Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tanis_dragonborn
Jul 13, 2014
the last time i had a good rye was also the first time i ever had one, it was around two years ago when jack daniels released their Tennessee rye. but alas it was 50 bucks a fifth and was also a limited edition commodity. but i did fall in love with the drink and would like to be able to find a decent, reasonably priced replacement. or if you have a suggestion for a different drink for me to try then that would be pretty great as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
Bulleit isn't bad for the price, but I'm no connoisseur

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
So far I've been enjoying Templeton the most

Chuck Biscuits
Dec 5, 2004

Rittenhouse Bonded 100 proof is what you need. It's around $25, delicious, spicy and strong enough to stand up to other ingredients when you mix it. Only problem is that it's sometimes difficult to find in stock for months at a time.

Much of the readily available rye (Bulleit, Templeton, Redemption, James E. Pepper, etc.)is distilled and aged by the same company in Indiana. I like James E. Pepper the most out of that list because it is 100 proof and less than $30.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Templeton is outstanding. Pricey but basically on par with a decent scotch anyway.

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Angels Envy. It is incredible. Expensive, but it is worth every penny.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Is it remotely possible to get Pappy Van Winkle any more since it got popular?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

wheez the roux posted:

Bulleit isn't bad for the price, but I'm no connoisseur

Same and also Wild Turkey rye is wildly underrated imo

• Locked thread