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
God dammit the FF event is tiered route B has you going up against lv 66 Omega which is a brick wall.

EzEight fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 10, 2015

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!
The first time I went that route Tonberry King split me open and stomped on the remains.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I don't suppose anyone has a good starter account saved or a transfer code? I lost my tablet but I want far enough along in the game to go to the trouble of trying to recover the account.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
At least for new players you can get a Ochu companion. Just kill all Ochu's Microchus and wait a round for it to say something and you get the drop.

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
Any idea how to get the other companions? The wikia lists them, but doesn't actually say how to get them.

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem

demota posted:

Any idea how to get the other companions? The wikia lists them, but doesn't actually say how to get them.

In the Tavern, where there is an option to recruit, there should be another to "find companions" you can use energy and coin to get them, just like with regular characters. To level them up though, you have to do the Metal hour things to get metal companions that you feed to them. Without fail I think you always get 3 metal companions from the metal hours time zones.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Notinghamington posted:

In the Tavern, where there is an option to recruit, there should be another to "find companions" you can use energy and coin to get them, just like with regular characters. To level them up though, you have to do the Metal hour things to get metal companions that you feed to them. Without fail I think you always get 3 metal companions from the metal hours time zones.

Depends how many metal monsters drop in the level and how many you kill.

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!

demota posted:

Do you mean the other companions for the FF event? You get the tonberry one from killing the weak tonberry during that tonberry march floor, and you get the mog one from beating the boss on the D route. The only way to get there is to unlock all of Echo's jobs and have her in your party.

demota
Aug 12, 2003

Puzzle Thing posted:

Do you mean the other companions for the FF event? You get the tonberry one from killing the weak tonberry during that tonberry march floor, and you get the mog one from beating the boss on the D route. The only way to get there is to unlock all of Echo's jobs and have her in your party.

Ick. I don't think I've gotten a chance to see the Tonberry march floor. I guess that'll require Echo's second job?

Sorry for the confusion, Notinghamington. :downs: I should have been a lot clearer.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
http://terrabattle.wikia.com/wiki/Mobius_Final_Fantasy
Read the comments as it is your best source of info on the Wiki.

FYI Route B,C,D have insane super bosses and higher lv mooks. Click the mini bosses/monsters on the wiki to get an idea of their gimmicks Tonberry can nuke your entire team if you hit all of them.

A is the default.

Route B is to have Echo Job 1, min lv35. Big Mog will pop in on battle 5 hit him to go to Route B.

Route C needs Echo to be Job 2 min lv 35 Terra Mog pops in on Battle 3 hit him to go to Route C. Route C branches if you have Echo at Job3 lv 35 to D if not you will end at Route C and get a core required for Job 3 evo.

Route D, continue to route C on battle 3 and on battle 5 Big Mog will pop in.hit him to go to Route D.

demota
Aug 12, 2003

EzEight posted:

http://terrabattle.wikia.com/wiki/Mobius_Final_Fantasy
Read the comments as it is your best source of info on the Wiki.

FYI Route B,C,D have insane super bosses and higher lv mooks. Click the mini bosses/monsters on the wiki to get an idea of their gimmicks Tonberry can nuke your entire team if you hit all of them.

A is the default.

Route B is to have Echo Job 1, min lv35. Big Mog will pop in on battle 5 hit him to go to Route B.

Route C needs Echo to be Job 2 min lv 35 Terra Mog pops in on Battle 3 hit him to go to Route C. Route C branches if you have Echo at Job3 lv 35 to D if not you will end at Route C and get a core required for Job 3 evo.

Route D, continue to route C on battle 3 and on battle 5 Big Mog will pop in.hit him to go to Route D.

Oh, sweet. I use a plugin called Shut Up that hides all comments sections by default, so checking them didn't even occur to me. Thanks a ton!

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
WTF. Beat CH30 no problem and on CH31 died after my first move.

The power spike is crazy. What teams do you use to pass it? I read magic teams have been shutdown from CH31 onward

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!
After Chapter 30 it get's way harder to create general teams that do well. The only way to brute force it is to use recodes, and even then it's just easier to play close attention to elemental advantage and the circle of carnage. Magic is weakened a little (it used to really bad) so really don't bring magic unless you have the right element or you just really really want a little aoe. The enemies also start to do so much damage you'll quickly lose units if you don't heal alot, have some kind of damage mitigation, and/or avoid as much aoe stuff as you can.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Lucia event is now live. She's a free SS mage that can be recoded to get 2 jobs worth of free skills, not including her new recoded skills. They include one-time-revival as well as two column pincer skills. You can also farm skill boosts fairly painlessly, so it's a great way to snag a great mage that you only need to level to 80 once.

