Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you guys are crazy if you didn't like it, because it was a pro game where you could be a cat and gently caress up some dudes and you got to save the girl unlike that retarded FF7 poo poo. The combat was p. cool and I loved a lot of the characters, like faggy guitar player, and talking retarded dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
It's a huge piece of poo poo!

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.
I'd say 7/10 would play and enjoy again if I didn't have such a backlog of better games.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The music from Chrono Cross is loving sweet as gently caress https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMEb6XXXi08

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

I liked the part where there were all these party members with distinct personalities and they were all obnoxious garbage

It's a genuine improvement over Chrono Trigger, where there were only a handful of characters and you grew to like them, because then you might feel conflicted when choosing party members

In CC your ideal party is always Sperge, Not-Frog, and whoever you personally think is the coolest/hottest and no time is wasted on wondering what might have been

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

yeah and then the PS2 came out

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i liked orlha

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
imagine you are talking a super hot babe interested in your personality, and imagine trying to tell her the plot to chrono cross, without her vag juice factories chugging out dust before closing up shop for good

chrono trigger you can do that, all ladies can enjoy a story about time travel and space grubs, but the second you need to emphasize that when you say fate you meant _FATE_, bam, thats it, shes already thinking of chad thundercock and his pitch perfect kefka laugh impression

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

ArchWizard posted:

In CC your ideal party is always Sperge, Not-Frog, and whoever you personally think is the coolest/hottest and no time is wasted on wondering what might have been

serge, glenn, and riddel for life :cool:

two white elemental characters just makes things more fun. if i can steamroll that punk-rear end bitch dario with two white elemental characters then i sure as gently caress can kill the black elemental dude in the dragon tower with ease

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Tiler Kiwi posted:

already thinking of chad thundercock and his pitch perfect kefka laugh impression

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

it's a lovely sequel to chrono trigger but a legit amazing game on its own

go figure

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Having 44 characters made them substitute personality for ümlaäüts and other wacky dialects. The graphics was beautiful though.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sorry, what? I'm

Tiler Kiwi posted:

thinking of chad thundercock and his pitch perfect kefka laugh impression

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Hey everybody it's me, Chad Thundercock! How's this thread going? Oh wait this is about that poo poo game Chrono Cross again? gently caress that noise.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Asimo posted:

it's a lovely sequel to chrono trigger but a legit amazing game on its own

go figure

this is a 100% true statement

Chrono Cross got shittier the moment it remembered it was supposed to be a sequel to Chrono Trigger. Still had some good moments, but the game owns totally before that point.

Also one of the best soundtracks in video game history

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Lemming posted:

The music from Chrono Cross is loving sweet as gently caress

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

chrono cross was and remains bad

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
vwoop vwoop vwoop

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the disappointment i felt from chrono cross was echoed many years later by the disappointment i felt with xenosaga

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Chrono cross was epic!!!

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
this is the millionth loving thread about this game in this month alone what the gently caress is wrong with you nerds

boo hoo; some people may not share my lovely opinion on this lovely game. make thread to rectify this possibility???

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

matrix ripoff posted:

this is the millionth loving thread about this game in this month alone what the gently caress is wrong with you nerds

boo hoo; some people may not share my lovely opinion on this lovely game. make thread to rectify this possibility???
In Another Imp Zone, there are absolutely no Chrono Cross threads at all, but a whole lot of threads about Thousand Arms.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

In Another Imp Zone, there are absolutely no Chrono Cross threads at all, but a whole lot of threads about Thousand Arms.
It's twice as nice because it's twice as Meis.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

FactsAreUseless posted:

I just wanna tell you that you made the best post in the Sonic 2006 LP and it is a crime that nobody noticed it

FactsAreUseless posted:

In Europe, the Egg Genesis is called the Egga Drive.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mr. Pumroy posted:

chrono cross was and remains bad

counterpoint: no game with music this good can possibly be truly bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMntblDX0Bg

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Thousand Arms was anime as gently caress and having a bad dating sim built right into it. To its credit though, it was trying something original for its fighting system and the main protagonist actually had a cool and colorful personality, a rare commodity in jrpgs even today.

It's a better game than Chrono Cross.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
That mushroom dude was a pretty fun guy to have in your party.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

That mushroom dude was a pretty fun guy to have in your party.
Oh I get it, because his name was Party Shroom.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh I get it, because his name was Party Shroom.

Hell yeah :shroom:

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
they put a character named Glenn in the game thats not even the same Glenn from Trigger and yet has some similarities but they couldn tie them together or make it cool they just had to make another Glenn that gets a special sword at some point gently caress this game

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Harrow posted:

counterpoint: no game with music this good can possibly be truly bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMntblDX0Bg

look

good music does not redeem a game

if a game music is good it can be experienced in a way completely separate from the game itself

people who point at a game's music like that should redeem it are people i just don't understand.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mr. Pumroy posted:

look

good music does not redeem a game

if a game music is good it can be experienced in a way completely separate from the game itself

people who point at a game's music like that should redeem it are people i just don't understand.

the game's super good though

it's a poo poo sequel to chrono trigger but cut away the like two hours of the game that pretend they're a chrono trigger sequel and it owns

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
agreed with op, it's baller as gently caress

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Tiler Kiwi posted:

imagine you are talking a super hot babe interested in your personality, and imagine trying to tell her the plot to chrono cross, without her vag juice factories chugging out dust before closing up shop for good

chrono trigger you can do that, all ladies can enjoy a story about time travel and space grubs, but the second you need to emphasize that when you say fate you meant _FATE_, bam, thats it, shes already thinking of chad thundercock and his pitch perfect kefka laugh impression

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cross is Boss.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
The only compelling character was the french harlequin fetus

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i remember enjoying this game more than ff7 when i played them both a couple years ago. i don't remember much about the story but i do remember french harley quinn becoming a dragon. that was pretty nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
gently caress yeah the music was boss as poo poo too, songs called Dragon God, best part of the game

• Locked thread