Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Adiabatic posted:

Never found the source. It smelled like it was coming from the rear seats, but we took them out and let it sit for an hour and the smell was still there. It will smell horrible when you first get in, but after you crack a window and turn on the HVAC it'll slowly dissipate to nothing. Then when you let it sit for an hour, smell's back. Any ideas, internet?

Cabin air filter? My old Focus had that issue, turned out to be full of rotting leaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Siochain posted:

.45-70 is gods own round and gently caress anyone who says otherwise. I want your exact cowboy rifle. My favorite caliber, my favorite gun style :)

I have murdered the poo poo out of a deer with that same model of rifle in .45-70, and let me tell you, it does the job.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

That Forester is going to loving Valhalla and maybe, just maybe whatever mad bastard is driving it will be worthy enough to come along.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Driving? More like 'destructive testing of engine components under load'.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Lo, there do I see my father;

Lo, there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers;

Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning.

Lo, they do call me, they bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

SCA Enthusiast posted:

This is critical. Only Mount Gay is the acceptable sailor's rum*. Any other brand of lower cost rum will out you as a poser, especially that pirate themed brand. This is serious business.

*The exception is dark rums. Its a good idea to have dark rum on hand for emergency dark and stormies. Acceptable brands include Gosling's (the classic) and Kraken.

Mount Gay Eclipse makes a drat fine dark and stormy.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Scotch is for the North Atlantic. :)

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

He could feed it to the Gorester.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Being pre approved for a loan and using cash for a down payment also helps a lot. Pretty much sets the tone that you aren't gonna play the percentage and trade in value game. We did that for my wife's LS460, she was in and out of the dealership in record time.

Of course now we have an LS430 to sell, but it's ok because we don't need to sell it right away. Could have traded it in but it's worth more on the private sale market.

Yeah, this is how I buy from dealers. Go to my credit union, pre-arrange the loan, negotiate with cash. YMMV if your financial institution won't work with you like that, though. I am super happy with my CU.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I only ever bought one car from a dealer, and it was a bare bones Ford Focus fleet lease return that I paid too drat much for because I was young, poor, and desperate in a city I knew nobody in.

Never again.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

I may have a problem.

You do have a problem

Dress those drat power cables! :smithicide:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I think you dropped something there...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

:D

Yeah I should probably get the dang tool. I just mucked about with it.

So hey, get this. Me and the girlfriend just started our own company today to do exactly what I just did, and we're working on 501c3 non-profit status now.

-Snip-

Hell yeah!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 6, 2022