Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Man, that was a good game.
Please clap your hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LK01R-sCNg

What was the best part of the game, in your opinion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

unban twewy as gently caress

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Terper posted:

Please clap your hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LK01R-sCNg

What was the best part of the game, in your opinion?

You already posted it.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

this game always makes me really hungry when i play it

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i want to eat the whole fish ramen

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
its a drat good game but the leveling up pins/evolution mexhanic was kind of dumb with the different types of xp

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Brasseye posted:

its a drat good game but the leveling up pins/evolution mexhanic was kind of dumb with the different types of xp

This is true, something they should fix in the sequel

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Terper posted:

what a beautiful dream

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
the level up stuff only matters if you're a sperg that needs every pin even though most of the time the difference doesn't really matter and neither does the slight upgrade in attack.

It's actually really cool because I can either just leave my game off AND STILL LEVEL poo poo UP (pretty sure you can also just set the game clock forward), or I can leave it running in the wifi thing while I charge it or something and randomly get shitloads of exp from the random chance CPU players you can run into

even if you do need all the pins it's as easy as checking gamefaqs to see what type of poo poo you need and then doing anything else with your time for a bit while the game levels it up for you

anyway the best part of the game is week 2, best music, it's no longer tutorial land like week 1 or kinda rushed like week 3, joshua is probably the best written character square has ever made and it has the evil math teacher

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

HEY BASS WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES
My favourite part was how buying dozens of chicken nuggets, hamburgers, fries, etc. at the fast food place made the cashier girl want to go on a date.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Well she knew you were loaded

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Terper posted:

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I like that game. Whole lot.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Terper posted:

What a wonderful world such would be...

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

AndyAML posted:

My favourite part was how buying dozens of chicken nuggets, hamburgers, fries, etc. at the fast food place made the cashier girl want to go on a date.

I can confirm this doesn't actually work in real life :negative:

Game owns and is easily in my top three ds games.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
this game is good, the end game grind is fun and satisfying and so is lowering your hp to increase the drop rate.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

game ends with a big moral about how you need to broaden your horizons and connect with other people, then it opens up dozens of hours of things to grind before you get 100% completion on your save file screen.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

twewy owns and is the best game square ever made

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

My girlfriend had a copy of this and I've never played it, so I'm trying it now. What should I know going in?

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Buy all Lapin Angelique clothes which boosts your power in crit HP then wear the coat that lowers your HP to crit and tear through enemies

Just like irl cutting yourself is always the answer

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

neku gets better after that monologue

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

FactsAreUseless posted:

My girlfriend had a copy of this and I've never played it, so I'm trying it now. What should I know going in?

Have you ever played two games at once?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Concordat posted:

Have you ever played two games at once?
Nope.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

don't play on easy because it makes your drops suck

turn down your level as far as you're comfortable with to boost drop rate

always be eating food and keep a bunch of low byte food on hand because permanent stat boosts are from food

bravery is hella important for wearing any of the good clothes and if you ignore it you're going to super regret it later

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
have more TWEWY TIPS:

buy lots of poo poo from stores you run into so that you can learn their abilities

tin pin thrift looks dumb but makes it super easy to set up murder neku by abusing clothes from lapin angelique

ice risers is a really good pin for a long time

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sword_man.gif posted:

always be eating food and keep a bunch of low byte food on hand because permanent stat boosts are from food

bravery is hella important for wearing any of the good clothes and if you ignore it you're going to super regret it later
Thanks

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

sword_man.gif posted:

This is true. Girls clothes got the best stat boosts but take Hella brv

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Then either learn or jack your partner's stats up way high so you can just have the AI handle it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Feel free to just spam left/right and just focus on the bottom screen for the most part. Once you've gotten comfortable with that is when you can try styling more with the top screen.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

sword_man.gif posted:

Yup, this is 100% true. Level only affects your HP so if you're good at not getting hit you can drop that poo poo super low and get really high drop rates.

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Reisen > Tewi

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Concordat posted:

Then either learn or jack your partner's stats up way high so you can just have the AI handle it.

mashing blindly is better then the AI, it attacks way to slow and sucks at blocking anyway

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
the biggest thing to do with your partner is to just keep them busy knocking things back because neku is your primary damage source

i could give you some very specific gamebreaker tips if you wanted them but i think first play through should be an exploration. i will tell you that pegaso pins and lapin angelique clothes are v.nice

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

I never got all the Secret Reports or the secret boss, did I miss much

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I once saw a post by some dude who disliked the game because he had to change all his clothes around to match the trends.

what a loser

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Seshoho Cian posted:

nah

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Seshoho Cian posted:

Everything

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Seshoho Cian posted:

i will spoiler it for our friend who hasn't played the game

coffee man brought socahtoa back to life and gave him the secrets of taboo noise and is a renegade angel because of it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Does the mind-reading mechanic do anything other than flavor? Like do i need to be mind-reading every screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

FactsAreUseless posted:

Does the mind-reading mechanic do anything other than flavor? Like do i need to be mind-reading every screen?

it's a dumb mini game. don't worry about it

• Locked thread