Just keep in mind that for Lucia The Explorer if you deal more than 50% of her health in damage on the first turn she'll wipe your party. Avoid her for one turn and you'll be fine, it's just a stamina trap for people who don't read patch notes.

Also for Lucia The Explorer III the final boss is awful -- the gimmick is you have to pincer the white orbling each turn to heal yourself and deny healing to the boss, but it takes forever to plink the boss down and if the orblin runs into a corner where you can't reach it you're going to lose 5+ turns of process. Good thing you only have to run it once for the drop.

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!
Storm Witch is alot easier if you just bring all physical (magic does like no damage to anything in that level), no healer, and make sure you pincer the orbling every turn no matter what. I brought a bunch of mages, not realizing, which definitely turned it into a long, drawn out fight. I really like all the weird gimmicks to the dungeon fights tho.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
For Lucia III can you guys share your team comp and levels you are at?

Bringing a full mage composition is doable but you're looking at about one hour of grinding so be warned. Also make sure you bring Lucia and she survives other wise the monster drop rate is 50% and running it again is a nightmare.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
I beat Storm Witch using the following:

L90 J2 Zuzu/L90 J3 Kuscah/L90 J3 Ma'curi/L85 Yukken ^/L19 J1 Lucia/L90 J3 Jade Dragon

Lucia died pretty quickly, so I ended up using Kuscah and whoever was available to pincer the white orbling every turn. Storm Witch herself isn't a giant threat, since her only real attack is Breath Attack. Sable Armors only use horizontal attack skills. The main annoyance is getting Demoralized if the Aluminum Soldiers counter you. The power-point jammer isn't too bad since that only lasts one or two turns; the biggest thing was making sure it was ready for when I landed the final blow to Storm Witch and had Yukken ^ in a chain so that her Pro Negotiator triggered to capture Storm Witch even with Lucia dead.

The key is to always pincer the white orbling forever so that Storm Witch never gets healed, even if it means not being able to hit her on that turn. Also, I think Pro Negotiator works in general for recruiting Lucia/Leonidas/Storm Witch, similar to farming Jade Dragon. I remember once when I fought Lucia with Lucia in my party, didn't trigger Pro Negotiator, and still didn't recruit her, although that's just anecdotal evidence and was probably just me being unlucky. So far, Pro Negotiator hasn't failed me.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
Man Gegonago^ trivalized the Storm Witch fight.

White Orbling somewhere annoying? Not a problem.

He may do jack all of damage, but Stealth means he is welded to my main teams.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Stealth seems like a really cool ability. I'm really looking forwards to new recoded dudes since all of them have one 'unique ability' (okay, i guess magic metabolism and magic bombs don't really count), even if it means an entire world of grinding.

My Storm Witch team was Olber^, Amisandra^, Lucia, Ma'curi, Gaiga, and Gugba and, while it took forever, the anti-healing debuff Amisandra put out meant I didn't lose as much progress on the turns when I couldn't reach the orbling. It honestly seems like a fight where if you have someone with Heal All and decent defenses you'll get through it, you'll just lose your will to live.

I still don't have any good IAP mages! Daiana kinda counts, but until she gets a recode Bahamut is probably better. Part of why I'm excited about Lucia :v:

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!
My actual team for Storm Witch was bad and had too much magic, so when I do it again to recapture the monster after recode I'll probably go Bahl/Z.Olber/Gugba/Z.Odin/Macuri/Lucia. Ithink you definitely want to bring the holy trinity if you have them, though things can get dicey for Snaip since a bunch of the enemies are swords. If you have Kem and Djugan you could also go for a strong physical spear team.

Lucia abilities look really really good for a character they're giving away in an event, it's awesome.

EDIT: Whoops, wrong weapon type.

Puzzle Thing fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 5, 2015

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
TFW Lucia is your only SS hero.. I'm on chapter 24 ffs.. Smdh

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I had Lucia at level 80 already when the event began and she nearly died several times when I was fighting the Storm Witch, so if she's not at a high level there's probably no point in trying to bring her along for the 100% drop rate because she'll die way too easily. Snaip was at level 90 and even then he got killed killed by a couple unlucky pincers, I really wouldn't recommend bringing him. Killing the adds is really important for the fight to go well (because if you leave them alone they'll multiply and eventually keep you from pincering the healbot), and they're all sword users.

I managed to win on my first try, but it was a long and painful slog because Snaip died early and Lucia and Sorman were basically useless.

