Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I'm starting with Bayo 1. Someone who's already underway in 2 please tell me there are fewer (or preferably no) QTEs that just kill you outright because you weren't psychic enough to know the cutscene required spontaneous participation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
The first game sure likes starting the fight with you already being hit, doesn't it?

vvv Most recent example was Kinship. I was mashing dodge and still only managed to be saved from missiles by Bats Within.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 25, 2014

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Unlucky7 posted:

Haha oh got why am I playing the original game port I already played this on the 360 :suicide:

Because now you can do so as a pretty princess, a bounty hunter, or the hero(ine) of time.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I beat the first game and I feel like an idiot. For some reason I was thinking you wanted to smash Jubileus's soul through all the planets on the way to the sun. Nope, that's just an instant game over. So much for my deathless first attempt. :suicide:

Otherwise, it's on to game two! It's already apparent how much faster and easier the Torture Attacks are to complete. I love this game already and all I've completed is what was in the demo.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Either Bayo 2 starts out way easier than 1 ever was or I'm a machine after all the practice I got from the first game. That's definitely not a complaint. Everything feels so much more fluid and amazing when I'm doing well.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

ChaosArgate posted:

I'm halfway through Bayonetta 1, I think and I am absolutely getting wrecked by Grace and Glory, and I've met their meaner cousins Gracious and Glorious. Is there anything I should do to make it easier to fight them? So far I've just been falling back on the Link costume's inherent parry to mitigate some damage, but it's hard to parry a dude who decides to attack from offscreen.

For Grace and Glory, I found it easiest to focus on one and do all your work during Witch Time when you're safe. The claws the dead one drops will help with the second one.

The golden versions that don't give you Witch Time are just plain unfair. The best I can say for them is to remain defensive as possible and only work in a couple hits before dodging away at the first sign of retaliation. You might not get big combo scores but you will survive. Probably.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

If you go back to a chapter and get an LP piece that you missed, do you have to complete the chapter for you to keep it?

Not in the first game. I'd assume you wouldn't have to in the second either.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I just got the chainsaws. Attaching them to every part of me is the best idea I've ever had.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Rocketlex posted:

When you find a piece of an LP, the other pieces are always in that same stage.

I think the third piece of Takemikazuchi was in the following stage, wasn't it?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Is 2nd Climax the same difficulty as Bayonetta 1's Normal?

I think Bayo 2's normal is more forgiving than Bayo 1's, but I'd still start there. It's really enjoyable and better than 1 in every way.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

ethanol posted:

If they aren't on steam or the wii u, that's not happening. Metal Gear Rising though, I think I might need to buy that now.

Revengeance is really, really good and you should definitely get it. Everyone should. Just learn how to parry before you do anything else, though.

PantsBandit posted:

Mad World was actually really cool and you're dumb and wrong if you say otherwise.

It got tedious really quickly but the unapologetically foul aesthetic worked for me. Having Greg Proops and John DiMaggio blathering on and on over everything helped the most.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

ethanol posted:

Is Ninja Gaiden 3 at all good on the wii u? One thing bayonetta has done has made me order a used copy of ninja gaiden black for my old xbox.

Never played it. The Meta Critic score (:lol: I know) is 69/100, so I wouldn't expect a whole lot out of it unless you're an avid fan.

Not to get too far off topic, but speaking of Mad World and action games in general, was Anarchy Reigns any good? I don't know anything about it except that it exists and Jack returns with Steve Blum doing his Steve Blum voice.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Rocketlex posted:

I gave up on Bayonetta 1's Alfheim's pretty early on and just played the game. I consider myself happier for it.

Same, and I did all of the Muspelheims in 2 that I could find. Bayo 2 is just a better experience all around.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I finally got around to doing Tag Climax with a live person. We had the same setup but swapped (I had whips on hands/chainsaws on feet, he had vice versa) and at the end I beat him 185k to 9k. What was he doing wrong to create such a disparity? :psyduck:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Suaimhneas posted:

I tried Tag Climax for the first time the other day, in half the fights the other guy got in a mech halfway through and whenever he did that he beat me by quite a lot of points. How was he doing that? Is it an accessory, or does a mech just randomly appear and you have to beat the other person to it, or what?

There's an accessory to drop down a mech. I think it's 500,000 halos.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I see one of the combos in the combo list for chainsaws on feet is "Butterfly">Kick. What does the Butterfly symbol mean in this?

Jump, specifically do the next button right as you jump.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I don't understand what I'm supposed to do to keep my combo score out of the gutter on Chapter 3. That stupid snake is always out of range. :negative:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I like the boss fight that goes underwater and when you enter Witch Time you're in a dry section created by the slash of his sword. :)

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Austrian mook posted:

Hey, how exactly do you catch crows? I'm in chapter X and there's one on the other side of a platform but nothing I try lets me get it. I've tried sneaking up on it and just rushing it but I can't grab it in time.

Don't sneak, just double tap dodge to go panther and barrel into them at top speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

Honestly, I feel like Bayonetta 2 is much harder than 1. It seems easier on the surface because it doesn't sucker punch you with insta-death QTEs and there's no wall early in the game like Grace and Glory, but the high-end enemies and most of the humanoid bosses are much stronger than what Bayo 1 throws at you.

Some people say it starts easier than 1 but then gets harder than it by the end. I can kind of see that, but the difficulty curve is so smooth I didn't really notice. Bayonetta 2 is just a very well made game.

• Locked thread