Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Please do not discuss the bad pedo show in the Type-Moon Gacha Megathread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is that Astolfo

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The Unholy Ghost posted:

wtf does any of this mean/how was i supposed to know that? (nasuverse does it again)

That's why everyone told you to read the VN instead of watching the anime.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's good.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

They could just go the Granblue route and just add an English translation to the existing JP release rather than do a proper overseas one.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Granblue has a ton of text and that worked out fine.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Apparently Abby has a special SFX when you pull her but my phone was muted so I didn't hear it. RIP.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ccs posted:

It's a bit hyperbolic but as a work of fiction the Fate VN is probably on par with a book like The Name of the Wind as far as wish-fulfillment mage character, overwrought and overlong prose, and misogynistic portrayals of female characters.

It's a perfectly valid opinion.

Fate is better than NotW because it's actually finished though.

:pwn:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Fate sucked cuz Saber isn't good as a main heroine. She's boring as hell when put in the spotlight. Much better when she's more off to the side and is able to do whatever.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ccs posted:

Nah, in the review she's saying the VN had those flaws which UBW adaption mostly got rid of. Don't know if I completely agree. The UBW adaption is certainly less boring than the VN though.

congrats on agreeing with that garbage article and showing how little you actually understand at all about the series.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ccs posted:

Very possible, the production values might have just clouded my views in that case. It's much easier to see the character flaws when they're in print in the VN.

you're very good at observing media.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ccs posted:

lol you're treating this dating simulator where king arthur is a teenage girl like some kind of work of great literature.

who's doing that?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I wish I was as cool as the dude who said something stupid and then had to triple down instead of admitting fault.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Terrible Opinions posted:

I mean it's perfectly acceptable to say you're turned off by something being misogynistic even if it isn't misogynistic 100% of the time. Just like it's perfectly acceptable to say you're turned off by the racism in how Conan stories characterize certain ethnicities even if those characterizations generally go away the later you get in Conan. It's not a personal attack on you for liking them nor is it meant to devalue those later parts.

Is it really fair to call part of a work misogynistic if a character espouses an opinion not meant to be correct, and is shown to be wrong throughout the rest of the work? I feel the Conan comparison isn't very apt here.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I feel like you don't really understand what Fate Jack is if you think it's some sympathetic angle to the actual killer.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Terrible Opinions posted:

Then why call her Jack the Ripper? Why did the author?

Do you actually interact with Fate stuff past skimming a wiki or something dude.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

also, god drat y'all get pissy when people criticize this franchise.

I'm sorry you don't understand how arguments or debate works.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The design sucks rear end and no one thinks it's good. but it's pretty pathetic how you transparently pivoted to this after you showed you didn't know what you were talking about at all regarding the other stuff.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

saying you don't actually care when you get owned is some baby level poo poo anyways.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I don't like Raita's banana tit skeleton women.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The teacher in Higurashi is literally just Ciel because of how much he enjoyed Tsukuhime so I'd say probably.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

BB was not in OG extra!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The old art is the best part though.