Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Did Neku's idle animations in battle change over the course of the game? I feel like they went from just kind of standing normally to floating and having a glowing hand, but I might just be imagining that because this game was great about making you feel a transition from some chump who's just slapping things to unstoppable murder god, especially when you get some of the bullet hell pins. I think probably only Aqua from Birth By Sleep matches that, due to turning into a completely overpowered character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
he'll idle floating with a glowly hand right after attacking and switch to foot tapping if you stand still for a bit

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

Her own ambitions and desires, save for wanting to help and protect Beat. Beat's entry fee was Rhyme's memories. So basically Rhyme is the most screwed over character in video game history.

Not necessarily, Beat made it to the end of his first week and won the game, so Rhyme should get that back at least

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I like to imagine Joshua is a cool enough person to give her back her memories.

On the other hand, he did want to basically kill everyone in Shibuya, so maybe not.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Terper posted:

On the other hand, he did want to basically kill everyone in Shibuya, so maybe not.

wouldn't you

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
lotta spoiler tags in a thread for a six-year-old game

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

exmorte posted:

I can confirm this doesn't actually work in real life :negative:

lmfao

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Unlike most games this one deserves to be unspoiled

It's not like "uh your her dad and also dimensions idk? " or "the aliens were actually ancient humans!!!!"

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Seshoho Cian posted:

That is real hosed up

I think one of the Secret Reports says that while her original hopes and dreams are irrevocably erased, she'll still be able to form new ones given some time now that she's alive again.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Razakai posted:

I want to believe (that SE will make a sequel and not gently caress it up)

These days it'd probably be all dubstep.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
the mastermind villain guy you run in to on life number two or whatever was really incredibly grating to read and terrible, much like the game

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDl_s6GAzt4

this music is burned into my brain from that loving reaper pair you fight

i died like 20 times because i couldnt dodge the bullet hell spam the pink haired one puts out :argh:

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Razakai posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDl_s6GAzt4

this music is burned into my brain from that loving reaper pair you fight

i died like 20 times because i couldnt dodge the bullet hell spam the pink haired one puts out :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_P1OwYgZNI

goth metal drake at a high chain

or w/e the boss one was

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

i wanna finish the secret reports but i lost my save file gently caress

also twewy is the only game soundtrack i have ever bought and the only one i will ever buy

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Yeah I Like Girls posted:

i wanna finish the secret reports but i lost my save file gently caress

to my great gamershame i had to resort to cheesing the secret boss

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Is there a legit way to fight that boss?

I just had Neku in nonstop invincibility frames with a deck full of dash attack pins and blindly dragged my stylus around on the lower screen without even looking while I focused on keeping my dumbass partner from getting killed.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i guess you can just be really loving beefy and good at the game

i went with keeping him infinitely juggled using a black planet, lefty/righty/brainy cat, some reboot reducing pin and sos setup so bottom screen stayed knocked up the entire time and top screen just dodged

it worked, at least

ok i wont lie i have a picture of it cause i was all "hey friend of mine, i beat the secret boss". this pin setup

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

PleasingFungus posted:

lotta spoiler tags in a thread for a six-year-old game

good games deserve a respectful treatment

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

That, plus there's at least one guy in this thread who said they're playing through for the first time. May as well let 'em experience the really whacky poo poo unspoiled, like everything in the postgame

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Regalingualius posted:

That, plus there's at least one guy in this thread who said they're playing through for the first time. May as well let 'em experience the really whacky poo poo unspoiled, like everything in the postgame

Naw, I'mma grownup, I don't care about spoilers. If I did, I would never come out from under my rock.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
this thread inspired me to go back and clear the rest of my save file from way long ago. i just got hollow leg and am grinding up my pins/brv before hitting the rest of the accomplishments first. grinding shadow matter is actually kindof fun. . . ?

edit- also hi imp zone this is my first post in you. have a nice day.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

i will never forgive square for the countdown site just being for the stupid rear end ios port.

also apparently the teaser at the end of that was for the social game that shut down already not even a sequel, RIP if true.

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
it was a good game and had an incredible amount of innovation for a new IP. its art style was also really sharp and cool, except for shiki who looked like an anorexic skeleton

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
to clarify she looked like a skeleton who became an anorexic and somehow its bones shrank

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I just received this game in the mail and I'm excited to play it. However I also purchased FFTA2 and I don't know which to play first because they both sound so awesome.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
They're both very good

when you wanna go slow, FFTA2

when you wanna stick it up take it up step aside and see the world, TWEWY

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'd play TWEWY first. Mostly because it's probably my favorite DS game, but it is also something you'll get through quicker than FFTA2. That's not to say that TWEWY doesn't have a ton of post-game and replay value, but FFTA2 can devour an enormous amount of time.

But obtaining TWEWY in any fashion has marked you as a person of good taste. Enjoy, gamer.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Yeah I want to know more about TWEWY's story because it sounds like a hilarious psychotic break, plots like that are always interesting

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

mdm posted:

Yeah I want to know more about TWEWY's story because it sounds like a hilarious psychotic break, plots like that are always interesting

It is super anime, but is actually pretty cool. Also don't be put off by Neku in the beginning. To explain why would be spoilers, but trust me on this one.

vvvv For JRPGs, sadly yes.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Dec 11, 2014

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
The spoiler is character development

shocking I know

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I'm glad this thread is back because TWEWY is still one of the best jrpgs of all time.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i dunno neku came from the squall school of character writing there's not much you can go from there but up

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
I bought twewy for my phone and they still haven't updated it to the work on the 6...

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

I bought twewy for my phone and they still haven't updated it to the work on the 6...

your pain is my pain, friend...

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

After searching through my old stuff I found the case for TWEWY. Turned out to be empty. :smith:

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
This game is still rad as hell and the mathemagician ally is rad as hell overdrive

Kubla Khan
Jun 20, 2014
there's no excuse not to play it now, I guess

does the protag grow a bit less emo later on?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kubla Khan posted:

there's no excuse not to play it now, I guess

does the protag grow a bit less emo later on?

He changes pretty drastically over the course of the game.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
Is this game playable on iOS?

Or should I get it for my old Nintendo DS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

DS.

• Locked thread