Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Fedule posted:

Further Advice for new players: Guns 'n' Guns are also awesome because if you have them equipped to both hands and feet you'll get visual confirmation when you Dodge Offset correctly, making them great for practice when you're starting out.
What's the visual confirmation? I never noticed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I'd sleep on it.

Holy poo poo at that part where Rodin joins you. I barely killed anything, he kept using that area of effect attack. That's not taking it easy Rodin, that's kill stealing!

Is it me or are those chainsaws really strong. And I have chainsaws on my hands and feet. :shepface: This game...

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Spite posted:

They are really loving powerful. But they don't have wicked weaves.

Chainsaw/whip is my favorite combo right now. Witch time -> whip slam -> chainsaw all day.

I want to use the whips, but I can't quite fit them in. :smith: The weapons are too awesome for their own good. Unlike in the first game where I hated Scarsborough fair, Love is blue are totally awesome. So I have one combo that is Love is blue with swords and one that is currently all chainsaw all day.
Basically, run at the enemy shooting, start combo switch to chainsaws bath in a stream of halos.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Fedule posted:

Why is my apparent skill at the game inversely proportional to Bayonetta's health?

I am halfway through Nonstop Infinite Climax and the green lollies are all that's keeping me going. I don't think I'm good enough to play as Jeanne but I also think the Bracelet of Time is beneath me for some reason and the overall effect is that basically I die a lot.

I love this game :shepface:
It's called having fun. It's how I play all my games, it's all fun and games until I almost die at which point :getin:.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Don't read if you haven't finished it and want to enjoy the storyline surprises.

Just to be clear it wasn't me, but that fight against Loki in the past. I was owning the little poo poo and depleted his health bar, yet you still see Bayonetta struggling in the cinematic?

And I love the lady butterfly headbut against a meteor and the prophets repsonse when Luka swings in from nowhere. :allears: This game...

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Volkameria posted:

Pretty classic example of gameplay/cinematic divide. I think it's worth nothing that she doesn't seem to breeze so effortlessly through the cut scenes this time around. Don't get me wrong, I like her being bad rear end, but in the first one it took a long time before anything actually seem to challenge her in the story. In this one, she at least seems to be semi-regularly routed or straight up overpowered or at least not always get her way so effortlessly.

And I was really hoping for a post credit dance party this time around.

Say, I wanted to ask, on Infinite Climax, what are people doing to capitalize on openings on human size bosses once you score Witch Time? On that difficulty, the window gets awfully short and they always seem to twist out of my air combos/Alruna whip slams outside of Witch Time. This really became a factor during the Lumen Sage fight; I wanted to see if I could move past just doing a couple quick slashes during Witch Time and then going back to fishing for a dodge/parry afterwards.

I also like seeing her having to go all out and try, but it's kind of jarring in certain places when the game difficulty doesn't match up as well as it usually did. :shrug: I could accept the whole prophet fight since he gave the vibe that he was just trying to stall for time so the Lumen Sage could kill Loki.

So when an Umbran Sage dies, her soul is claimed by demons and she has to spend an eternity wandering in hell. What exactly happens when a Lumen Sage dies? His soul gets claimed by angels and he gets to go to heaven? That doesn't seem that bad as long as the angels keep their masks on.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

No, the Angels claim his soul too because the Lumen Sages made a contract with them meaning they get to do whatever the gently caress they want with him regardless of what he wants. It's not even wandering hell, it's pretty loving clear that Alraune had Jeanne bottled up and used her as a power source so there's nothing stopping the angels from doing the same thing since they're no different from the demons.

This is a silly complaint no matter how you slice it. The game's story is barely where their focus is and Platinum, Capcom, multiple games have always been like this. No matter how hard you kick Vergil's rear end in Rounds 1 and 2, Vergil will still poo poo all over Dante/you will both be equally matched and Arkham will take advantage of you being weakened.

Yes, Jeanne was captured and used as a battery, but the situation of her demise seemed to be special as well. She was knocked out of her body and apparently would've been able to get back in if the hands hadn't grabbed her? Regardless of that, it's clear torment is involved.
I don't really know much about angels. Just that they like resurrecting gods and wear masks of baby faces. We could be the villain, we could be the heroes, we could be ambiguous. At least we're badass.

I disagree. Indeed, there is little focus on the story. However adding in a boss fight that's very hard to win is easy. Just make him as strong as Rodin. If you win, awesome, if you lose it's to be expected.

chumbler posted:

I imagine the angels' punishment for failing them isn't too pleasant. The witches probably do get the worse deal, though. And I'll also throw in that Bayonetta having to visibly try, a little bit, is a good thing on occasion. Not that she wasn't in the first game, but she rarely looked it. Seeing a character who is cocky bravado nearly 100% of the time have to visibly get serious or angry gives those situations a bit more edge and makes things like the umbran armor feel cooler, and I think overall it was used pretty well. She struggles a tiny bit against either equals or literally gods (or I'm just forgetting other instances), so I don't so much mind that. Now if they'd had her in a titanic struggle against like a measly Beloved or something, that would not do.
I agree. Personally I rather liked how they did it in the first game as well. You slaughter your way through all the minions and arrive at the boss. Bayonetta drops her hair and gets serious, explaining why she's curbstomping the boss.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

We do know it didn't make the top 10 for October NPD, which is not a good sign. And before you say "well of course not, it only had a week and change to sell" it really doesn't matter too much, video game sales are front-loaded to the point that being released with 2 days left in the month didn't stop Mario Kart from being the #3 NPD game for July.

There were some rumblings that Nintendo didn't print enough copies, and also NPD doesn't account for digital sales, but...well not charting at all is just not a positive development no matter how you spin it.

If it's any consolation, it did chart in the UK upon release. It disappeared immediately after.
A shame, but it's a niche game on a niche console.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I'm pushing money at the screen but it isn't doing anything. Help!

Use more money!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

OGS-Remix posted:

I am not looking forward to Pure Platinuming every stage in 3rd Climax, I hate fighting Sloths. I just Kafka'd them but that's not going to cut it going for Platinum rank.

Is there any trick to using Kafka efficiently or is it really just keep hammering the button until you can Umbra Climax them?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
8bit Bayonetta.

More Bayonetta content?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

RoboJoe posted:

I bought myself a Wii U and Bayonetta 2 a few days ago and I have to say I am hugely enjoying this, I loved the first Bayonetta and this sequel is fantastic. It does somewhat feel that I've only got my Wii U to play Bayonetta 2 and for now I'm okay with this!

What I'm wondering about though is what weapon combinations do people like using?
I've been mostly using Love Is blue on hands and the Whip on my feet (these have been helping me learn how to dodge offset which I could never get the hang of before) and my other set is 4 Chainsaws, because I love the idea of this :v:. Are there any recommended weapon combinations for damage or combos?

First time playing I originally used the swords on hands and feet with guns (love is blue) as back up. I later on switched to swords and whips with chainsaws on hands and feet for the bosses. Replaying the game I've played a long stretch using the bow and whips (works great if you want to play keep away) and the guns (love is blue) as back up. After I unlocked the Shuraba I have been unable to use anything else in my hands, feet tend to change. That sword is just too good.

• Locked thread