Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I still like the idea of lynching AT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:

blacknyte posted:

How did you interpret this post?

This is mafia, excuse me for not taking everything at face value.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
AT hasn't posted for poo poo in three days, fyi. Just throwing that out there.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Having had a bit more time now to think about where we're at, I realise that having so many confirmed town flips actually does give us a reasonable amount of information. I went back looking at who the confirmed town had been casing and voting for, and particuarly looking at the more active town players and found something interesting.

Fast Luck, who has been contributing pretty consistently throughout posted this on D1

Fast Luck posted:

It's day one and there's three scum in this game and I'm currently thinking the scum comes from this group:

Allen Wren
AtrociousToaster
Dragonatrix
Epsilon Plus
HiipFire

In the future we will see how right or wrong this day one post was.

Note the inclusion of both EP and Hiipfire. Towards the end of D1, he votes Hiipfire but that vote gains absolutely no traction. Later on, he also points out:

Fast Luck posted:

Well, when you say, like, "gee, HiipFire hasn't given us enough to work with," couldn't that be a scum tactic? One funny thing is that I believe both Hiip and Ep have at one point 'today' said "maybe we should target a lurker" which, well, lol? It's like they're lurking while trying to say they're not lurking or something (even if Epsilon is more actively posting now).

And then yesterday votes EP which again, goes nowhere as well.

Then just today we have both EP and Hiipfire pointing fingers at AT (who I agree looks scummy for lurking but is also probably the easiest target to convince town to vote for if you were scum).

Finally, in Carpet Shark's connections list, note that EP doesn't mention Hiipfire at all, and Hiipfire isn't even included (I'm assuming for having next to no content at this point?)

To me this seems like by far the best connection we have to go on, and I'd be comfortable voting either Hiipfire or EP.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
im not sure if you can read but im definitely in Carpet Shark's post

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I haven't really trusted Hiipfire since his goofing around with the Fathis vote. But I don't know who to vote for anymore. At least at this point we're almost 50% odds to vote for a scum :toot:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I'm just gonna ##vote AtrociousToaster while you guys figure out that the only thing I did that is 'scummy' is lurking in D1.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Gah sorry I am just having a crazy busy week with work and senior project stuff for school, and have not had time to be on here much. Please don't lynch another town just because I have real life poo poo getting in the way.

Epsilon Plus posted:

##vote Dragonatrix but I plan on pushing hard for Pez next time.
Do you still feel this way? I'm curious what reason you have for being so set on getting Pez out?

The Carpet Shark posted:

I dunno what there is to say beyond the fact that I was completely loving duped like a grade A dumb rear end. I wasn't the cop, I was sure blacknyte was and I felt like I had to pretend to be it because I was sure I was making it too obvious I thought he was and I was worried he'd be night killed, and his argument was getting no leverage anyway so I figured if there were two of us pushing it... But in reality I just pushed everyone into doing something that's brought us that much closer to losing. I just feel lovely about playing this game so badly.

I could vote Epsilon but I really don't trust my judgement at the moment, so. I don't know.
This kinda seems like a BS excuse to conveniently explain your weird behavior with the cop stuff. What made you so sure that he was a cop that you'd try to put yourself in that position?

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

AtrociousToaster posted:

This kinda seems like a BS excuse to conveniently explain your weird behavior with the cop stuff. What made you so sure that he was a cop that you'd try to put yourself in that position?

I didn't put myself in that position because I was so sure he was a cop, I put myself in that position because if he was the cop and I accidentally outed him I'd get him killed, and I felt really guilty.

Anyway, yeah it was dumb, I'm not trying to defend myself there. But people assumed I was the cop after I started trying to hint that I thought it was blacknyte, and then Fast Luck asked 'oh do you mean blacknyte' and I was like 'wow, i hosed up, and i can't just say yeah because i don't want to out someone else'.

:'(

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
btw if someone is the cop it would do them well to claim

like, now

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

#vote Hiipfire

He's acting awfully weird. Plus of Carpet Shark's original list, 3 have turned out to be town already, so I'm going for one he conveniently threw out. If you guys want to team on Carpet instead I can change, but I'm pretty sure if we can get one scum we know who the other 2 are.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I am retarded ##vote Hiipfire

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

So essentially the mafia just needs to sway 1 of us into voting for town and we die.

Lord help us all.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
I'm feeling that Carpet just hosed up, I don't think he's scum - his apologetic posts seem genuine to me. I guess he could be trying to mislead, but it doesn't read that way.

I'm nervous as hell given how close we are to losing altogether, but I don't think I'm going to feel any more certain given more time, I just end up second-guessing myself so ##vote Hiipfire

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I'm pretty much the same way. In fact I'm nervous someone jumped on the same person I voted for so quickly. :tinfoil:

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Well, the way I see it the fact that Hiipfire already voted AT and it didn't get hammered means one of three things:

1) The scum are not checking the thread, or they are but are waiting to coordinate to hammer AT to win
2) AT is scum, therefore the scum don't want to hammer him or
3) Hiipfire is scum, and is waiting for another townie to jump on so that his scumbuddies can hammer

If I had to choose between 2 and 3, Hiipfire has been playing far more consistently scummy in my eyes than AT, so that's where my vote goes.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

We'll know soon enough. If Hiip is town the scums will dive on it and win, if anyone shows up arguing to vote someone else it means he's likely scum. I'm ready to lynch a bad guy.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Pez posted:

if anyone shows up arguing to vote someone else it means he's likely scum. I'm ready to lynch a bad guy.

Kind of weird to say this though. Like 'if you vote someone else you're scum, so you have to vote this way to prove you're town!'. I could buy that attitude if you kept it to yourself, but stating out here makes it seem like you're trying to push people into voting Hiip.

