Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

and why are they causing so much fuciking traffic???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
its a tool where salespeople are supposed to log every single thing they do. its a lot like torture. i guess its so you can check whether they dont sell because of the economy or whether theyre lazy shits.

also its got an api and i wrote the worst code in my life against it for a plug-in for an employer once

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

lol so its just an overgrown hr tool?

Moose Milkie
Sep 6, 2007

:cthulhu::respek::ghost:
COME ON GET INVOLVED
THERE'S A MOOSETERY TO SOLVE
HANG AROUND WITH MOOSE MILKIE

ROVER HERE!!!!!
no you save your contacts and poo poo in there and cold call people and really obviously read notes to them "so the last time i called we talked about... storrrraaagge solutions, right?"

it's also used as a ticketing system by stupid companies

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
:milkie:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
cool it's milkie

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
S F D C

Moose Milkie
Sep 6, 2007

:cthulhu::respek::ghost:
COME ON GET INVOLVED
THERE'S A MOOSETERY TO SOLVE
HANG AROUND WITH MOOSE MILKIE

ROVER HERE!!!!!
i'm here to help

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
salesforce is bent and twisted into a variety of business solutions.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

they have these big tacky signs on their offices that say SOFTWARE with a red circle and a slash though it and it's like wait are you guys running paper forms?

sales is the most boring and horrible thing in business so if you never have to deal with crm consider yourself lucky

Smythe posted:

salesforce is bent and twisted into a variety of business solutions.
p much this, you know how people here are always joking that their company wouldn't run except for some old access DB or giant excel spreadsheet? that's going to be salesforce in a few years

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
im going to start a cloud based crm and my killer feature will be discounts for accounts that exist but aren't used.

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

its like gravity force but with boat sails instead of trampolines

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Widdiful posted:

its like gravity force but with boat sails instead of trampolines

:captainpop:

gently caress that one pixel in teh bottom right that flashes out on teh last frame really pisses me off

pram
Jun 10, 2001
we dont need more cloud based crm

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

bobbilljim posted:

:captainpop:

gently caress that one pixel in teh bottom right that flashes out on teh last frame really pisses me off

same

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Salesfarce

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
gale force shart

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pram posted:

oh??? i think you may be interested in this extremely powerful and flexible enterprise cloud solution

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
sales on railsforce

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:

pram posted:

but your SME's can customize it to fit their business processes without the help of a developer. departments can leverage shared knowledge to discover new markets and increase loyalty in existing customers. best of all our cloud based SaaS platform minimizes initial capital requirements allowing you to invest in your business not your infrastructure. motherfucker!

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
here's the keynote op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-fFHZuIa40

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the nonprofit i worked at used salesforce to keep track of who donated what and during what event so that we could guilt them into doing it again later

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
hail satan

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

:agreed:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the computer shop i worked at sold T1s on the side, and they used salesforce for outage ticketing.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
incredible

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
i still cant believe companies are willing to store their sensitive business critical stuff on some 3rd party clod

whats gonna happen if salesforce went bankrupt/got bought/had a datacenter fire/etc... how hosed will the companies be?

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

went bankrupt/got bought/had a datacenter fire/etc...

you realize all this stuff applies to non outsourced things too

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i don't know, op

pram
Jun 10, 2001
there is benefit in outsourcing to 'teh cloud' like salesforce. they can afford better equipment like exadatas, better design, architecture, etc all because of economy of scale. salesforce datacenter is much better than your retard company setting up some dell garbage in a colo srry

cadenza
Dec 25, 2006

integrity
i walked past yerba buena park at lunchtime today and there were lots of people wearing blue lanyards and there was a stage set up playing "what does the fox say" and it said DREAMFORCE 2014

thats my story :tipshat:

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

pram posted:

you realize all this stuff applies to non outsourced things too

i was thinking more about the data storage. i never used salesforce but since its cloud i am assuming the customer doesn't have access to the raw data and data schema.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
u thought wrong bitch

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

i was thinking more about the data storage. i never used salesforce but since its cloud i am assuming the customer doesn't have access to the raw data and data schema.

there's export tools. but there's that.

tbh I'd probably rather have my data secured by sales force than some small companies ( even lots of big ones) it team.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

has someone said failsforce yet

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

i still cant believe companies are willing to store their sensitive business critical stuff on some 3rd party clod

whats gonna happen if salesforce went bankrupt/got bought/had a datacenter fire/etc... how hosed will the companies be?

http://www.google.com/work/apps/business/

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
cloudsource all it for great justice

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
wife literally asked me what salesforce was a few nights ago, because of their SF event I guess, and I gave her a hand-wavey answer because I didn't really know but it looks like I was pretty close to the real answer.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
why bother paying for some other rear end in a top hat's crm software when you can hire a team of developers to cobble together your very own in-house crm software ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

postin to post in every thread

• Locked thread