Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

OkieMurse posted:

I mean they put in goddamn attunement and some of these dudes were WoW devs. They should have known better.

they're the WoW devs who were fired for putting in garbage in the first place, so no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

sword_man.gif posted:

it'll probably go f2p despite that one guy's dumb-rear end statement that he'd rather see the game shut down than go that route

tbf if i was the ceo of poo poo MMO Company 10 i'd probably fire anyone who says "yeah we already have plans for f2p"

gj jeff now literally nobody is going to sub/stay subbed because they're waiting for the f2p patch we wont have for another month, retard

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

I got in the beta (stress test really, Im pretty sure they didnt give a gently caress about feedback) and it basically seemed like there was no quests? There was like these things called "levees" or something and it was a generic "kill 10 dudes over there" that I picked up in the city, only when I went to the area to kill the dudes, there was pretty much none, and even though I could find the same dudes outside of the highlighted area, they didn't count. Then the game crashed or DC'd me and the levee was auto-failed and I had to go back to town to get it again.

Also the introduction stuff seemed to be a whole bunch of poo poo that I didn't care about because it was NPCs doing cool poo poo and not me. Also the UI was a godawful mess where just about anything was buried 3 levels deep and it was very obviously designed with PS3 in mind.

you forgot to mention that large swathes of most areas were the same few squares repeated over and over again

it was really blatantly made in some map editor without any regard for landmarks or Being Interesting

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Widestancer posted:

Was Shin Megami Tensei: IMAGINE any good?

it was better than other f2p mmos for the time, it was still rly bad tho

it was kind of fun working your way through the bad english/bad grind/bad bugs to collect demons in an SMT mmo though

• Locked thread