Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ATP5G1
Jun 22, 2005
Fun Shoe
One of my cats has been diagnosed via biopsy with IBD. This came after a week-long not-eating, not-drinking crisis that eventually turned out to be a hairball and culiminated in an unnecessary abdominal surgery. While they were in there they took a biopsy and it came back with IBD. That was weird because he'd never displayed any symptoms of it whatsoever, but ever since the surgery he's been having a rough time of it. Today he threw up both breakfast and dinner almost immediately after eating. Prior to the surgery he was eating a high-quality dry food. After attempting to get him interested in a high-quality L.I.D. wet food and him barfing it up, I switched him to raw (Primal Pet Foods). He was doing fine on that for a week until today when he started barfing that up.

So, has anyone had any experience with IBD in their cats? What foods worked for yours? Did your cat have to go on steroids, and were they eventually able to come off?

My buddy is 3.5 years old and he's always been in good health. Is there any chance the vomiting could be after-effects of the surgery, even though it was three weeks ago?

Also, here is Anatoli:

ATP5G1 fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread