Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Was Shin Megami Tensei: IMAGINE any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~
Wildstar wasn't successful because people keep on confusing it for Worldstar Hiphop

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Gumdrop Larry posted:

I thought the material gathering stuff in original FFXIV was chill as heck like mining and woodcutting and fishing. I liked to unwind doing that stuff. But then you would take all of your stuff and try to craft a bronze helmet or something and it would just explode in your hands and then it was all kind of pointless. That part was sort of stressful.
I fished a lot in 14-1, but its insanely good in 14-2 now. you get a fishing log thats just a big book of question marks, and you have to fill it in by discovering all the different fishing spots in the zone and what kinds of fish live there. its a big exploration class

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Widestancer posted:

hahahaahaha no

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

sword_man.gif posted:

the carbine dev who posts in there, cyster, is caydiem from blizzard, who got really mad about being the rogue class lead and using a terrible sword in the mainhand (silent fang) to the point where for a long-rear end time on the blizzard forums mentioning silent fang was a ban

i was permabanned from the wow forums back in vanilla for calling this woman a fat retard, lol

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Vargs posted:

i was permabanned from the wow forums back in vanilla for calling this woman a fat retard, lol

I too know the burden of truth and being chastised for it.

Dec 26, 2012

Widestancer posted:

not even remotely

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Widestancer posted:

it was better than other f2p mmos for the time, it was still rly bad tho

it was kind of fun working your way through the bad english/bad grind/bad bugs to collect demons in an SMT mmo though

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Neurolimal posted:

it was better than other f2p mmos for the time, it was still rly bad tho

I really hate when people say things like that because it makes it sound like it had some form of redeeming qualities.

It's like the CDC announcing that the recent Ebola strain was not as bad as the other worse ebola strain. But you know what? It still sucks big time and not any of them are considered a good thing to begin with.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

compared to wildstar, ebola really isnt that bad

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

I really hate when people say things like that because it makes it sound like it had some form of redeeming qualities.

It's like the CDC announcing that the recent Ebola strain was not as bad as the other worse ebola strain. But you know what? It still sucks big time and not any of them are considered a good thing to begin with.

How the gently caress does "it was better than something that was terrible, but still really bad" make it sound like it has "some form of redeeming qualities".

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Silver Striker posted:

How the gently caress does "it was better than something that was terrible, but still really bad" make it sound like it has "some form of redeeming qualities".

It's The Taint Reaper. There's nothing you can do...

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

It's The Taint Reaper. There's nothing you can do...

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

IK's can't read or act upon them.

Dec 26, 2012

shameful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Vargs posted:

i think i got permabanned calling kalgan a friend of the family

e; specifically i think i made a thread titled 'K.A.L.G.A.N.I.G.G.E.R.'

• Locked thread