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!
Also, I don't know about any other status affect, but the adds can definitely get hit with gravity, so Reijin might be good to bring along?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Man, I'm bad at this game. The difficult spike after chapter 17 is loving me up.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Yeah it seems the consensus is to have everything at lv80 to not die.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

:lol: If I'm remembering right 18 is difficult because of all the floor hazards, but you can get through it if you have Levitation (trivializes the entire chapter) or by memorizing spawn locations so you minimize moving over traps. Level 80 is a bit of an exaggeration, but you'll probably want to hit level 60 to take on a lot of the post-20 levels (with some notable speed bumps being Phoenix on 21-1 and that one boss that teleports half your team away if you don't have dark damage). A good healer can get you really far, and by 'good' I mean Kuscah or Sorman saw me through basically every level on the back of Heal:All.

If anything, there's actually a surprising lack of content for maxed out or recoded teams. I mean, there's the hard mode levels, but the rewards for that are really distinctly sub-par. Compare this with PAD, where end game content doesn't stop coming -- though they also release IAP characters at a rate of about 7 new ones every two months, not including collab machines.

ANYWAY, I was just reporting that recodes have been announced for Amazora and Jaguna so if you have either and would like to grind them to 80/80/80, then to 80 again, now's your chance!

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Wow Jaguna that's unexpected. A guest character getting a recode this is a first.

The end game is getting enough gold to buy out the POF. As for end game content its lacking I get the feeling they are fleshing out multiplayer over content at the moment.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
Whoa, I beat the Energels in two turns. I didn't actually expect that.

If you're curious:
J3 Jade Dragon
J2 Bahamut
J1 Zerro
J1 Lucia ^
J3 Kuscah
J3 Alika

Levels aren't listed since they're all synced to 50 anyway.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

vulturesrow posted:

I don't suppose anyone has a good starter account saved or a transfer code? I lost my tablet but I want far enough along in the game to go to the trouble of trying to recover the account.

Throwing this out again. Anyone? Thread seems kind of dead these days so I'm wondering if it's even worth starting up again.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

vulturesrow posted:

Throwing this out again. Anyone? Thread seems kind of dead these days so I'm wondering if it's even worth starting up again.

This game is pretty much a one player game. I would recommend playing something else.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

vulturesrow posted:

Check reddit maybe? They're more active than this thread, and every now and then you get people giving away their accounts. And really, it's not surprising that there isn't much activity here. I enjoy the game, but content comes out way too slow

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

U-DO Burger posted:

Check reddit maybe? They're more active than this thread, and every now and then you get people giving away their accounts. And really, it's not surprising that there isn't much activity here. I enjoy the game, but content comes out way too slow

:agreed: Reddit's the place for people looking to pick up old accounts. I think they do it every thursday?

https://www.reddit.com/r/TerraBattle/

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Jesus Christ this event is stupid. Breezed through it for the most part, beat Mitra, initiated the final pincer with Zael and got jack poo poo for some reason. How did they think trying to fulfill unspoken requirements would be in any way enjoyable

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
You just summed up one of the many problems with this game. Most of the guides are available through Famitsu which is Japanese only and we only know about these because someone translates it.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

EzEight posted:

You just summed up one of the many problems with this game. Most of the guides are available through Famitsu which is Japanese only and we only know about these because someone translates it.

The wikia has pretty good guides for events, including the Last Story one.

U-DO Burger posted:

Jesus Christ this event is stupid. Breezed through it for the most part, beat Mitra, initiated the final pincer with Zael and got jack poo poo for some reason. How did they think trying to fulfill unspoken requirements would be in any way enjoyable
The other requirement to get Zael is all your movements need to take less than 50 seconds combined, so you might have taken a bit too long.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
So the reroll guide in the OP is out of date. Is there are more up to date one?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

This thread is dead. I suggest reddit or the terra battle forum.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I've picked up this game again and my god everything got worse

-Event fights feel like a tedious slog.
-Luck is a terrible system and is there for no other reason except gatcha purposes gently caress you terra battle
-This game is hella grindy now. Like it was always grindy, but now it feels like someone went "let's ^2 this poo poo". Level 90 cap, Level 80 reqs for recode (which require leveling garbo monsters for recode reqs) and I wouldn't have a problem except...
-...grinding doesn't feel rewarding. I don't feel like my characters are getting dramatically better nor do I feel like I'm getting an equal return for the time I invested. I could dehumanize myself and face to gatcha but...
-...gently caress why? I liked this game enough to to beat Chapter 30 and get Levi and Bahamut to Job 3 but beyond this it's like a giant wall made of "what's the point?" Oh boy I get another weak-as-poo poo character I need to grind out job reqs for then grind out recodes for. It doesn't feel like I get rewards, it feels like I get projects.

If you're just starting this game, friend, I loving pity you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ebacho
Oct 26, 2010
I liked the game enough to drop a few dollars on it for some rolls at some point, but nowadays I can't even will myself to open it once a day for the login rewards. The game is definitely a slog since most of the things there are to do are grinding for skillups and running 20-1 or whatever people do for exp nowadays.

• Locked thread