Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

You bought the correct rifle :colbert:

That looks like a rather small shop dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Wrar posted:

I'm going to see if I can resume Subie ownership next year. I miss mine terribly. Slow economy cars don't work for me :(

Your Saab story has no effect on me!

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

If he breaks $1k I think its a Felony.

It's still a felony larceny/theft but at $1k it becomes Grand Theft.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Wrar posted:

The 330Aiyaiyai drives like a new car.

I can see my shoe!

Also, confirmed badger is good doge.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Wrar posted:

Hey can you keep any eye out for another one or a 205? Dave has a dead WRX that needs a new short block :(

Please? She is so sad sitting in my garage.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Good question.

Wrar, do we want to swap short blocks or just drop and go?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

We were debating borrowing a friends pickup, towing the car up there on a one way flatbed, and then driving it home as a shakedown.

Adiabatic posted:

Honestly if you $400 shortblock it I can get it turned around in a day now. Just get new headgaskets and a new timing kit and work with me on a weekend I can come down.

That could work too.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I have both, just a full effing garage of not moved in crap.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Wes, Chris will get you funding for a EJ205 shortly.
I'm going to start tearing down and making room in the garage, urgency depending on availability.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Pretty sure the heads are ok, should do a leak down test to confirm.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Adiabatic posted:

This one I've seen in person when I picked up that garbage shortblock. You could talk him down from $600 as he wants it gone. I will probably end up picking it up eventually regardless.

If you wanna go the JDM EJ205 full engine ~$1700 route, that route has the least work and will be super easy, so don't let me talk you out of it.

If you wanna try and talk that guy down (preferably below $500), we'll pay $50 over the cost to you for the trouble.

I'm also fine waiting about another month-ish to build up more parts funds for the rest of the crap (belts, gaskets,), and to clean out the garage/leakdown test the current heads.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Delicious: (Wrar Approved)

Also Legitimate Boat Rum:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pusser%27s

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I bet he's going to turn the boost down and make it "reliable"

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

AdiaBOOtic posted:

Day 175... glacial pace on the truck continues. My crew tells me they're in good spirits, but I see their downtrodden faces in the instant before they catch my gaze.

The hubs are torqued, all ball joints in. We are truly nearly at the finish line, but I fear that phrase has lost its meaning.

Little do they know the whole MR2 rebuild lies just over that horizon we struggle to reach. The poor bastards.

Look how fatigued he is.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Adiabatic posted:

Had em fix it at the dealer and we're good to go.

Just finished the ol ICND1 test for the CCENT! I can hang out for a few weeks now and do some car work.

Got the 31s on iForge's old Comanche and got it aligned. I think it's about perfect height and tire:

No more death wobble!

We also cleaned out the garage. Time to get the MR2 engine to a point where I can toss it in there finally.

This driveway is new.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

sharkytm posted:

LOL, Camry Tan.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I see neither of those car choices are a trip to the 2020 24 Hours of LeMans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Adiabatic posted:

Anybody in here wanna go climbing?

I'll climb you anytime bby.