Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Alexander Dumas: the original light novelist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Endorph posted:

define light

It wad originally serialized in a magazine, in eighteen installments. Pretty sure each of those would be like a light novel.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I 10-rolled with my 200 days played quartz and got Nightingale and Blavatsky, the two waifus. Sweet.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Twiddy posted:

I think Saber Lily chowing down on her ahoge in the background might be my favorite part.

At least I think that's what's happening.

My favorite part is how the Twitter and Facebook share buttons both say "Lancer Died!" on them.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Another 40 roll and 5 summon tickets, no Jeanne Alter :smith:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Artoria's new Excalibur animation is swank as hell.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

On how Waver knew about that love letter: Presumably, as he inherited the Lord El-Melloi title from Kayneth, he would have come into possession of Kayneth's personal belongings that were left behind at the Mage's Association.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

InfinityComplex posted:

:toot: I just got Iskander on the daily ticket. Wasn't expecting it until I saw the glowing orbs go rainbow when they started spinning.

This just happened to me. If only I'd had that luck rolling for Jeanne Alter :negative:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Lancer Kiyohime is a maniac yelling about love all the time and I love it.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Where do you get the oil/ink pots from? I need a few for Lancer Kiyohime.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Yeah and it has Casko and the artist was a known h-artist and he apparently has a Josh Tejada level giantess fetish considering how the current arc is Hakuno being bullied by Giant Sakura

Also when saving Hakuno from a fall Casko spends the time to engineer it in such a way that Hakuno catches a face full of her boobs.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Saw all you people rolling Jeanne Alters and decided to log back in for once

Rolled 1 ticket

JEANNE

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

What's the consensus on Jeanne Alter? I can buff her into extreme poo poo-kicker range with some crit stars from Arturia or a good star-making support, plus stacking attack buffs, but she's kinda squishy.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I approve of their taste in waifus

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

This game is mainly a waifu collector for me so I've been very lazy about grinding servant exp. That said I have Jeanne Alter at 100, Arturia at 90, and some other gold star waifus at or near max level. <3 lancer kiyohime

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Oh my god I pulled Enkidu and Medusa Lily in a single 10-pull

I'm quite happy with this

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Fate/Strange Fake is great. Enkidu's Master is a dog. Rider's Master is a 10-year-old girl in a coma.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I didn't roll Merlin but I did get Emiya!

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

What if Emiya Alter is a version of Shirou that instead of giving up his superhero ideal, doubled down on it to an insane degree

Sentai Superhero Emiya Shirou

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

If I get a full NP + two buster card crits off on JAlter she does something ridiculous like 350k damage in that turn if all my buffs are active.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

Oh well that's pretty cool then. RIP her skill mats though, why does she need so much dust aaaaaaaah. :argh:

If that blog post actually pans out it will technically be both, but the bigger problem is that they went with Nero who is fundamentally the least relevant Extra servant. I mean that could change, but there isn't exactly a good track record with Nero focused stories at the moment. :v:

I expect it to expand to a full on Lord Camelot if they ever reach Camelot. The real question was how the MC even got behind the wall when there was Excalibur Morgan runoff everywhere.

iframes

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Another question I've been meaning to ask also just came to mind. One issue I frequently run into is trying to decide whether to use a NP or wait until the rest of the party has their NPs charged so they can be used in a chain. I usually do the latter out of some sort of obsessive compulsion, but the problem is that it effectively ends up wasting a bunch of NP in many cases (since the first person to complete their NP just sits there a turn or two waiting on the others). I imagine there's no universal answer to this and it depends on stuff like how good the bonus is from overcharging the NPs in question*, but I have a feeling generally speaking it's probably best to not do what I'm doing and to just shoot off NPs as soon as they finish charging (unless there's some specific reason not to, like being on the 2nd wave and there just being some almost-dead enemy left).

* Arturia, for example, gets like 5% added to her next NP bar for each 100% overcharge, which is total poo poo and not really worth it since she can easily get more than 5% most turns.

Depends on the NP really. For example, Jeanne Alter charges up pretty fast and doesn't get much from overcharge, so I prefer to use her NP as part of a Brave Chain (bonus if I can get Buster chain as well) for massive single target burst.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Rolled a 10 for Scathach, got Marie Antoinette and Saber Lancelot instead. Oh well, there's always next year :v:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Was this linked in here yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSdv9S-VTjk

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

AfroSquirrel posted:

"Okay patient, I need you to hold still while I stick this legendary weapon inside you. Don't look at me like that; it's not a suppository."

Yes, I know that it was Excalibur's sheath and not the sword.

And Shirou is the chronic helper around his school and neighborhood before the Fifth Holy Grail War kicks off. If the HGW hadn't happened,. I'm fairly certain he wouldn't have become EMIYA-Archer. He'd just be the cool neighborhood dude who helps everyone and hosts the tastiest BBQs.

Nah, I'm pretty sure he'd be ripe to pull a Caro as Raenir Salazar said.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Rodyle posted:

IIRC isn't there something about him originally intending to be a lawyer?

Emiya Shirou: Ace Attorney

Investigate crime scenes and grill witnesses as you attempt to find out who killed Lancer

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

I'm pretty sure the campaign is just for 8M actually

Yeah it's 800万 = 800*10,000 = 8M

EDIT: In Japanese you could still call it 800m because 万 is pronounced "man"

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Gudao and Gudako are basically already gender-flipped versions of Rin and Shirou, though. At least going by their color schemes.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Rolled a few tickets, got Arthur.

Why couldn't I have had this luck with MHX Alter :smith:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

oh my god I rolled okita

yesssss

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I rolled her during her second appearance in the gacha. Don't worry, she'll be back sooner or later.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

New Strange Fake out too. Lots of new lady characters, I approve.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Also they need to find a new Hisui

rip Miyu Matsuki

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Endorph posted:

lol (sales for each rate-up on the chinese server)

Is there an up to date version of this graphic for the JP server? I remember seeing one a few months ago.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

Presumably I'll wait until a rate up with a Servant I want. Probably everyone's #1 favorite queen edgelord, Jeanne Alter.

j/k I'm not getting the english version

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Jeanne Alter is one of the best poo poo-kickers around, massive attack stat and deals with annoying Rulers without being weak to everything like Berserkers are. Full buster chain with her NP and two critted up buster cards does like 300k damage in a single turn. Brave chain w/o crits or attack buffs and leading with buster does 30k damage.

Also she's extremely cute.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Some of those points apparently don't count for much.

Poor normal Jeanne.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Well I got BB, but doesn't look like I'm likely to get all her NP level ups. She'd probably just end up as a box cheerleader anyways, like most of my cards.

Beat Kiara with a front line team of Nightingale, Shielder, and support Waver, which lasted all the way until I broke her second gauge and she immediately hit me with a powered up NP that wiped everyone through like 4 defense buffs. Popped a command seal to immediately use Jeanne Alter's NP for a full chain that took out about 220k of her remaining 300k HP and then quickly burned her down the rest of the way.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 24, 2017

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

InfinityComplex posted:

I think you might want to look at her NP again.

Unless you mean that you can't fully ascend her.

I can't beat BB/GO for the final copy of BB, is the issue. Unless I spend some money on quartz.

EDIT: Actually, I can clear some random early mission for quartz... time to hurry.

EDIT2: I definitely won't be able to get the ascension mats, though.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 07:49 on May 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Don't forget the ratio in your box is skewed by all the free event 5* CEs. 4 to 1 seems about right for actual rolls.