Honestly, I was thinking about voting Hiip but the stuff Pez has been saying has been scaring me away from it.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Pez posted:

If Hiip is town the scums will dive on it and win, if anyone shows up arguing to vote someone else it means he's likely scum.

Actually, I may just be misinterpreting this sentence, but I can't figure out how to read this as anything but: scum will vote for Hiip, scum will also not vote for Hiip. ????

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Oh wait, I get it now.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Fair enough, although again I think stating it out like that is weird because it will change how people act? Remember that there are three scum, and this late in the game they can definitely afford to bus someone...

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

The Carpet Shark posted:

Fair enough, although again I think stating it out like that is weird because it will change how people act? Remember that there are three scum, and this late in the game they can definitely afford to bus someone...

Then again, I imagine they might just want the game over at this point.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I notice you still haven't voted

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Uh, yeah? It's my ultimate scum strategy: never vote and just hope poo poo goes down the way I want it to.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

It's a scum strategy all right

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Kerro posted:

Well, the way I see it the fact that Hiipfire already voted AT and it didn't get hammered means one of three things:

1) The scum are not checking the thread, or they are but are waiting to coordinate to hammer AT to win
2) AT is scum, therefore the scum don't want to hammer him or
3) Hiipfire is scum, and is waiting for another townie to jump on so that his scumbuddies can hammer

If I had to choose between 2 and 3, Hiipfire has been playing far more consistently scummy in my eyes than AT, so that's where my vote goes.

In all seriousness, I was waiting because this model seems pretty solid and I figured you'd want some time to wait for scum to possibly slam on Hiipfire, or as you said Pez, suggest someone else to vote.

But there's also the possibility you and Kerro are the scum team and you've already co-ordinated to make sure your third scum doesn't come in until some poor sap places that third vote. So. You may see why I am not super into slamming down a vote.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Pez posted:

It's a scum strategy all right

Ugh.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Riiiiight

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I guarantee if anyone from town votes Toaster you're gonna be ready to vote then

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I can hear the clickety clack of you guys sending PMs now

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Pez posted:

I guarantee if anyone from town votes Toaster you're gonna be ready to vote then

If you really were town you wouldn't have any way of guaranteeing Hiip is scum so it's weird to say this, particularly when only one person so far had voted AT. That's a wildly uncoordinated scum team there, relying on the person who is the most suspected of being scum to place a barely justified vote down and hope a town player jumps on it. A much better strategy would be to get two of your scum team to lay down votes with justification, and then to call out any actions the one active town player in the thread at the time is doing as scummy in order to scare people from voting along with that player.

Pez posted:

In fact I'm nervous someone jumped on the same person I voted for so quickly. :tinfoil:

Yeah, it was pretty quick, wasn't it? Better cover your asses in case someone else calls that out. But of course, you've got to lay this groundwork down because if you can get that single town player to vote with you, your victory will be so easy!

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

I don't like anything going on here, and I especially don't like that Kerro and Pez come in here, guns a blazin, when there's really no reason to be rushing.

I'm re-reading.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

yeah I'm not the one who pretended to be a cop, conveniently left out 2 players as "insubstantial" then proceeded to get us to vote off Dragon who was a townie. I don't think I'm the one under suspicion here

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I notice too you didn't call out Hiipfire for coming in guns blazing either

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Pez posted:

yeah I'm not the one who pretended to be a cop, conveniently left out 2 players as "insubstantial" then proceeded to get us to vote off Dragon who was a townie. I don't think I'm the one under suspicion here

Everyone's under suspicion, stop pushing your agenda.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Pez posted:

I notice too you didn't call out Hiipfire for coming in guns blazing either

HiipFire posted:

I'm just gonna ##vote AtrociousToaster while you guys figure out that the only thing I did that is 'scummy' is lurking in D1.

Yeah, it's true, they had a lazy loving vote. How is this guns blazing? It's more like guns not even drawn. You are really trying to set things up the way you want them to go, though, and I feel like the people most motivated to do that are going to be the scum team, especially when they are so close to winning.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

quite the contrary- I'm fairly positive after the last vote I know who the scum team is. I know I'm town, and had I voted wrong this game would be over because the scum would have jumped on Hiip and ended it. You cinched it now with "he just made a random vote but you totally have an agenda voting for someone you've never voted for before."

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

My only agenda is I am taking one of you with us if the town loses

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Pez posted:

"he just made a random vote but you totally have an agenda voting for someone you've never voted for before."

Whoa, way over-simplification, it's like you're completely ignoring what I said. Hiip gave no reasoning for their vote, and there's only one vote on AT. Nobody else is piling on to that vote either. I think you have an agenda because you and Kerro have both voted for Hiip and you've been getting really pushy with me, when there really isn't a reason considering there's no deadline and it would benefit us to take a little time and think before we hammer someone into the ground.

Also what does voting for someone you've never voted for before have to do with anything? If you're scum I think your agenda is to KILL THE TOWN PLAYERS, and to me it looks like that's what you're trying to do! I never even implied you've been pushing for Hiipfire all along so why are you even bringing something like that up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Because I'm pointing out how silly and scummy you sound saying I have an agenda but Hiip just throwing that out there nonchalantly is totally ok. If Hiip and AT are both town, the scum would have jumped on AT and ended the game right there, but I didn't see you come in and start complaining until I targeted Hiip. Since no one did, I can surmise that AT is town. You are my real suspect since Dragon, but it was a better play to vote for Hiip to see if you'd quickly vote or try and talk us away from it. I was sitting here poised to unvote as soon as I saw you jump on the vote (meaning Hiip was town), but since you didn't I can bet on you and Hiip are 2 of the scum.

• Locked thread